Walmart strikes again, this time more serious

I have wrote corporate once when I had an associate tell me she needed to carry something to the register so I would not steal it. All the rest were to local guys. Had one call me an idiot because SHE could not find something I called ahead to make sure it was in stock. Had a manager threated to refuse a sale of a firearm because my wife asked him why we waited 45 minutes to pay for a gun. Had another tire a lube guy put the wrong oil in then when we went to get it corrected they wanted us to wait until all other oil changes were done, estimated wait time 3+ hours. I called the district manager over the oil change issue. All the rest I have complained to the store manager who promises me the world yet the same lady who implied we were thieves is still treating customers like crap and the lady who called me an idiot was moved to another department. Then there is the sporting goods manager who is a worthless pile of crap and not because of his gun views but because of the other stuff he spews from his soup cooler. 

I have spoke to the store manager probably 5 times in the last two years about stuff. He tells me next time I am in the store come see him. I try and he either says he is too busy or just ignores me as I try to talk to him.

Funny thing is this is the ONLY store like this. Every other Walmart I have been to has people who appreciate they have a job and at least act like they they care. This store you walk in, shop, ask for help, check out and never get a single response from anyone. I ask were something is and they point generally. I now tell them to show me because I have no clue what they are pointing at from across the store. And when they show me they get close enough to point again and never say a single word.

Honestly this is probably the final straw.

It will get fixed either by Walmart or by our insurance. The damage isn't just some scratches on our Escalade but the guy broke the lift mechanism as well as seriously bent the rear door, hinges or body where the hinges attach. There are cameras everywhere so I am sure it will show he did not "easily close it" like he told a different store manager. He also told the store manager he did not know the rear door had a button to lower it. And she, the store manager, pretty much implied it would be taken care of based on his statements alone. She said she will put in her report everything he said as well the obviously screwed up rear door.

Even the dealerships will pull shenanigans over on people and the shops make out big time on it, I have been working part time lately for a parts store here in town and have been able to speak with some of the owners about certain repairs needing to be done on my own vehicle, even have been a mechanic for over 20 years, but it was as a diesel truck and not car and pickups. My new to us as well Toyota was needing an injector service and was not certain if the had to be done with a machine, so I spoke with the owner of one of the independent shops and he informed me that the dealerships will charge an hour of time $95.00 in most cases when all they really do is pour in a bottle of injector cleaner that might cost 10.00 at the most. So the bottom line is ya never really know what your going to get unless you d it yourself! Or watch it as it is being done.

Honestly Dolo, I don't see how you can stand to walk in the door of that place. Sounds like they've screwed you over way more times than anyone would be able to tolerate.

Either you have the patience of a saint and a far more forgiving nature than me or you're a borderline masochist (just teasing about this latter).

Kick them bastards to the curb and take your hard-earned money elsewhere. I bet you'll sleep better.

• Like 1

Doesnt matter what he says or does.. its on tape..

The  rest of the complains are just that .. complains of people who are either idiots or just do not care how they treat people And we just about had enough of them.. 

We are not suing them, we simply want it fixed..I certainly did not do it , neither did my husband.

If they balk at it,so be it,I still have other avenues to pursue this. 

I never had a problem with our dealer  where we take all our vehicles  to it. 

Honestly Dolo, I don't see how you can stand to walk in the door of that place. Sounds like they've screwed you over way more times than anyone would be able to tolerate.

Either you have the patience of a saint and a far more forgiving nature than me or you're a borderline masochist (just teasing about this latter).

Kick them bastards to the curb and take your hard-earned money elsewhere. I bet you'll sleep better.

Yeah.. we are done there.. no more of that..:)  

We are luckily getting a Food city here in our town.. until its finished we are going to go either Target or anywhere else..

• Like 4

I am a tolerant person, or try to be, as well as try to give people a chance or the benefit of the doubt. I also tend to take people's word at face value. But this will be the straw that will make me never step foot in that place again. And even though I will never step foot in there again I will continue to spread the word about Nick, Stacy, Linda and the others who have no business interacting with any other living thing.

I will say that the manager that handled the car issue was great. I apologized as soon as I seen her for being short with her on the phone and after that things were great. I would gladly have her as a manager over Stacy. Matter of fact when I talk to the district manager tomorrow I will make that fact known.

• Like 3
Wally World has its place, we use it for cheep stuff that is only made in china and basic food stuff. We try to get everything else from local places. We stopped using the lowes because of bad customer service and now we love our local Ace hardware. Same for our auto mechanic. It's less convenient but we get much better service. When we go to any big box store we just expect zero customer service.

Had a battery replaced at Walmart in Dickson a few years ago, when I went to get my truck it was going in circles in the automotive parking lot. The idiot driving it was popping the clutch, slamming on the brakes and stalled it out 2 times before I ran out to my truck and told the idiot to get out of it. He said, that the automotive manager told him to practice driving sticks so he could learn. NOT IN MY DAMN TRUCK YOU'RE NOT. I really had to fight off the urge to get violent and told them at the desk, don't let your idiots burn other peoples clutches up.

That's lawsuit material right there. 

I had a shop bust the fiberglass fairing on a Trans Am while putting it on a lift  several years ago. My insurance paid to have it repaired then sued the shop for their money back. The insurance company collected from them and returned my deductable to me.

