Ruger's New Redhawk

KahrMan

I have never been a big fan of the Redhawk.  I always preferred the slimmer frame of a Blackhawk.  This new Redhawk looks interesting.  I kinda dig the funky shape of it and like the smaller grip.  Looks like it will ship with three moon clips so it can shoot 45LC or 45acp.

5032.jpg

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 7
Interesting, I wonder how hot of 45lc ammo it can handle.
I really wish S&W would make a 45lc/45acp kind of like that; a Governor with a short cylinder.

Well, discussions about the 45lc only version discuss them handling Ruger only loads. Edited by Patton

OK I'm actively interested in this revolver and will be waiting to see one in a LGS. I've no doubt whatsoever it'll exceed the S&W M-25 in its capacity for warmish reloads. All in all it sure looks like there's some potential there.

Reminds me of the gp100 champion. I got the email notification from Ruger as well. I would assume it is built like a tank.

I'll still stick with the gp100, sp101, lcrx and the blackhawk's. At least for now ;)
  • Like 1

I always wanted a Super Redhawk, 8" barell in .454 Casull, they look like the beast of all handguns. I wish they would make it to chamber the S&W .460, i'm sure it would be no problem handling the pressures the way it is built. Of course it would be a novility with few practical uses like big game hunting, self defense if hiking in the forest of the North West. That would be some fun money if I had it, first I would buy another carry gun, then the toys.

• Like 1

Is it going to be RedHawks size or GP 100 size?

Standard Redhawk in 45Colt, just cut for moon clips. I have one, just ain't cut for moon clips. It'll take whatever loads you feel comfortable loading in 45colt. My hot load is 290gr at 1200fps. Usually I keep it around 950fps.
That smaller grip is gonna hurt with real magnum loads. I bought a Redhawk that came with the original grips and aftermarket synthetic grips (Pachmayr, I think). I put the original grips on and fired a few rounds. Ouch. I put the aftermarket set back on immediately.
  • 2 weeks later...
It has a rounded off butt and fancier grips. The front sight is easier to replace that the 4.2 inch Redhawk that is available on the market right now. I also believe it is the only Redhawk that shoot two cartridges, 45lc and 45acp. It also uses moon clips for the 45acp.

I ordered one off Gun Broker and it should be be here by the end of the week. I will be out of town this week end, but I will be happy to give a report when I get back.

I know most people are smith fans, but I am a big Redhawk, GP and most Ruger single actions fan.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-RH45ACP.htm

What's wrong with liking both? lol

I have some of each.

• Like 2

It has a rounded off butt and fancier grips. The front sight is easier to replace that the 4.2 inch Redhawk that is available on the market right now. I also believe it is the only Redhawk that shoot two cartridges, 45lc and 45acp. It also uses moon clips for the 45acp.

I think they've made a round butt before. They just seem to cycle the variants' production. The 44 magnum shoots two cartridges as well of course. I really enjoy my Redhawk, but I don't care for the looks of the super Redhawk.

I think they've made a round butt before. They just seem to cycle the variants' production. The 44 magnum shoots two cartridges as well of course. I really enjoy my Redhawk, but I don't care for the looks of the super Redhawk.

You are right. I din't think about the 44 shooting two cartridges. I usually only shoot 44 mag, no good reason. They did recently come out with a round butt Talo edition, but I don't know of any other Redhawks that came with a factory roundbutt.