Maybe we went overboard....

So I got a cryptic message sent to me at work about my birthday present arriving today. I was very confused because I was 99.9% certain and the new Glock 29 I got on Tuesday more than covered that. Turns out Monkey was sneaky and ordered some knives from an expert you all know. He ordered them thinking they covered his birthday present and mine.

IMG_8896_zps94d1plsp.jpg
FullSizeRender-5_zpseqf4gcj3.jpg

Pretty right? So I now know why he was gobsmacked when I brought home his 29. I also know why he told me it was too much and how can he top it. Personally, the knife is equal to or tops it because he put thought into this and kept it from me. Which is hard to do considering I am the one who usually handles the finances so it is hard for me to not notice. 

FullSizeRender-3_zpstunnlbbt.jpg

^^ Monkey's new knife above. Mine below!

FullSizeRender_zpsilur7nj2.jpg
These knives are absolutely beautiful! I find it funny how the older I get the more I want things that I would never have asked for 10 years ago. I gotta say, I love the wood and grain on Matt's but mine feels so good in my hand that I just know to ask for wood the next time we order knives. Which we will order again, these are too awesome to not start a collection.

FullSizeRender-2_zpshduflplj.jpg

Finally, a shot of my new Glock 29 with my awesome new knife too. I think our birthday presents this year were totally overboard when I look at them together but I gotta give him kudos for finally being able to surprise me! I just maybe should have held off on buying myself the 29. Or not.

Also, a huge thanks to GT for making such beautiful knives. It reminds me a lot of my uncle. He worked long shifts at his job but when he came home from work he would make knives, they were beautiful and I always wanted one but he kept every single one he made. This makes me think of him A LOT. I love it. So thank you for making something so awesome! I appreciate all the hard work you put into it!

Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 5

Wow! Awesome...Beautiful...Exotic...and a lot of other things.

I absolutely love those knives, and I agree that MR.MonkeyMan's grips are a tad bit nicer.

Congrats on the multiple gifts for both of you. 

• Like 1

Wow! Awesome...Beautiful...Exotic...and a lot of other things.

I absolutely love those knives, and I agree that MR.MonkeyMan's grips are a tad bit nicer.

Congrats on the multiple gifts for both of you. 

I am letting it slide because my 29 is a tad bit nicer than his 29!! Hahaha! I think this year is a multiple gift year because we both tried to surprise each other. Normally we communicate about EVERY purchase but he was able to sneak money and hide it and do this purchase without me knowing and same for me buying his new Glock. Sometimes lack of communication can be pretty awesome! LOL 

By chance do you have a single sister in her early 20's? My son could use a good girlfriend... :)

You're kind. I'm an only child! Thankfully. I don't know if it would be good to have two versions of me in the world! Besides, if you knew me 5 years ago to me today, you wouldn't believe it. I used to feel the exact opposite of how I do now about guns, knives, democrats! LOL My family in Michigan wonders what happened to the sweet little liberal they raised! Monkey has changed me, for the better. It's good to have a spouse/partner you can learn from. :-)
  • Like 4
  • Authorized Vendor

I'm glad you like them. Your pictures make them look sooo much better. newlaugh.gifMaking them knives was such a hush hush deal I wasn't going to post a picture until after you guys received them...now I don't have to. What a birthday you two had. :up:

• Like 2

I'm glad you like them. Your pictures make them look sooo much better. newlaugh.gifMaking them knives was such a hush hush deal I wasn't going to post a picture until after you guys received them...now I don't have to. What a birthday you two had. :up:

I don't like them. I love them. They're just perfect! You did an amazing job and I am so grateful! Never suspected a gift like this from him and the fact that he managed it was great. Thank you again for your time. You did great! Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 1