Bad guy with gun shot by good guy with gun

Also in Nashville over the weekend.  2:00 or 3:00 am in the morning.  Guys returning from bar to parking deck to go home.  They get to their car and see it had been broken into as well as a couple of guys holding a bag stolen from the car.

When said and done, one of the victims was shot multiple times.  

It's sickens me that we have so many pieces of low life scum running around our wonderful country. No one should have to worry about harm coming their way here!

Swift and severe punishment should be the norm instead of freakshow liberal bleeding heart liberal policies that give scumbags the lack of concern for being low life's!

Right on for the good guy and for the justice served!
  • Like 2
WATE 6 On Your Side wanted to find out if that was legal so we reached out to Knox County’s top prosecutor.

I love how the news article even insinuates that the shooting was illegal, then states that it was legal. Why do you even have to cast a shadow of doubt on what was in fact legal?

Edited by Murgatroy
Does Tennessee have a state law that states that if you are in a justified shooting it doesn't matter if you were legally caring with a permit? Or am I insane and dreamed that

Nevermind found it

39-17-1322.  Defenses. 

A person shall not be charged with or convicted of a violation under this part if the person possessed, displayed or employed a handgun in justifiable self-defense or in justifiable defense of another during the commission of a crime in which that person or the other person defended was a victim.

Sent from the backwoods Edited by Spots
The story should end with the shooter being presented with a cash award and certificate of appreciation. I'd contribute to a fund set up for that purpose... And just imagine the popping noises of liberal heads exploding all over the country! Win win, amiright?

I love how the news article even insinuates that the shooting was illegal, then states that it was legal. Why do you even have to cast a shadow of doubt on what was in fact legal?

Because good people with guns need to be cast as evil, because evil guns/people make for better news...Get with the liberal program! :P

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if wate runs a story later this week on if the general public should be allowed to shoot an armed robber that isn't directly threatening them...Thats how these piles of #### roll..

Edited by Someotherguy

the poor clerk who was fixing to be robbed ( or worse) will probably be fired.  The bystander was her boyfriend, and having personal friends hanging out at the old BreadBox is a violation of company policy.

Because good people with guns need to be cast as evil, because evil guns/people make for better news...Get with the liberal program! :P

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if wate runs a story later this week on if the general public should be allowed to shoot an armed robber that isn't directly threatening them...Thats how these piles of #### roll..

My thinking is, if i'm in a store, room, or in the vicinity of an obvious criminal who draws a firearm with criminal intent, then I am threatened. Liberals who sit in the comfort of their home sipping their iced mocca watching the liberal news and make judgments that the poor criminal thug who was oppressed by society, wasn't intending to harm you. Not only do they know everything there is to know about everything, they also have some supernatural knowledge, ESP, that tells them who will harm you and who will not. Of course they are watching it on TV, they wern't in the store facing danger.

• Like 1

Mark one up for the good guys................ :up: :up: We only need about 10,000 more each week to get close to getting a handle on the situation.................jmho

Another benifit is it's alot cheaper for the tax payers to bury bad guy instead of feeding and housing him for a few years.

Momma wants justice....http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015/06/16/robbers-mother-speaks-out-about-sons-death/28832711/

No suprise there. I'm glad the law is handling it the way they are. I'm also glad Tennessee protects him from civil suits. I love how the news mentions at every turn he didn't have a permit

Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility 39-11-622. Justification for use of force — Exceptions — Immunity from civil liability. (a) (1) A person who uses force as permitted in §§ 39-11-611 — 39-11-614 or § 29-34-201, is justified in using such force and is immune from civil liability for the use of such force, unless: (A) The person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in § 39-11-106 who: (i) Was acting in the performance of the officer’s official duties

Sent from the backwoods

I love how the news mentions at every turn he didn't have a permit

While carefully not mentioning that - according to the accounting of events - he was not carrying illegally.  The article says he saw what was going on through the front window of the store so he retrieved his handgun and entered the store.  Due to the recent change in the law (last year, right?) no permit is needed for someone not otherwise prohibited from having a handgun to legally carry a firearm in their vehicle in Tennessee - which the 'retrieved' detail makes me think was the case, here.  Using said handgun to protect a third party from an imminent threat of serious injury or death is also not illegal.  The stupid media probably doesn't want to make that clear and the stupid mother won't be able to get any criminal charges filed because no criminal act was committed by anyone other than her late and not lamented son.  Why the hell some people think that they and/or their offspring (or simply people of similar skin tone) should have carte blanc to commit violent crimes while people who dare to stand in their way or stop them from committing violence against innocent victims are the 'bad guys' and should be charged I have no idea.  Of course, that approach to parenting - always blaming the actual or intended victims of his actions rather than placing the blame where it belongs - on him - might be a big part of the reason that things got to the point that her little 'angel' will now be a featured item on the all-they-can-eat worm buffet.

Oh, and the mom thinks things were 'getting better' just because the little ba**ard managed to graduate high school in between committing violent burglaries and violent assaults.  Yeah, right - and her statement about the past being the past just because he went from being a violent juvenile to an (obviously violent) adult (offender) - even though that 'past' was just a few months ago - is classic of the kind of bullcrap the relatives of offenders spout once said offender's luck finally runs out.  As if a switch flipped when he turned 18, he suddenly saw the error of his younger ways and became an upstanding pillar of the community Obviously that didn't happen as he was shot while committing yet another violent crime.  So, mama, if the past is the past and his juvenile offenses 'don't matter' then what about the fact he was starting his adult life off in the very same fashion as he ended his juvenile one, idiot?

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

No suprise there. I'm glad the law is handling it the way they are. I'm also glad Tennessee protects him from civil suits. I love how the news mentions at every turn he didn't have a permit

Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility 39-11-622. Justification for use of force — Exceptions — Immunity from civil liability. (a) (1) A person who uses force as permitted in §§ 39-11-611 — 39-11-614 or § 29-34-201, is justified in using such force and is immune from civil liability for the use of such force, unless: (A) The person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in § 39-11-106 who: (i) Was acting in the performance of the officer’s official duties

Sent from the backwoods

Unfortunately, seems that to be "immune", the shoot must be ruled justifiable by a court. The fact that one wasn't charged in the first place does not confer the immunity.

From later in that statute:

"...if the court finds that the defendant was justified in using such force"

- OS

While carefully not mentioning that - according to the accounting of events - he was not carrying illegally....

Even if he had been illegally packing while walking down the street in public rather than having it in his vehicle, he'd be immune from prosecution for it under 39-17-1322.

- OS

Unfortunately, seems that to be "immune", the shoot must be ruled justifiable by a court. The fact that one wasn't charged in the first place does not confer the immunity.

From later in that statute:

"...if the court finds that the defendant was justified in using such force"

- OS

Then IF it does go to a civil suit, AND the court finds the shoot was justified, the defendent would be due reimbursement for all expenses.  Given the details, doubtful any attorney would take it on IMO.

Secondly, mom has to blame someone.....she is certainly not going to take responsibility; never has before evidently.

• Like 1

Then IF it does go to a civil suit, AND the court finds the shoot was justified, the defendent would be due reimbursement for all expenses.  Given the details, doubtful any attorney would take it on IMO.

Yeah. Not that you could could actually score anything from the average thug relative bringing the suit, but real saving grace is that they'd have to find a real idiot lawyer to take most any case like this on spec, and that's doubtful even when speaking of lawyers as a whole (no offense counselors on board).  ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I don't know if you saw this but we won't have to worry about Sharpton and the like jumping in on this. I was on the KPD Facebook page and saw this exchange between a race baiter and the KPD.

• Rebeccs Parker Swiger I am rereading the statement and something is puzzling to me. It says the friend was outside watching, How was his life in danger then? He had nothing to do with what is going on inside the building. He decided to get his gun and shoot. This is no justice. He needs to be prosecuted for something. the law was interpreted to protect white shooting black. Go figure.

Knoxville Police Department Ms. Swiger, The male friend, who shot the suspect while he was committing the armed robbery with a fully loaded handgun, was African American.