What are our kids taught today???

My wife and I went on a trip to Savannah Georgia this week. We were looking at a World War Two monument there when a little girl and her mother walked up. The little girl looked up and read curiously...."World War Eleven." :ugh: What really bothered me is that her mother heard this and never corrected here. I don't suspect she knew any better either. This country is in trouble folks.

• Like 6

Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary.
We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others. But, upon reflection, we would like to point
out that it was not the senior citizens who took

The melody out of music,

The pride out of appearance,

The romance out of love,

The commitment out of marriage,

The responsibility out of parenthood,

The togetherness out of the family,

The learning out of education,

The service out of patriotism,

The religion out of school,

The Golden Rule from rulers,

The nativity scene out of cities,

The civility out of behavior,

The refinement out of language,

The dedication out of employment,

The prudence out of spending, or

The ambition out of achievement,

And we certainly are not the ones who eliminated patience and
tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!

Does anyone under the age of 50 know the lyrics to the Star
Spangled Banner?

Just look at those Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in
their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their
hearts!

And, unless many of our younger generation learn to count in the absence
of computers and calculators, they will be back to counting on fingers
and toes.

Remember.......Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what in the world happened.

• Like 14

My wife and I went on a trip to Savannah Georgia this week. We were looking at a World War Two monument there when a little girl and her mother walked up. The little girl looked up and read curiously...."World War Eleven." :ugh: What really bothered me is that her mother heard this and never corrected here. I don't suspect she knew any better either. This country is in trouble folks.

How old was this child?  I don't think Roman numerals are introduced until 3rd or 4th grade, and I wouldn't be surprised that a child wouldn't immediately recognize that's what they are.

• Like 2

How old was this child?  I don't think Roman numerals are introduced until 3rd or 4th grade, and I wouldn't be surprised that a child wouldn't immediately recognize that's what they are.

Old enough to know better. Perhaps 10-12. Let's say that was the case......how do you explain the mother?

• Like 1

Old enough to know better. Perhaps 10-12. Let's say that was the case......how do you explain the mother?

Busy reading and generally tuned out to what her daughter was saying.  Too apathetic to bother correcting her. 

Granted, I'd expect a 12 year old to know what WWII means, but I'd also expect TGO folk's children have far greater exposure to such things than the norm. 

Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary.
We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others. But, upon reflection, we would like to point

The melody out of music,

The romance out of love,

Spangled Banner?

hearts!

and toes.

Just to stir the pot...

Who would it be that DIDN'T pass these things on to their children, and their children's children?

Not trying to stand on a soapbox or anything, just trying to off a view without blinders on.

If a child is raised wrong, is it the school's fault, or the parent's? Each generation laments about the loss of respect and decency in the world, yet at the end of the day, it is ourselves who are to blame. It is our generation that failed to properly prepare the generation we begat. Not the school, not the government, not the television, us, the parents.

Myself? I know that my daughter isn't being raised the way I was. My senior citizen parent was a junkie who was self obsessed. My daughter is being raised by two loving parents that are concerned with her well being and future.

Just some thoughts to mull over there. ;)

• Like 5

It's the sacrifice made by the soldier that allows the people of this nation that bubble of freedom that they so easily take for granted. Men willing to fight won us this country, helped us sort our differences and kept us safe from tyrants abroad.

But not everyone has forgotten.  :usa:

Just to stir the pot...

Who would it be that DIDN'T pass these things on to their children, and their children's children?

Not trying to stand on a soapbox or anything, just trying to off a view without blinders on.

If a child is raised wrong, is it the school's fault, or the parent's? Each generation laments about the loss of respect and decency in the world, yet at the end of the day, it is ourselves who are to blame. It is our generation that failed to properly prepare the generation we begat. Not the school, not the government, not the television, us, the parents.

Myself? I know that my daughter isn't being raised the way I was. My senior citizen parent was a junkie who was self obsessed. My daughter is being raised by two loving parents that are concerned with her well being and future.

Just some thoughts to mull

All my famiy are raised christains.....and we will abide untill we die...Amen

Kids are stupid these days no doubt about it.
Had a kid come in the shop on his donut spare. You know they're dished inward quite a bit and he had it on inside out. I asked him what the heck?? And he said he thought it looked cooler that way.

The melody out of music,

The romance out of love,

Spangled Banner?

hearts!

and toes.

If I could like this 1000  times I would. That is some of the truest statements I have read in years. And Yes even though I am in my living room by myself, when I am getting ready to watch any sporting event that has the Pledge of Allegiance or Star Spangled Banner I stand and Salute until it is finished since I am a veteran and still love and respect my country with all my heart........ :usa:

• Like 1

If I could like this 1000  times I would. That is some of the truest statements I have read in years. And Yes even though I am in my living room by myself, when I am getting ready to watch any sporting event that has the Pledge of Allegiance or Star Spangled Banner I stand and Salute until it is finished since I am a veteran and still love and respect my country with all my heart........ :usa:

Guy we kind of get better with age at 80 I see things a lot differant then most.   People today are into their self,.... selfish and greedy.  The machine is taking over their mind,  no feelings of any kind to their fellow man.  It's all about me.  When you lose touch with history,  and the schools wont teach how our country got where it once was .....were done.   I ask my grand daughter if she knew about what happened at Auschwitz.......she laughted and thought it was a disease.

• Like 1