Knoxville Expo Show Tomorrow

I'm betting that it will really be a madhouse there tomorrow, especially with press like the gun spot on ABC news tonight + the big run on ammo nationwide.

I think I'll still go, even if I don't get in the door, just to see the likely chaos...

- OS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it ought to be fairly entertaining. Don't know what I am looking for but I bet I find something I like.

Well, I won't wait in line, that's for sure...

If GA Arms has any of the 9mm for same price, I might get 1000 more...

James, I don't see exact hours anywhere.. usually 'bout 9am I think, maybe early as 8, dunno... Here's the standard coupon:

image001.gif

- OS

Got back from the gunshow a little while back. I met up with OhShoot, SUNTZU, Dad of SUNTZU and another guy. We ran into a few fellow TGO'ers as well.

Had a great time. There was a line stretched out for near 50 yards at 9:30 when we met up. But it moved very quickly.

I have only been to a handful of gun shows the last couple of years and this was far and away the most crowded one. Me and OhShoot stepped outside about 11:30 to get some air and the line was still stretched out.

Ga. Arms was set up and I picked up some very reasonably priced .45 LC and .380. SUNTZU practically forced me to buy a bag of 25 tracer rounds for the M1, well not practically as I DID buy them. My treasure of a find was an old guy selling vintage militaria at unbelievable cheap prices. I picked up a USGI 1911 mag in .45ACP as well as a 30 round and 15 round mag for my M1. The 15 rounder was made by the Union Hardware Company and is in near 100% condition.

The 30 rounder is near 100% too as well as the 1911 mag being in remarkable condition. I also picked up an Inland Manufacturing mag from another table.

All in all it was a great way to spend the morning.

I did not see any price gouging, Ammo and guns were all priced as they would have been a week ago. Ammo was flying off the tables though. I bet they do a record amount of those sales. I did not see more than a couple of AK's or AR's. I did not look at pricing on those I saw.

We did have a classic moment though. Below is picture evidence of the elusive CCW badge on a belt next to a OC'd handgun. What a dork!

gun_and_a_badge.jpg

Edited by Mike.357

I went today and was pretty crowded around noon.

I bought a correct front sight hood for my 03A3 from that same old-timer for the outrageous sum of $3.00. I'm might happy about that find.

Bought the only 2 M1 Carbine extractors in the place. And yet another ammo can. The biggest I could find. I've got some kind of thing for those blasted cans.

Gave up $5 to the Friends of the NRA for a chance at a Beretta 92FS. I should get the call tomorrow. :D

Overall a success for me.

Guest 70below

Good runnin into you Mike.357 and SUNTZU. Glad to hear you guys found some deals. Didn't see anything I had to throw money down on the table for, but after seeing your post, I wish I had fought the crowd around the Georgia Arms tables......I could use some reasonably priced .380 though I did find some online for $47 bucks for 250rds.

was good seeing you too 70 Below. I hope you can make it to the shoot next week in Kingsport. Your internet deal on .380 was better than mine from Ga Arms. I am guessing you did not sell the rifle?

I wish I had seen whoever was selling M1 parts. I would like to get some back ups.

I do have an online source for some that I need to follow up on.

I am going outside tonight at about 7:00 to test out some of the tracer rounds. Good thing the woods are still wet, LOL

Guest 70below

Nope, didn't sell the rifle today, everyone seemed too worried about stocking up on ammo and hi caps. I had lots of people rub it tenderly (the rifle that is) but no one ponied up the dough.

Got back from the gunshow a little while back. I met up with OhShoot, SUNTZU, Dad of SUNTZU and another guy. We ran into a few fellow TGO'ers as well...

Great to finally met ya Mike and good to see you again Suntzu and meet your dad and his pal...

Well, it wasn't quite the madhouse I expected there, although it seemed to have at least twice as many attendees as the last Jacob's show. But as I was leaving just before 1 I think it was, seemed that it was actually getting even more crowded.

So I did buy 1000 rounds of 115 gr FMJ 9mm from Georgia Arms shortly after arriving around 9:30, not knowing if there was really a "panic shortage" happening here and there or not. Had read that even WalMart was backordered and etc, and have been stocking up every other week or so for a while now, so thought this was no time to change that.

