CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol Project

Well I finally found one at a decent price. a Cz EVO!!!! I E-file a Form 1 two days ago. Found some thread adapters. HK 3 lug and a 3 lug adapter for it needless to say I'm pretty stoked! 

Before my adapters came in. 

7239ebec-cb7e-4532-97b0-17f4990a7c27.jpg

18x1 to 1/2x28 then a 1/2x28 to HK 3 Lug

0DD549E9-D457-444E-A93B-56680A83CFDA.jpg

Octane 9 3 lug came too!!

A0A2E8DA-25D1-4F56-98D5-C6C410BBACD3.jpg

0F46E55B-4E64-4DF9-A4F3-65FD41D6FA36.jpg

Assembled. I have yet to shoot it with the suppressor attached. 

D3E60B54-80A2-4781-8871-1447794FBB74.jpg

So the HK 3 lug fits the Scorpion barrel threads?

Actually any information you can give on this issue would be appreciated. I haven't gotten past the thinking stage on a suppressor yet.

No I had to buy a thread adapter from the scorpion threads 18x1 to 1/2x28 here

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=484668611

Then i bought a 1/2x28 to HK 3 lug here.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-3-Lug-Adapter-1-2-X-28-5p106.htm

So it's 2 adapters stacked with Rock Set to keep them from walking off.  

Now, TROS is supposedly making a one piece thread adapter that will go from 18x1 to HK 3 lug but his wait time is probably close to 2 months and this works fine and doesn't add un-necessary length. I just have to figure out how i'm going to paint of blue the stainless steel thread adapter. 

Edited by jmevis

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do...yet. But I like the idea of a can at least.

The OEM folding stock doesn't quite thrill me, but I'll wait until I see one before buying.

While I completely understand the allure of SBR'ing one of these, given current TN law, I think when I get one, I'll keep it as a pistol with the brace adapter and a CAA cheek weld saddle on it.  Gives me more versatility where I can take it out and about on trip.  That said, SBR'ing this thing would be something I'm open to down the road as it would make shooting a lot more fun.  Like hipower, the CZ folding stock doesn't blow my skirt up.  I think it actually looks okay with an AR collapsible stock, though some would call me a heretic.

I'm also glad the adapters for suppressors are coming along.  The CZ Scorpion thread on AR15.com has some good pics of them.  I think this gun with its versatility is going to be around for a while.

Guest mechanically

While I completely understand the allure of SBR'ing one of these, given current TN law, I think when I get one, I'll keep it as a pistol with the brace adapter and a CAA cheek weld saddle on it.  Gives me more versatility where I can take it out and about

That's how I have mine set up. Works a treat.

I was able to shoot it on memorial day. Very little only about 50 rounds suppressed. So that's about a total of 200 through the gun(all of the rounds were steel cased Tulammo).
I've had zero malfunctions. The stacked thread adapters work great! no baffle or end cap strikes even when I shot a whole mag as fast as I could. I haven't done an accuracy test yet. There is a surefire X400 showing up for this today and ill run out to the range this week to sight in the laser and see what kind of group I can get. I do have to say the trigger is horrible, and the ambi safety digs in to your finger when shooting. There is a $12 end cap you can buy to replace the right side safety, but I'm going to try and modify the existing first. 

I'll post pics as things progress. 

Nice! The only thing that stopped me from keeping mine to SBR was the 922r complainant issue .... I know CZ will come out with a kit to remedy the problem

I'll probably get another once I see how it all plays out cost wise

That brings a question to mind.

Nice! The only thing that stopped me from keeping mine to SBR was the 922r complainant issue .... I know CZ will come out with a kit to remedy the problem

I'll probably get another once I see how it all plays out cost wise

That brings a question to my mind. I was under the impression that the 922r regs applied to building, as in from a parts kit.

And that only the tax stamp was necessary for the addition of a stock. Is that the case?

That brings a question to mind.

That brings a question to my mind. I was under the impression that the 922r regs applied to building, as in from a parts kit.

