New Tennessee gun law passes

I find open carry kind of humorous. Most guys and it is mostly guys, who I see open carry look to me like they should also be carrying a sign that says, "Shoot me first, then take my gun." I might be rudely mistaken but most open carry guys I run across appear to be posers.

I find it funny too. I know a friend of a friend that insists in open carry. He don't just let it be. He is always resting his arm on it and when he is leaning against something he let's his gun hip stick out so people can see it and so on. He is one of them that thinks he is bad ass because he can carry a gun. A newbie I suspect. He don't realize that probably 1 out of 5 people around him are carrying too but everyone let's him think he is special.

See the problem is the "training" did not start out the way it is now. Now the trainers are more interested in getting done, and collecting their cash, than actually training. They fudge the time requirements and what is supposed to be taught.

internet etiquette ?

Is there such a thing?

Yes there is and the vast majority of the members here on TGO understand what it is and abide by it. That is why TGO is such a great board, especially so considering we are a male dominated board. Yes we have disagreements and even argue but in the end we understand it is nothing personal. On other boards, where the population is predominantly male, there are constant testosterone filled arguments.

See the problem is the "training" did not start out the way it is now. Now the trainers are more interested in getting done, and collecting their cash, than actually training. They fudge the time requirements and what is supposed to be taught.

Yes there is and the vast majority of the members here on TGO understand what it is and abide by it. That is why TGO is such a great board, especially so considering we are a male dominated board. Yes we have disagreements and even argue but in the end we understand it is nothing personal. On other boards, where the population is predominantly male, there are constant testosterone filled arguments.

Yes, on certain forums but, the internet as a whole there's not by far. That's why I never tweet and only use Facebook to like baby pictures. Reading comments from the general public on Twitter, Youtube and other forums makes you realize how many sorry a$$ pathetic, attention addicts there are out there that will say anything, nothings off limits. There is no etiquette on the internet as a whole.

• Like 1

Well, I certainly learned something in training class:  It costs in the neighborhood of $200 to get your 2A right activated in Tennessee.

Well I learned something on the firing range this one student taught the whole class, ABSOLUTLY DO NOT, touch the cylinder of a revolver to your side and fire it because it will burn a big hole in your t-shirt and burn the crap out of your skin, YEEEEOOOUUUCCHH. I would have told the guy not to do that if I had seen what he was about to do. I was also a little worried about students putting their left hand out in front of them, practicing pushing someone away and firing with their right, or putting their hand in front of the muzzle and firing. Luckly no one shot a hole in their hand.

I agree, but then how are they going to get their $10.

Well, if the exemption passed then TICS should be doing that many fewer background checks, so it should be a wash.

Unless of course, the actual cost to the state is less than $10 per check... in which case I want to see the TBI before the legislature to defend why it costs $10. 

The background check fee is NOT supposed to be a revenue generator for the state.  They didn't pass a $10 state excise tax on firearms, they passed a mechanism to satisfy BATFE background check requirements.  If TICS is a "money maker" for the state (and I'm pretty sure it is).... than the people that oversee it need to be held accountable.  

Believe it or not but we get people who register then send the staff messages that get them banned. Then there are the ones who get banned then reregister only to get banned again before they can post anything.

The names they register under also can determine whether they stay. Or if it is obvious they have an agenda they get a real hard look too.

I got banned once from a gun forum before I posted, my screen name was,

"FoulMouthCommieTrollWhoGetsOffOnStartingCrap"   :)

JK.

Edited by K191145
That's a terrible thing, I hope I dont get it and I've done hundreds of 300blk, sure hope it aint contagious or there might be alot of 300blk users running around with vagina, I wounder if a penicillin shot helps.

Believe it or not but we get people who register then send the staff messages that get them banned. Then there are the ones who get banned then reregister only to get banned again before they can post anything.

The names they register under also can determine whether they stay. Or if it is obvious they have an agenda they get a real hard look too.

So a screen name like "Gays4Guns" or "MosinTotinMuslim" might raise an eyebrow? :D

So I have to come out and say " I'm proud to live in tennessee" a bunch of new laws passed for gun rights. One you can carry in a park now which I'm neutral on that one but the one I did find appealing was you can now get a lifetime carrying permit which goes into effect July 1st. [b]There is one that I am glad got turned down and that was you had the right to open carry without a permit....my reason behind that is I think you should have to go to the class so you know what you can and can not do and how to handle a situation. If the law did pass there would be so many lawsuits in court it would be unreal.[/b]

I love when people like you out yourself so early in your stay. It makes it so much easier to ignore every single word out of your mouth after saying something like this. Thanks again!

That's a terrible thing, I hope I dont get it and I've done hundreds of 300blk, sure hope it aint contagious or there might be alot of 300blk users running around with vagina, I wounder if a penicillin shot helps.

That would explain a lot of Arfcom...
  • Like 2

Looks like Shannon Watts got banned yet again... next time she tries to rejoin, she's gonna have to come up with something a little more original than "machinist91"... so predictable. :whistle:

That makes 2 names I didn't recognize tonight. Who is Shannon Watts and what is the back story?

Sent from the backwoods

That would explain a lot of Arfcom...

That's because they got sand in there during their beach tactical rifle course.