My buddy and I drove to Alpharetta, GA to see Rush on their 40th anniversary tour, and although they haven't outright said it, probably their last tour of this magnitude.

It was like a religious experience. Those guys are still at the top of their game and put on a GREAT show. I saw them last year too, but this show was great because of how much of their back catalogue they played.

Also, the Verizon Ampitheater was really nice. Lines to the bathroom were quick and plenty of places with ease of access to purchase adult beverages.

Any Rush fans on here?
  • Like 3

Not really a fan, but ecstatic you got to see them. And don't give up hope.

A few years ago I had the joy of seeing Jorma Kaukonen. It wasn't Airplane but a joy to see nonetheless.

My point being, musicians need an audience, so don't write them off just yet.

Edited by Raoul
  • Like 1

Wow, I saw them on their 30th anniversary tour. It was awesome.

Something like 5 hours of unadultrated Rush. No opening act, no intermission, just Rush. They played just about anything you wanted to hear. It was the same time they had just released their cover album, so that was their encore.

Rush is one of the greatest acts out there, and they have been at it a long time.

• Like 3

I was there last night as well thanks to a good friend of mine with a nasty habit of buying to many concert tickets. :up: Second time I've seen them and it was an absolute blast both times. I'm really glad the weather held last night, but we were ready to flip our tarp over our heads worse come to worse, the glory of lawn seating lol. Right when they came on the clouds directly above the amphitheater seemed to get sucked down towards it, was really cool to watch. There was a rough looking dude in overalls, a huck finn hat and swimming goggles posted up fairly close to us, he was a hoot to watch too ,almost as much so as the show. :lol:

Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 1

I was there last night as well thanks to a good friend of mine with a nasty habit of buying to many concert tickets. :up: Second time I've seen them and it was an absolute blast both times. I'm really glad the weather held last night, but we were ready to flip our tarp over our heads worse come to worse, the glory of lawn seating lol. Right when they came on the clouds directly above the amphitheater seemed to get sucked down towards it, was really cool to watch. There was a rough looking dude in overalls, a huck finn hat and swimming goggles posted up fairly close to us, he was a hoot to watch too ,almost as much so as the show. :lol:

I was in the lawn standing near that Huck Finn dude in overalls too! Hahaha!

I was amazed the rain held off. Edited by suspiciousmind
  • Like 1

YYZ!!! Neil Peart stands alone! Best. Drummer. EVAH!

Sorry, but Bonham is, was, and always will be THE man when it comes to drummers. The only modern drummer that I think comes close is Danny Carey of Tool.

Of course there's also Stanton Moore of Galactic. He's pretty phenomenal.

And Keith Carlock. Oh yea, that dude can shred.

Yea, Neil can shred, but he ain't in the top five in my not even close to humble opinion. ;)

Sorry, but Bonham is, was, and always will be THE man when it comes to drummers. The only modern drummer that I think comes close is Danny Carey of Tool.

Yea, Neil can shred, but he ain't in the top five in my not even close to humble opinion. ;)

You obviously never saw Keith Moon.

There would be no Danny Carey without Neil Peart. He was a huge influence on Danny's playing.

I'm a big fan. In fact, my screen name is taken from one of their song titles. I've seen them a couple of times, and they really put on one heck of a show.

I tend to like their older stuff. Through the years they refined their style, and it got more synthesized. I like the edgier sound of their earlier stuff. 

Plus, Geddy just can't hit those high notes anymore  :)