So that cost $202.11 and included 2 ammo boxes, which are handy.

I just lollygagged around with the boys; only things really left on my major list is another 9mm pistola at some point, prolly an XD service, and that most fabulous of EBRs, the fabled High Point 9mm carbine! What there was the absolute LEAST of at the show were new pistols. Really, only about 5 tables with new handguns for sale. Was surprised, since now is the buying frenzy for them. Was also surprised that the prices on these few new guns were pretty much fair retail, no gouging to speak of.

By the time I left, though, there really WAS a frenzy at the Georgia Arms area, folks 3 deep buying every caliber there. Took 5 min before I could retrieve the two cans I had already bought but left stashed there to wander around.

And then, on the way out, there's ONE High Point carbine I had missed...it was used and they wanted $260, well above MSRP! Dunno WHAT that was about.

Ran into old workmate from UT there too, who has also like me gotten back into shooting in the last couple years, urged him to join us here...

Oh, and get this: I needed to run by Sam's and get some other usual supplies, so I popped into next door WalMart to see about the ammo situation there. Well, they had all the Blazer Brass (and WWB) 9mm one could want. The BB was 8.67 + tax, so could have actually got my 1000 rounds cheaper than those from GA Arms (but without the nifty ammo cases).

Anyway, very enjoyable time...

Suntzu picked up a nice oldie there, seemed very pleased, he had to splain to me what it even was, but I'll let him do show and tell on that.

Mike, I'll look to the NE about dark from my top floor here and see if I see any fireworks from out Corryton way! :)

- OS

I'll look to the NE about dark from my top floor here and see if I see any fireworks from out Corryton way!

The fireworks show was a success!!

Them things would definitely start a fire if I was not careful where I was shooting them. The leaves on my dirt pile were wet and I still had several small blazes going, yikes. The chemical in the tracer burned a very bright red. It was pretty cool. Would look better if fired at a hundred yard range rather than the thirty I shotthem at tonight. Should have bought more. :)

The BB was 8.67 + tax, so could have actually got my 1000 rounds cheaper than those from GA Arms (but without the nifty ammo cases).

I don't think you could have gotten 1000 rds at Wally World. Oh Shoot, are you planning on going to Kingsport next weekend?

The BB was 8.67 + tax, so could have actually got my 1000 rounds cheaper than those from GA Arms (but without the nifty ammo cases).

I don't think you could have gotten 1000 rds at Wally World. Oh Shoot, are you planning on going to Kingsport next weekend?

Oh yeah, guy said he had at least 50 boxes...

The ones you see in the glass racks out at Gallagher View WalMart are not even where he pulls the ones you get...

And yeah, I am right now thinking I can go up there...only for the day, though...not camping..wanna ride together?

- OS

Yeah, we could meet up Sat. morning. I'm not the camping sort myself. I'm pretty sure that Cody may be needing a ride too. Cody went with me last time there and I think with a copy of the directions and my fuzzy memory I can find my way back there.

Yeah, we could meet up Sat. morning. I'm not the camping sort myself. I'm pretty sure that Cody may be needing a ride too. Cody went with me last time there and I think with a copy of the directions and my fuzzy memory I can find my way back there.

Sounds good, I'll PM ya later in the week, we'll get it together...

- OS

if anyone needs directions on any kingsport or gray show, just pm me and i'll help you out. i've got family up there and know the area well.

Well, i just dont know anymore, todays show was as bad or worse than the 1 at chilhowee 2 weeks ago! Got there at 1 pm, crowded as hell mainly due to fact, center was partioned 1/3 narrower than usually.

in gen. most vendors were sold out of .223 as well as x39, best price i saw on 50 round of .223 was $18.97 +tax, which isnt cheap for remanufactured!

In general as always about 40% of show was flea-market junk! Prices in general were usual, except some vendors were asking $290. for keltec p-32, wich is usually about $230. Several have raised their prices on guns on avg.$25. per $100. but there were some who still had the p-32 for $230.

I had high hopes to see tons of AKs & ARs, guess what, at best 12 each at the whole show, 6 AKs were the ban-models and prices on all had gone up $150.-$250. Lately to me it seems, dealers and sellers have not been putting up AW, but holding out to sell them, at outregrous prices just before a ban is announced!