And that only the tax stamp was necessary for the addition of a stock. Is that the case?

A form 1 implies that you are building a SBR, not one that came from the factory. That's the whole reason they have to be engraved with the trust information be cause the trust is building the SBR. The ATF has stated that 922r compliance does apply to the EVO when you SBR it. 922r does not apply to pistols. Which is how CZ is getting away with finally bringing the EVO in to the USA by importing it as a pistol only. 

Went to sight in the new X400 yesterday. Was able to get some decent groups at 25 yards suppressed resting the forend on a backpack. So far the stacked thread adapters are working great no baffle or end cap strikes. 

6431df3c-ebca-4014-b0c1-fc22894162be.jpg

E3636D96-1CD5-4B74-811F-5F33ECFCDC21.jpg

DFFB1134-C478-48BA-B05F-0FA96CEAC8D7.jpg

I could have probabbly done better. But i pulled a few within the 3 shot groups. Not to bad for steel cased tullammo. 

5c0079a1-5cfc-449e-8584-82aaccaa7c1a.jpg

After the range trip I was cleaning a few things, got up to put the CLPs away and he took my seat on the floor. I had to snap a picture. 

33747565-3935-4B6E-AF19-FD9E8607D935.jpg

A form 1 implies that you are building a SBR, not one that came from the factory. That's the whole reason they have to be engraved with the trust information be cause the trust is building the SBR. The ATF has stated that 922r compliance does apply to the EVO when you SBR it. 922r does not apply to pistols. Which is how CZ is getting away with finally bringing the EVO in to the USA by importing it as a pistol only. 

Seems contradictory, but that is like many BATFE statements.

Scorpion Evo is a pistol.

922r does not apply to pistols.

But Scorpion Evo is excepted from that statement and does require 922r compliance. BS

What about other pistols of this nature? The Sig MPX comes to mind. Will that rationale be applied here as well?

Seems contradictory, but that is like many BATFE statements.

Scorpion Evo is a pistol.

922r does not apply to pistols.

But Scorpion Evo is excepted from that statement and does require 922r compliance. BS

What about other pistols of this nature? The Sig MPX comes to mind. Will that rationale be applied here as well?

922r does not apply to pistols, only to rifles. 

Cz can import pistols without 922r compliance issues. But once I SBR it, I am making it a rifle therefore 922r applies.

922r only applies to imported guns, the Sig MPX is American made, so 922r is a non issue. 

922r does not apply to pistols, only to rifles. 

Cz can import pistols without 922r compliance issues. But once I SBR it, I am making it a rifle therefore 922r applies.

922r only applies to imported guns, the Sig MPX is American made, so 922r is a non issue. 

Well, I guess that does make sense. Barely. lol

So, at this point, The Sig is looking like the better of the two.

Well, I guess that does make sense. Barely. lol

So, at this point, The Sig is looking like the better of the two.

I agree the Sig is an attractive option. But they lowest I've seen is $1300 vs $750 for the CZ. Mags for Sig are $60, Cz Mags are $20 and the CZ is a proven design. 

Edited by jmevis

Yes, I agree with the $$ end of things. But after fondling one at Greenbriar G&L yesterday...it sure does make an impression.

Not enough to change now, but very impressive. Almost sorry I didn't find an MPX first. 

Yes, I agree with the $$ end of things. But after fondling one at Greenbriar G&L yesterday...it sure does make an impression.

Not enough to change now, but very impressive. Almost sorry I didn't find an MPX first. 

I've yet to handle one my self. I would like too however.

I've yet to handle one my self. I would like too however.

Personally, I feel it holds a little better than the Evo. But with wrist brace or stocked, that will change the feel of both.

As I said, it's at Guns and Leather in Greenbriar. Or at least was yesterday. 

I think the only knock I can hold against the Scorpion is the grip.  I'm hoping some aftermarket parts for a new one come out a replacement more like a Magpul grip or the one the SIG MPX has are available. 

• 2 weeks later...