ar barrel ,which one

I am wanting to build a new upper ,plane to use a crosshill side charging upper.i think I want a 14.5 inch barrel with pinned break.may go with 16 inch,but my question is would a noveske barrel be worth extra money over say a northtech defense or rainer arms ultra match.thanks

Not very knowledgeable of the difference in barrel brands, but with the 14.5+pinned break vs. 16" debate, I say go 16".  Gives you a lot easier options if you ever want to switch what you have at the end of your gun.  The 1.5" difference is negligible. 

• Like 2

was kinda leaning toward rainer ,what you think about 14.5 over 16 inch barrel

I don't like pinned muzzle devices because I like to do my own work, and may want to change to a different flash hider or comp. So my wager would be for 16", unless you want to SBR. Then I'm all for short

lumberjack how is the accuracy with the mountain series from rainer

It will out shoot my abilities, but I haven't put it on a bench rest to shoot for groups.

I can generally get within 2MOA at a 100yds using an low magnification red dot with a 4 MOA dot. It's hard to be too accurate when the dot covers almost the whole target.
  • 1 month later...

would like a sbr but not the paperwork

Make it a pistol, with a good sling it is rather stable and if you make it ADA capable with a Sig Brace well, its very stable. That way you can put on whatever barrel size you want.
Noveske and Lilja make GREAT barrels, but if its not going to be an SPR/DMR or Competition gun there is no real NEED for one of those.

Ranier Arms, PSA and Anderson Mfg. Make really good barrels for the price; I have no problems with my SBR running a PSA.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk