Distributor Price Gouging...Lew Horton SUX THE BIG ONE!

BimmerFreak

With all the hype and fear out there, many shops have been driving the prices of EBRs and related gear through the roof.

Many of you know that we havent raised our prices at all, except for the rare exception when a manufacturer has raised their prices to us.

*Spikes raised prices 20.00 per lower, which we passed 15.00 on to our customers.

We have a great inventory of EBRs, and have a bunch of things in the works to stay ahead of the surge, but today I got a call which made my blood boil.

Lew Horton http://www.lewhorton.com/ called this morning offering Bushmaster M4 and Colt LE6920 M4 rifles at over 350.00 per unit higher than they were last Friday!

*We use LH for some of their limited edition Smith and Colt handguns, and dont use them for normal stock because of their higher prices.

I told our rep that those prices were out of control, and asked if those price increases were from Colt/BM or if they were internally triggered increases.

His reply, "those are from us....hey man, everyone is cashing in...."

Well, I told him that it his prices didnt match up with shops like mine that werent out there jacking the end user, and that until they lowered their prices, not to call me!

Anyway, I just need to vent....

/rant.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Entry:

in·teg·ri·ty

Pronunciation:

\in-ˈte-grə-tē\

1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility

2 : an unimpaired condition : soundness

3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness

synonyms see honesty

Now lets see an example of it used in a sentence:

Joe is a man of integrity.

Main Entry:

in·teg·ri·ty

Pronunciation:

\in-ˈte-grə-tē\

1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility

synonyms see honesty

+10

I'm glad to see not EVERYONE is trying to "cash in"...

Oh man, I absolutely despise Lew Horton. Not only because of things like this (they've done this before, especially on Colt's), but my rep with them is shady. He's sent me things that I didnt order because "He thought I'd need them.", and the extras were random junk we dont want or need, also overpriced.

The only thing going for them are their S&W exclusives which I have NO idea why Smith has such a deal with them, but even then I try to discourage people from buying them due to their business practices. Maybe S&W needs to know what a winner they've picked out to be there super duper special addition carrier.

Guest Navydave70
Main Entry:

in·teg·ri·ty

Pronunciation:

\in-ˈte-grə-tē\

synonyms see honesty

+1 Joe

I need to drive up to see you about an EBR :)

Guest FNandGlock

He should be fired for saying everyone is cashing in thats un professional if ever I heard. It will check up to him when his sales numbers come in next year for doing crap like that. If one of my reps ever said something like that he would be gone.

Guest Bronker

This is just the latest entry in the long list of reasons why I have, and will, continue to do business with Joe and Hero-Gear.

Kick their teeth in! Thanks for being forthright with this info, as I want to know who the snakes are.

+1 for Joe having class and brass

Get ready for more. I heard that S&W was going up 5% on M&P pistols.......

They took that much last year in Jan as well, along with the rest of the industry.

I understand an increased COGS driven by raw material, labor, and general overhead cost increases.

What I CAN'T understand is how a manufacturer, distributor, or dealer can be so short sighted as to think that they can rape people today, and expect them to be loyal customers in the future.

They took that much last year in Jan as well, along with the rest of the industry.

I understand an increased COGS driven by raw material, labor, and general overhead cost increases.

What I CAN'T understand is how a manufacturer, distributor, or dealer can be so short sighted as to think that they can rape people today, and expect them to be loyal customers in the future.

The S&W increase was provided to me as an increase in response to the new(er) demand. I don't know exactly when it's going to go into effect, but from the conversation I expect it will be as soon as the pistols/rifles are again available and being shipped.

I can't understand it either. I can tell you one thing though, we've cut down our list of "trusted sources" for items drastically.

I don't own a Smith and Wesson. while they're reliable, the whole "smart gun" thing where they attempted to mollify the stupid demands of a liberal government bent on taking our firearms, just left me mad. they lost me then...and there will probably be others that I won't buy from in the future too.

With all the hype and fear out there, many shops have been driving the prices of EBRs and related gear through the roof.

Many of you know that we havent raised our prices at all, except for the rare exception when a manufacturer has raised their prices to us.

*Spikes raised prices 20.00 per lower, which we passed 15.00 on to our customers.

We have a great inventory of EBRs, and have a bunch of things in the works to stay ahead of the surge, but today I got a call which made my blood boil.

Lew Horton http://www.lewhorton.com/ called this morning offering Bushmaster M4 and Colt LE6920 M4 rifles at over 350.00 per unit higher than they were last Friday!

*We use LH for some of their limited edition Smith and Colt handguns, and dont use them for normal stock because of their higher prices.

I told our rep that those prices were out of control, and asked if those price increases were from Colt/BM or if they were internally triggered increases.

His reply, "those are from us....hey man, everyone is cashing in...."

Well, I told him that it his prices didnt match up with shops like mine that werent out there jacking the end user, and that until they lowered their prices, not to call me!

Anyway, I just need to vent....

/rant.

+1 :up:

...and that, sir is why you'll have my business...One day, if I can ever get to Winchester to spend some cold hard cash in your shop.

Fellow member, Creeky, and I are trying to plan a journey to shop you one weekend to purchase a lower or 2.

God Bless you.:usa:

Wow, I just went to the lewhorton.com link, and do you see what their posting on their front page?!

NOW IS THE TIME...

to get your U.S. Firearms at ROCK BOTTOM Prices!

Have your dealer call today for pricing and availability.

WOW. Scumbags.