I had a shop bust the fiberglass fairing on a Trans Am while putting it on a lift  several years ago. My insurance paid to have it repaired then sued the shop for their money back. The insurance company collected from them and returned my deductable to me.

That  might be the  way to go with us then

It's always easier to use your own insurance, and have them file back against the other party. Sure it may tie up your deductible for a few months but its worth it not dealing with the heart burn.

• Like 1

I'm sure not all walmarts have the same service problems as what Dolo has encountered. But I wouldn't trust my vehicle or any vehicle with the people at the tire and lube department. It does make me wonder if someone has a problem with any one store, regardless if it's walmart or another big chain, That they keep going back to the same store, doing the same stuff and expecting different results.

Dolo, IMHO it sounds like the walmart you have all these problems at needs to restructure its employees and start from scratch. Maybe they should just shut down and implode. Who knows.

Store number would be appreciated to know so i will make sure whenever i'm in the Knoxville area to avoid that one.

I worked for walmart back in 2013. Just Manchester's walmart until i found a closer to home job. I unloaded trucks and did hear about some instances where the TLE (Tire, Lube Express) employees had forgotten the drain plugs on cars they had changed oil in, had removed a car door to access a tire( ????) and had just dont some pretty stupid things to make any person with common sense wonder how they got hired in the first place. But remember, it is however walmart. And it isnt just some employees that you wonder about,but the higher ups that make you wonder the same thing.

The manager submitted the report stating the employee did not do the damage. Said he closed it manually but did not damage the vehicle. Problem is the door is not designed to be pulled close manually. It was driven in and he used the automatic opener to open the rear door. After he was done he pulled down on the door to close it causing the damage.

They are now saying that the person, me, who inspected the cracked wheel damaged it. Problem is AFTER that is when the employee opened the door automatically then pulled the rear door down. The last person to touch the rear hatch was the employee when he pulled the rear door down.

As far as the issues they have not all happened this month, this year or even in the past 3 years. My first incident was before my son graduated and that was in 2010. That was the one were an employee told me she needed to take an item to the counter to keep me from stealing it. Probably a year later I was called an idiot when I told an employee I verified something in stock but she could not find it. In the last 3 years I have complained two more times, once when an assistant manager threaten to refuse to sell me a firearm when my wife asked him why it took 45 minutes to pay. And the last complaint was when I caught the sporting goods department hiding ammunition and overheard a supervisor telling customers to use pellet rifles to kill neighbors dogs. Hardly what I would consider excessive.

It will get fixed and management will continue to lie to cover the issues within their store. And we will be taking the money we spend somewhere else. Edited by Dolomite_supafly

As of 2010 Walmart retained all video for 6 months.  You can forget about them giving you a copy, but in a lawsuit I suppose that the video could be supenoaed.  They always have an excellent video system in TLE to protect THEM in the case of a lawsuit, which happens pretty often.  IIRC video can not be deleted at the store level. 

- guy that used to watch the cameras at Walmart

• Like 1

They are sending the video tape to the insurance company. The insurance company has already called asking questions. They did say the manager said the worker could not have damaged the vehicle. Problem I have is it sounded like they are using the word of the manager, who is not a mechanic or an expert on Cadillacs, as the basis for their decision. Yet, I cannot get them to call me back so I can submit documentation from actual ASE certified mechanics at the Cadillac dealership who ARE experts on Cadillac vehicles.

The insurance has not made their decision yet and my only hope so far is they can at least get ALL the evidence, not just that of people who are biased. But after two messages in 4 days I am not as hopeful. Tomorrow we go see the body shop to see how much it will be to repair ALL the damage.

It will be repaired either way, it is just a matter of whether it will cost them or cost us. Spoke to out insurance and they said our premiums will likely raise unless they can recoup ALL of the money they spend on the repairs from Walmart So if Walmart doesn't cover it the damage will cost us a lot more than just the repairs.

And yet another liar will be rewarded for lying but I don't blame him because everyone in government does it as well as the president.

I worked at a Walmart many years ago as a dept manager in electrics.  I got to know the Automotive Manager real well for various reasons.  There "Mechanics" are given a few week training course (Can't remember the number of weeks) by an ASE certified instructor on how to change tires and oil and that is about it.  They are generally paid a few dollars an hour more then a standard Walmart employee and at least at the Walmart I worked at in Maryland they had a fairly high turnover.   From what I remember they settled most clams as they were more expensive to fight then to just pay.

Thanks

Robert

Well if it is not bad enough things just took a turn for the worst.

Rather than wait on Walmart to do the right thing, if they ever will, we decided to contact our insurance to start the claims process. We are still going to wait on Walmart's final decision before actually filing with our insurance but it may not matter anyways. We have full coverage on the vehicle and after explaining to the adjuster that a Walmart worker damaged our vehicle during a service she said our policy may not cover the repairs. She said that because Walmart did the damage they are the ones that should repair it and not our insurance. She said because it was not typical accident that she thinks our full coverage will not cover the damages done by the worker at Walmart.

I am hoping our insurance will cover it but if they don't we are going to cancel all policies once the vehicle is fixed.

What is the sense in having full coverage if they will not fix the vehicle?

Right now the estimate is a little over $600 but she also said it will likely be a lot more because the $600 only covered the body damage and two struts. She said she is unable to inspect whether the hinges or the door is bent as well as whether the lift mechanism is damaged so she cannot add those items to the estimate yet. The $600 is the bare minimum but will likely be a lot more.