Whittlin' on my Glock

Caster

Been putting this off for too long. Hardest part is getting started. After you make that first cut with a sanding drum, it's pretty simple.
GenIII's have those crappy finger grooves and the trigger guard bites my knuckle hard. Enough of that.
Dremel took care of that. Broke out the wood burner and viola! Stippling looks like doodoo but so what? It's a Glock. Glock never made a nice looking gun and never will. Now she fits snug and comfortable with no pinch points. Who knows, maybe I can hit something now!

Here she is with her favorite load. My range AND carry load ....wait for it......a cast bullet.
image.jpg2_zpsfpjo8rkg.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsp5b2whod.jpg

I love how the company who did the nickle boron finish on the slide says its impervious to wear and corrosion. Does that look impervious to you? ...an hey, I scrubbed that puppy with a scotch brite and Remoil before the photo shoot.
Ohh well, an everyday carry gun will never be pristine when you work outside and get sweaty and greasy everyday. Back on my hip ole freind, we gotta get back to work, millions on welfare are depending on us.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 5

That frame job looks really nice. I've always hated the Glock frame, too.

Glock: Put ze fingers here.

Me: I don't want to put my fingers like that. It doesn't fit.

Glock: Put ze fingers here.

Me: Argh! ... (Picks up M&P shield...)

Next, you need to Cerakote the slide to match the gray in the grip. That would look really nice.

• Like 1

Yeah, I never bought a Glock just because of the dumb finger grooves -- only elf fingers can actually fit between them.

Finally did acquire a couple, just well, because. If I was gonna use one for a main weapon, would definitely remove them too, but will just leave them alone for now, might sell 'em off or something, we'll see.

Nice job there.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I actually like the frame job. I've found that a very light stipple helps me a lot. I do deeper stippling on my rifles since I typically wear gloves with them. You may have just given me a Memorial Day project :up;
Jgradyc,
If Nickel Boron looks like this, I doubt cerakote will fair better. I swear, my sweat and work/carry habits has nearly ruined three guns and working on the fourth. I carried a little Taurus for a while.....it was like deisel fuel in a styrofoam cup.
Funny, I did notice one thing. My Serpa has always had a wee bit of slop. Even with the adjustment screw as tight as I like it, just a little end play. Not any more! The frame width grew just enough to snug up. It was worth it just for that!
Well, at least it didn't get uglier. :)

I don't mind the finger grooves myself. What I don't like is that my trigger finger rubs the frame on top of my finger and the trigger guard on the bottom. The rifle term for it is "dragging wood" and its bad for accuracy.

OK...I'm the odd old guy again. I don't like stippling. Just on the basis of the looks alone. I know it has a purpose, and is very good at that purpose.

And Caster...you can and did make a Glock uglier. lol.

Seriously though, you did a good job on it. Well done on the lines. Not just a jumble of dips in the frame as most of them are.

And it blends nicely with the grip tape.

I dunno. There's a brochure in the factory box. ..........now, where did I put the box.
I remember calling them though when I first noticed some discoloration.

I hope it wasn't Robar. I've been wanting to have mine done by those guys eventually. Their work looks outstanding. 

Edited by Erik88