22LR at gander mountain

Cabela's in Bowling Green had a big pile of Thunderbolts for $2.99/box today, if you can stand to shoot that crap. Wifey and I got 4 boxes of CCI Quiet, my preferred squirrel medicine. They also had a mountain of Stingers for $7.99/box and 2 or 3 other options.

Also, surprisingly low prices on 10MM, with a wide selection. They had 3 defensive loads and the standard Remmy green and white box fmj. I got a box of 20 170gr HP PMC stuff to try out for $17.99. Less than $1/rd for HP 10MM is the cheapest I've ever seen in a brick and mortar shop.

the price is in line of what i have found at the name brand box stores in my area.  was in rome georgia last week.  stop at dunham's sports in the mall to look around.  they got a large gun/reloading section.  they had aguila 22 lr standard velocity for $5.49 a box of 50.   four boxes a day.  not a great price, but better than the scrapers.  i paid $5.99 a box of 50 for aquila rifle match the other day at sportsmans warehouse. i was out of my normal match ammo (rws target and/or r100) and need some for a upcoming rifle match. dunham's had lots of other brands, sizes, and types of ammo.  9 mm was priced cheap.  it looks like $4.00 to $5.99 a box of 50 is what we are going to see this summer when we can find it.  one day i will make it to wal-mart and beat the "butt heads" to the 22 ammo and score me some cheap ammo.  

Don't get me wrong I know the price sucks but if I keep seeing 22 like that all the time in the near future I'm going to start buying me some and finally get me that ruger 10/22 I've been wanting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am coming to accept that somewhere in the neighborhood of $5 per box of 50 - while disgusting to those of us who are used to the 'old' pricing - is going to be closer to the new 'normal' price, even after things settle down, than the prices we remember.  Heck, when you consider that places like Benton Shooter's Supply had prices of $7.99 and more a box on reg'lar, ol' .22LR ammo when I was in there a couple of months ago - just like many of the profiteers at gun shows - $4 or $5 a box doesn't sound all that bad.  Saying that makes me a little sick but I am afraid it is the new reality and even at that price .22LR is still less expensive than pretty much any other factory ammo (possible bulk order discounts, etc. aside.).

Edited by JAB

Why Goose Mountain is even in business I don't know.  They have the absolute highest prices of any place I've ever seen.

They have a massive gun department at the Knoxville (Farragut) location but the prices are beyond ridiculous.  They seem to take MSRP seriously.  Pretty sure ammo prices go up every time I visit which is maybe once every three months.

Sadly, they are always busy and people are always buying guns there....screwing things up for people who like to stretch a dollar such as myself.

Why Goose Mountain is even in business I don't know.  They have the absolute highest prices of any place I've ever seen.

They have a massive gun department at the Knoxville (Farragut) location but the prices are beyond ridiculous.  They seem to take MSRP seriously.  Pretty sure ammo prices go up every time I visit which is maybe once every three months.

Sadly, they are always busy and people are always buying guns there....screwing things up for people who like to stretch a dollar such as myself.

I like to call them 'Gouger Mountain' and, yeah, their prices are generally higher than a lot of other places.  The biggest reason I used to go in there was that all of their long guns were on display right out on the sales floor - attached to the display with an alarmed cord to keep people from just walking off with them - where one could peruse them, pick up as many as one wanted, go back and forth between one an another and so on without having to stand at the counter.  I don't want to wait for a sales associate to help and take up their time when really all I am doing is deciding which gun I might want to buy somewhere else that has more reasonable prices or ask my LGS to order for me..  I often would buy a box or two of ammo or something like that while I was there, though, and that setup had me in there a couple times a month.  They were also just about the only store in the immediate area that had a fairly decent section of reloading supplies but they pared that down to nearly nothing when they redid the firearms.  Now that the long guns are all behind the counter and one has to interact with a sales associate, etc. to look at them and they have little to nothing I need for reloading I maybe go in there two or three times a year - and I work on Lovell Road so I could go right by there on the way home.  Still, sometimes they have things that I can't find elsewhere in the immediate area so every once in a while I bite the bullet (pun intended) and go in there.

At any rate, it is good to know about the .22LR for folks in that area.  I wonder if the Knoxville store has a stack like that.  As I said, $5 a box isn't ideal but it isn't out of line with current pricing in other retail stores lately.  I did get a couple of boxes of Federal .22LR at Academy for $3.99 a box a week or two ago.  They had a stack of Aguila Colibri that were priced at over $4 a box so, again, $5 for CCI doesn't seem too out of line.  Unfortunately.

Edited by JAB

Yeah GM is too high, places like Bass Pro and the like with all the fancy fountains and fish tanks and such. Guess who gets to pay for all that fancy stuff? As for the price of 10 cents per round, look at it like this would you rather go out and spend $30+ to shoot 50 rounds of .38 or shoot 50 rounds of 22 at $5??? It is better than not shooting because either you don't have any ammo or don't want to use up your zombie stash.

• Like 2

That's one place that will never get my money. 2 years ago a friend and I stood in line at their Christmas sale for some 22LR. 6 hours we waited. And once inside they only had 20 buckets to sell, they had more but would not sell them until 10am and you had to get back in line to get a chance at them. I would WALK to Bass Pro before my truck will ever by back at Goffy Mountain