Had some work done on the J-frame

Mike A

Had some work done on the J-frame.  What do yall think?

want-vs-need-35-photos-9.jpg?w=600&h=538

What the hell did that poor gun do to you to do that to it.

Washing my eye out with soap to try and forgot that image.

Thanks

Robert

Edited by rmiddle
  • Like 1

Needs more cowbell.

Sorta lost some of the fear factor it used to have. Of course you could have painted it pink..

To me, pink guns look more like "Malibu Barbie' accessories than serious self defense tools.  Of course, as the owner of my favorite LGS has said to me on a couple of different occasions, "Nobody wants to be shot with a pink gun."

I can see the point behind that statement, too.  I mean, can you imagine the kind of hit a gangbanger's 'street cred' would take if his fellow gangbangers found out that he had been put out of commission with a pink .32 with faux pink pearl grips?  Even better if he took a round to the nads.

Edited by JAB

My main concern would be the ammo.  Looks like the bullets are coated in jewels - maybe diamonds or diamond chips.  With diamonds being so hard I doubt that the bullets would be able to engage the rifling very well so it would be inaccurate as all get out.  It also looks like the little revolver is plated in gold.  I have to wonder if the inside of the barrel is gold plated.  Gold being very soft and diamonds being hard, I can't see that as a good match.  Even if the inside of the barrel is not gold plated I have to imagine that the diamonds would wear out the rifling very quickly.  Then you'd have a smooth-bored j-frame and the ATF wouldn't like that, at all.  Given all that, one might almost go so far as to say that the pictured revolver is not very practical.   :pleased:

Of course, that revolver would likely be right at home in any pawn shop in my area.  After all, based on the prices they ask for the guns they have for sale, they seem to think that all of their firearms are plated in gold and crusted in diamonds. 

Edited by JAB