I am in the process of ordering an M92 pistol to form 1 into an SBR. I am looking to use the ACE folding stock adapter and the traditional triangle stock. From what I've read/researched so far it seems this would be the least intensive way to add the stock to the back of the receiver. Basically just throwing my idea out there and seeing if there are other who have done this type of conversion that can pass along some wisdom/experience...thanks for your help...
The rear of the receiver is at an angle so you need s spacer to get the stock to look or feel right. Stormwerkz makes the angled spacers but they are perpetually sold out. I made my own then lucked into the Stormwerkz spacer.

I did the exact same thing but If I had to do over again I would probably spend the extra $600-$800 and buy an already built "Krinkov" from Arsenal. Only thing you need to do with theirs is hacksaw the barrel then put a crown on it. It also comes with the correct stock setup, better sights and the correct muzzle threads because they ARE real "krinkovs".

Also be aware the M92 has the worst sights ever put on a firearm. They look the part but shooting decent groups are almost impossible, even with a stock. I was able to fab up a rear ghost ring and it does help out a lot but it is still far from perfect.

Even though it is SBRd and looks perfect I rarely shoot it. I even talked about selling it but it wears my trust name which is a hard sell.

BTW, "Krinkov" is an American term and has never been used by the Russians or any other combloc country. The name the Russians did give it is "Sucha" which loosely means "little bitch".

And one more thing, be aware that when you convert the M92 "pistol" I to a "rifle" it MUST be 922r compliant. So you will need to replace a lot of the foreign parts with US made parts. The Arsenal is already 922r complaint and although it is more expensive there is no added expense of buying spacers or U.S. made parts.
So if I put an American made stock, folder adapter, and booster would that not make it 922r compliant?? This is a project gun so it is a learning process/experience builder for myself and my wife. I will probably end up running a red dot on it initially and could replace the sights on it down the road. I guess I am just throwing out ideas at this point...

So if I put an American made stock, folder adapter, and booster would that not make it 922r compliant?? This is a project gun so it is a learning process/experience builder for myself and my wife. I will probably end up running a red dot on it initially and could replace the sights on it down the road. I guess I am just throwing out ideas at this point...

No, it will take a lot more if you plan on using foreign magazines. The stock is the stock regardless if it has an American hinge or not. Basically these are the US made parts that are the easiest to replace to get the US part count high enough to use foreign magazines.

Muzzle device

Hammer

Trigger

Disconnect

Pistol grip

Stock

If you are only going to use US made magazines then you can eliminate three of those things on the list. You can also replace the forearm with US made and it will replace one of the items on the list above. 922r must be complied by everyone, not just manufacturers or importers. And because you are making a rifle that could not be imported it must meet 922r.

Here is what you can use to verify US parts counts.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

ALL M92s have a slanted receiver. It is a 6 degree slant which is plenty to screw up how the stock looks and feels. It is possible to run it without the shim but your stock will have a significant downward slant to it.

Better jump on it, they are in stock.

http://stormwerkz.com/accessories/yugo-m92m85-tapered-shim/

Might be another year before they have them in stock again. I waited close to a year before I could get one.

• Like 1
Ok, just ordered the shim. I planned to use an American made stock, booster, and I have a magpul AK grip I can migrate to this build....also was thinking about putting a Midwest Industries handguard on so that should satisfy the 922r compliance, correct?
Sorry for the confusion of my last post, I hadn't thoroughly read the info you linked before I responded. Thanks for your help. I think I will forego the hand guard replacement and just add the stock, grip, booster, and trigger parts. I can just update the hand guard at a later time....I will just shoot my magpul and us palm mags until to keep the parts count legal...

Thanks for bearing with my ignorance on this.  I just ordered the stock and adapter to mount.  Also have the shim you suggested ordered as well.  I just need to get the last 2-3 parts to get the 922r compliance in order, will get the G2 trigger you suggested.  I believe the M92 is double hook, but will wait till I get the PAP in from the distributor before I spend that money to be sure.  I know I may spend a little more or equal to an Arsenal in the long run, but just want the experience of converting one over to learn the ropes...

• 4 weeks later...

Got all my parts installed, waiting for my stamp sometime in August would be my guess. Will hopefully be able to take it out and dial in the red dot next weekend...

5ff82dd6433c0b10fd063efa260f250f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
You would most likely need the set...the polymer handguard uses the same system to attach as the wood handguards. The MI mounts to the barrel and itself with screws. I believe I paid around $140

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk