Newest Toy

Smith

Well, I got it over the weekend and just now had a chance to shoot it today. My only comparison was the P11 I used to have and sold, because I just couldn't get used to the trigger. Well, let's just say they are night and day.

The PF9 was a pleasure to shoot. Recoil was very manageable, almost like shooting a larger framed heavier gun and the trigger, although still long, was very consistent and the break was crisp.

The P11 used to hurt my hand after a about 2 mags. The PF9 I ran 250 rnds through with no discomfort at all. My only problem was having to stop to load mags. It was a joy to shoot.

Now to the range part. It took a minute to get used to the trigger (My main gun is an XD9 service with a custom trigger job! Very nice!), but once I got over the hump, I was able to keep my shot placement at about 4 in @ 15 yrds! I had the occasional flyer on first shots, but that was it. Follow ups were very fast considering the guns size and the sights were very manageable. I must also note that I did not have a single FTF, or FTE using CCI Blazer 115g FMJ, Sellier & Belliot 115g FMJ, or my PF9 carry ammo Federal HST 124g!

All in all I am very pleased I traded a Hi-Power for this little gem. I was concerned after my P11 experience (i like them a lot, just couldn't get me to work with the gun) how the PF9 would fair. It more than met my expectations and now will take on a lot of daily carry duty, along side my XD9.

Now all i have to do is send it to Mr. Fusilier for the two tone look! :D

Edited by Smith
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a good, compact, concealable gun you've got there. Looks to be about the same size as the Kahr PM9.

Not only is it slimmer, but the Kel-tec is significantly lighter. I handled the Kahr before the KT and there is a noticeable difference.