My first AR pistol (300BO)

I finally built my TGO upper/lower set! I went with a pistol (for now) in 300 Blackout. I still need to tweek a couple of things (need a riser for the red dot, need to trim the foam pad back, etc.), but it's ready to function check.

262f36ba25e26f0599c62c3d576407db_zpsu1lg

b4ea381a4e8eb164dc6508b1d4930a28_zpseqog

c0a18abbf5a1694b8d7147784c83be7a_zpsqnsf

-8.5" bbl
-8" SLR Rifleworks handguard
-BCM BCG
-BCM large charging handle
-Magpul MOE grip (originally FDE painted black). I will replace this with a K2+
-cheap ($20) red dot from eBay. I wanted to make sure I liked this setup before I replace it with a Better one
-YHM 1/2" mini riser on order
-A set of generic BUIS I had laying around. I'll replace these at some point
-I'll have to trim the foam pad back a little because it interferes with the CH
-Kenti-Tech muzzle brake / redirect. http://www.kineti-tech.com/kineti-tech-muzzle-brake-with-sound-redirect-with-13-16-x-16-threaded-sleeve-2-piece/
-I plan to suppress it in time

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 3

Nice! I'm trying to decide on some type of muzzle device for mine at the moment. I want to use a 10" handguard on my 8.5" barrel but until I can get a supressor I'll have to have something like the KX3 or something similar to what you have. There is a cheaper version but I can't make my mind up. I just like the look of the joint being under the handguard.

• Like 1

Me likey lots. I'm starting to jones more for an AR pistol with a SIG brace, with all of these cool pics going around. Looks great!

Thanks.

The AR pistol bug grew on me from looking at pics on TGO too. I might put a SIG brace on it, but I want to see how it shoots first. This is quickly becoming my favorite AR to handle. So light

Nice! I'm trying to decide on some type of muzzle device for mine at the moment. I want to use a 10" handguard on my 8.5" barrel but until I can get a supressor I'll have to have something like the KX3 or something similar to what you have. There is a cheaper version but I can't make my mind up. I just like the look of the joint being under the handguard.

I like the covered look too, but my muzzle device buts right up against the end. My handguard is too narrow to get a standard 7.62 can under there I believe, but it should be flush with the end if installed on a QD. I started to get the KX3 but decided to save some money towards a can and stamp. The Kenti-Tech sound redirect shroud has an interesting thread pitch of 13/16 x16.
49afcb42be20c95949ab387a9e798081_zpszxdt Edited by Wingshooter

WOW! That is sweet!! Congrats! My first AR pistol is in 5.56 but pretty plain. Yours turned out really nice :up:  :up:

Thanks! My other ARs are 5.56, so I wanted to try something different. I don't even have any ammo for it yet though
  • Like 1

I like the covered look too, but my muzzle device buts right up against the end. My handguard is too narrow to get a standard 7.62 can under there I believe, but it should be flush with the end if installed on a QD. I started to get the KX3 but decided to save some money towards a can and stamp. The Kenti-Tech sound redirect shroud has an interesting thread pitch of 13/16 x16.
49afcb42be20c95949ab387a9e798081_zpszxdt

I've got the same kinet-tech on my 300 as well and I think it's a great piece of gear. The pitch is apparently the same one as the infamous oil can device which has lead to a lot of thought on form 1ing a real can to said pitch and buying cheap, readily available adapters for using it on other guns. Maybe one day.

Good job on the pistol too BTW, looks great!

• Like 1

I'm digging the aesthetic of the Kenti-Tech stuff.  Deep diving into their website and reviews now.

Do they just screw onto the barrel like any other compensator/muzzle brake?

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

I'm digging the aesthetic of the Kenti-Tech stuff. Deep diving into their website and reviews now.

Do they just screw onto the barrel like any other compensator/muzzle brake?

With the one I have, the brake just screws onto the barrel like any other (available in 1/2x28 or 5/8x24). They have clocking rings available if needed to index it properly. Then the shroud screws onto the brake. I can remove or reinstall the shroud easily by hand while the brake stays in place. Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1

With the one I have, the brake just screws onto the barrel like any other (available in 1/2x28 or 5/8x24). They have clocking rings available if needed to index it properly. Then the shroud screws onto the brake. I can remove or reinstall the shroud easily by hand while the brake stays in place.

That's the one has my eye drawn to it.  I should also be able to play around with it and buy the other shroud's on the site and they would be interchangeable, right?

The prices on these are quite agreeable.

That's the one has my eye drawn to it.  I should also be able to play around with it and buy the other shroud's on the site and they would be interchangeable, right?

The prices on these are quite agreeable.

I think all of the shrouds are interchangeable. It also seems like I had the option to choose the shroud design at checkout from their site. They shipped pretty fast too
  • Like 1

I think all of the shrouds are interchangeable. It also seems like I had the option to choose the shroud design at checkout from their site. They shipped pretty fast too

I'll just add a few things to "the gun list" to get from them when some savings build back up.  Thanks for the firsthand knowledge. 

• Like 1