The highlight of the show was running into, a good aquaintance of mine, who goes by the name of Spuds, on this board and while we were exchanging Aliases, we met a member from another forum who knew me

by name from the AK files, whose name was barney!

I really had hoped to find something of interest, etc... but just like the last one, nothing!

Hopefully there will be a show in Dalton next month? The one in Chatt. will most likely be a bad one, since most there usually are!

Just am happy, that i was able to get my plr-16, a few days ago!

Thanks.

Slim i disagree with you.

gun prices were very fair. amm prices were very fair.

I did not see anything overpriced,

i have read threads started by you. and I can only surmise that you are a troll, and nothing can make you happy.

Edited by Mike.357

Mike.357, i see you are still upset, with my opinion of your beloved NRA a few days ago!

I dont appreciate you calling me a troll, i did say in gen. prices were fair, except a few vendors, it all depends on the type of guns one checks out,

mainly i am into AW,mil-sup. of all types, and lately kel-tecs, and some dealers as i said were charging $60. more than the avg. rate, while others, were not.

When a seller asks $685. for a Cent. Tantal, that is about $120. more than the going rate. Sev. ban AKs were going for $600.-$800. which is

about $200.-$300. to much!

Even a WASR was going for $520. which usually goes for $100. less,

a P-1 Walther for $450. a cz52 for $275. So there were some unscrupulous vendors there, the only ammo price i had quoted was 50 round of reloaded .223 for $18.99 + tax, which i thought was a little high,

being reloaded!

The only thing that has suprised me in the last few months, is that shows are getting to much flea-market stuff, as well as getting smaller, and it gen. AW seem to have gone hiding lately, but there are as few out there at shows, as there were during the ban!

Did you notice the prices on the M-1 carbs? crazy, a new made one with fake fold. going for $850. Saw the same one $300. less 2 weeks ago!

PS. Interesting Avatar!:rolleyes: Have a great day!

That Polytech was nice, good cond. but $1750. about $300. to high, not to mention a few ARs also $300.+ to high!

Guest cdsusong

Also went to the show yesterday. I did not find anything that I just had to have but my buddy was on a mission for an AR. We did find one. It is a Bush Master 223 with collapsable stock and carry handle. I believe he got it for $950 cash and carry. He also bought a can of 223 from GA and a Halo sight and padded carry case. Needless to say he is out of squirrel money for now. I priced the 9mm from GA and their price was fair. Later I went to WalMart and bought some Winchester 100 round boxes for $20 a box. They had plenty for now. Like you gus said, I just didn't get that nifty can to go with my ammo. What is the deal with the make up and face creme booth at a gun show? I did hear some vendors say that they would be sitting on the ARs and stuff until they saw what was going to happen with the gov situation. Just sounds like they will wait until the demand out weighs the supply and jack the prices up. I looked for a youth stock for the 1100 but no luck. Overall the gun supply was short and the fleas were a hoppin. But better than peeling wall paper for the wife!

... What is the deal with the make up and face creme booth at a gun show?

Actually, Mike.357 and I talked to that gal a bit, right next to Ga Arms...she actually had cologne and whatnot for men, by golly took the challenge right up when I asked if she had anything to make us look better :dunno:. Nice lady, really.

All in all we figgered she lived off guilt and bribery ... so know, the guys there with their better halves who have spent too much on themselves and need to atone :blush:

- OS

I went yesterday and was looking for a good 243. I would up buying a new one a wal-mart cheaper than dealers were wanting. People are tired of paying for way overpriced merchandise. Especially after paying the ridiculous $10 entrance fee.

There is a show next weekend at the Dayton national guard armory, Last year the entrance fee was $4 more like it.

I did hear some vendors say that they would be sitting on the ARs and stuff until they saw what was going to happen with the gov situation. Just sounds like they will wait until the demand out weighs the supply and jack the prices up.

I'd say you're right. While at dinner last night, I ran into 2 guys who had booths set up at the Nashville show. They said the same thing. They didn't bring a single AR, AK, SKS, etc. to the show, because they have a good feeling they will be in for a huge payday in the near future. They also claimed to have bought up many of the decently priced AR's, AK's, SKS's, etc. that other vendors had, before the show doors opened.