Anyone watch the Fight of the century

Got together with some buddy's and split the cost. But it still was a big waste of money. Didn't know it was going to be a track meet. When Floyd wasn't running he was holding. But he got the BIG check....... I realized it was a joke when I saw the Burger King mascot in Floyds entourage, I thought Justin Bieber was bad enough

• Like 1
I watched it. Meh. Disappointing. It looked like a warm-up. Not even a drop of blood for 36 minutes and $400 million? Sheesh.

Yea, I've heard three people so far say they had never heard of Pacquiao... and about a dozen people gasp and give them that "From under what rock did you just crawl out?!" look of bewilderment. Lol! Edited by musicman
  • Like 5
The underdog fights were bad and that interviewer was just as bad as all three fights were.

Mayweather did exactly what he does every time, win with the least amount of fighting. Pacquiao just didn't bring his game, but I don't think he cared because he'll still pocket $100 mil for losing.
  • Like 2
I feel sorry for anyone who lost money on the fight. Pacman had a shoulder injury and his team didn't check the injury box on the form sheet after weigh in so he was denied a cortisone shot before the fight. Could have changed the outcome.
  • Like 2

I watched it. Meh. Disappointing. It looked like a warm-up. Not even a drop of blood for 36 minutes and $400 million? Sheesh.

Yea, I've heard three people so far say they had never heard of Pacquiao... and about a dozen people gasp and give them that "From under what rock did you just crawl out?!" look of bewilderment. Lol!

Extra points for not ending the quoted sentence with a preposition. Well played, sir. Well played.

I didn't watch it live, but I had a feeling it would underwhelm.  The big fights these days tend to do just that.  I sure as hell wasn't paying $100 bucks for PPV or paying a cover charge somewhere for it, to say nothing of the crowds.

Mayweather's fighting style has been pretty constant.  As he gotten older, he's played it long going into each fight, and it obviously works for him. Between his treatment of women, childlike flaunting of wealth, and friendship with Justin Bieber, I think very little of him as a man, but as a boxer, he has to be respected for his dedication to the craft.  You don't go 48-0 in fights without being good.

• Like 1

BTQ, I don't think there's going to be many more of those $100 PPV's after this one .

Honestly, after Mayweather's next (and supposedly last fight) I don't know where boxing goes forward.  Pacquiao is getting up there in age himself.  These two are pretty much the only household names boxing has left.  Americans aren't going to pay any big money for a pay-per-view for fighters they don't know.

HBO and Showtime are probably going to be where all the boxing action is going to be in 2016 and beyond.

Yeah, Pacman has been famous in boxing for a long time.
Floyd Mayweather is the dumbest human being alive. Any woman that chooses to sleep with him is committing an act of bestiality.

Yeah, he's dumb enough to buy out his contract, promote himself and get the biggest paycheck in boxing history.

Honestly, after Mayweather's next (and supposedly last fight) I don't know where boxing goes forward.  Pacquiao is getting up there in age himself.  These two are pretty much the only household names boxing has left.  Americans aren't going to pay any big money for a pay-per-view for fighters they don't know.

HBO and Showtime are probably going to be where all the boxing action is going to be in 2016 and beyond.

Adrien Broner can be the next American boxing star if he can get his head right. He has a bit of Mayweather in him when it comes to flaunting the cash, and he recently got a D.U.I. charge.

I feel sorry for anyone who lost money on the fight. Pacman had a shoulder injury and his team didn't check the injury box on the form sheet after weigh in so he was denied a cortisone shot before the fight. Could have changed the outcome.

I read that this morning. But he booked the fight knowing he was injured, so really, it's on him. What I do find ridiculous is that Mayweather only has 1 fight left on his contract and since Manny has a 9-12 month recovery time it will be too late to have a rematch with both fighters in good shape. This is why I am not a big fan of solo sports. Give me hockey any day!

• Like 1

Anyone watch the Fight of the century

Yes I did, every minute of every round, right up to the point that Frazier was unable to answer the bell in the 15th, allowing Ali to retain his title ...

• Like 4

Yeah, he's dumb enough to buy out his contract, promote himself and get the biggest paycheck in boxing history.

I sincerely doubt the wheels in the cobwebbed vacant space where his brain is supposed to be turn fast enough for that decision to be made without some sort of guidance. Have you ever heard the man speak? He is an IDIOT. Who cares if you have all the money in the world if you can't use the word "magnitude" correctly in a sentence.

I challenge that man to a $100 million dollar spelling bee.
  • Like 1

Well, since I've been gone why not start here:

Pacman is well known. Is he a good fighter (yes) , he is.. Did he connect a few times,yes, but when you promote yourself, fight in your town, 2 out of the 3 judges are from your State, you picked the referee you wanted, you are bound to win.. He's not a fighter and yes he is 48-0 because he just jabs you to deaf and then judges give him hella points for that. When he gets hit hard, like when Cotto hit him or What PacMan connected, he balled up into the ropes and protected his face and body.. Then he loves to push off, headlock, and to get on his bike and ride around the ring.. Sorry, not the boxing we are accustomed to.. 

I would love to see a Cotto/Mayweather rematch, but I think mayweather is smart enough to not want a piece of that action right now.. When Mayweather retires, you'll see better boxers out there.. But Boxing might need to get CPR for it to comeback to it's hayday.. This fight sealed the coffin or left one nail from completely killing it..

• Like 1
Just saw an old replay of the 1985 Hagler vs Hearns fight. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Real boxing at its best. I don't think these guys today would stand a chance aginst any of the fighters back in the day. I remember seeing these growing up when it was such a big deal. The punches they took were just devastating.
  • Like 2

Just saw an old replay of the 1985 Hagler vs Hearns fight. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Real boxing at its best. I don't think these guys today would stand a chance aginst any of the fighters back in the day. I remember seeing these growing up when it was such a big deal. The punches they took were just devastating.

I really enjoyed watching boxing on free television back in the good old days.
  • Like 1

Well, I didn't watch this fight or any other fights on PPV. I remember back many years ago when Ali and Liston had their first fight for the Heavy weight title and people spent big bucks thinking they would see a great fight and Ali knocked him out in the first round. Everyone bitched and complained and felt cheated. I realized right then I would never pay big bucks to watch a fight. I do wish Pacman would have been in true form cause he would have beat the pulp out of Mayweather in my opinion. In all honesty from what I have read and heard this was a big money fight for both fighters win or lose so why not put on a show for the folks and that was exactly what it was............jmho