Explanation?

Guest Spru

I have read it. Several times.

1. Keep it clean. No cursing in my posts.
2. Maintain a good fellowship with others. I have other than the one guy that made a threat of physical violence. (And didn't get suspended)
3. Do not discuss illegal activity of any sort. I didn't other than informing someone what they were threatening was illegal. (Again, that didn't get suspended)
4. Observe all laws. I do, though others here don't seem to. (You know the one, the one that didn't get suspended)
5. No unauthorized soliciting. I haven't advertised anything.
6. Use of Trading Post Forum. Haven't used it.

So I am left confused. The reason given was "trolling in profile" yet it was because of something I posted in the forums?

Speaking of the one who shall not be named, how do you block someone here?

I hope you figure it out soon. I hate the idea that seeing me post here gets your panties in a bunch. You started a thread with the intention of trolling. Like an idiot, I engaged you. You have less than 3 months on here and nobody knows you from Adams off mule. I've been here 3 years and just about every regular member on this forum has either spoken to me in person, on the phone, or in chat. I stood up for my beliefs, and your answer was to call for me to be locked up in a mental institution, then to call me a terriost. Immediately after calling me a terriost one of the admins banned you. Also you may wanna check your last thread, and notice TGO David's last post on that thread. He mentioned he checked your profile and noticed very little contributions in the way of firearms related postings and mostly it was shit stirring and BS. He also makes mentions that that is a very bad thing for him to take notice of. So you may wanna just find the block button, and play nice from now on.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 3

Spots???? A terrorist?????? WTF???

......well, you ARE pretty good with a hammer Spots, so..........

taliban_scud.jpg?w=450

Didn't you know dude?? I keep me Koran right next to my sand scrubbed, dirty AK, and practice blindly hip firing at least once a week. It is a little hard to find prayer time between 12 hour shifts at work, blacksmith shop, range time, and actually seeing that other human that lives in my house I call my wife at some point in the week. So usually just a little "Aloha Snackbar" gets me through the day.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 2

2. Maintain a good fellowship with others. I have other than the one guy that made a threat of physical violence. (And didn't get suspended)

So I am left confused. The reason given was "trolling in profile" yet it was because of something I posted in the forums?

Perhaps read the full text of the rule.

Maintain a good fellowship with others. Members should treat each other as they would like to be treated themselves. Name calling, flame posts, racial slurs, and other insulting remarks meant to cause conflict will not be tolerated. You should always try to maintain good fellowship with the other members of this community and be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

Debate is welcome and encouraged, but you must always stick to attacking the issues rather than the person or profession. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Keep in mind that in life there is no guarantee that others will agree with your thoughts or comments. You absolutely must try to handle disagreements, criticisms or opposing viewpoints with tact and maturity.

Can anyone help me understand why Jade Helm 15 Mastering the Human Domain was closed down? I was accused of "Asking someone what handicap having your head up your ass is", and was told it "is both offensive to handicapped people and those who enjoy the view from there." The problem is I never said it!

I understand that many here are military or ex-military and are easily offended by any talk that suggests that they could be used against the American people but we must never forget that history paints a different picture. Remember that not that long ago Japanese Americans were interned for the crime of being Japanese Americans! And if we look at other countries we see soldiers being used to clamp down on citizens by using as justification, "I was just following orders."

We cannot call everything we disagree with a "conspiracy theory"  nor anyone we don't agree with a tinfoil hat wearing moron. In many cases, sometimes years later, we discover the conspiracy theorists or tinfoil hat wearing morons were right!

May God bless and protect America!

David let the Jade Helm thread go on a lot longer than I would have in his shoes.  I'm ex-military and I wasn't offended, just flabbergasted that the whole thing has taken root. 

I get that there is health in debate on things, but you weren't debating.  As I saw it you were just tossing out random links with no independent research or additional commentary provided.  Not to mention the day that thread became a bunch of random music via YouTube videos I would have closed it down for irrelevancy.

• Like 2

David let the Jade Helm thread go on a lot longer than I would have in his shoes.  I'm ex-military and I wasn't offended, just flabbergasted that the whole thing has taken root. 

I get that there is health in debate on things, but you weren't debating.  As I saw it you were just tossing out random links with no independent research or additional commentary provided.  Not to mention the day that thread became a bunch of random music via YouTube videos I would have closed it down for irrelevancy.

I agree. Most ridiculous thread ever.

1. Keep it clean. No cursing in my posts.
3. Do not discuss illegal activity of any sort. I didn't other than informing someone what they were threatening was illegal. (Again, that didn't get suspended)
4. Observe all laws. I do, though others here don't seem to. (You know the one, the one that didn't get suspended)
5. No unauthorized soliciting. I haven't advertised anything.
6. Use of Trading Post Forum. Haven't used it.

First, the punishments members receive is between the staff and that member only. We, as staff, only discus punishments with those being punished. Because of that you have ZERO clue regarding anyone else's punishments, perceived or real.

Second, you, and only you, are responsible for your own actions. No one forced you to post anything, at least no one in that thread. Regardless of what anyone else posts you are the only one that will be held accountable for the rules YOU break.

Third, rule #2 is a very important rule. So if you decide to not to be nice you will be punished even if the other person is not nice either. If you feel someone has broken the rules report it and let the staff deal with it.

And finally, you have no right to free speech here. The 1st amendment protects you from the government and guess what, we are not the government.
  • Like 1
Participates in thread that gets locked, starts another thread in order to continue the locked thread, that thread gets locked, gets a TGO vacation and then starts another thread asking why. Are you a member of Congress by chance? Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 2
  • Administrator

I can't remember the last time I got a two-fer out of a thread like this.  I'm seriously going to let this run a while, have a beer, and come back to it later.  Like a fine cigar, this one just feels like something I should savor.

• Like 14

I can't remember the last time I got a two-fer out of a thread like this. I'm seriously going to let this run a while, have a beer, and come back to it later. Like a fine cigar, this one just feels like something I should savor.

I think this thread just took a turn for the interesting. I knew there was a reason I subscribed to it as soon as it got posted last night.

55587122_zpsu7agntvc.jpg

Sent from the backwoods

Another site I'm a member of has a sub-forum titled "How Not To Post."  As you can guess, they Admin's/Moderator's take the true gems that come across from time to time and after closing them for overall stupidity move them there for posterity. 

This thread would be a great way to start one here on TGO.  :P

You called a member a terrorist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh so I should have called his action terroristic instead of calling him a terrorist? You don't have to be Islamic to be one. He used threats of violence to get his way, that is the very definition of a terrorist or terroristic activity.

Dude can't help himself. Play dumb, troll, get banned....wash rinse repeat.

Guess this doesn't qualify as trolling?

Is this the butthurt thread?

This isn't trolling either?

9588332cc566b20c1c679e8a59a7822f.jpg

Or this?

I hope you figure it out soon. I hate the idea that seeing me post here gets your panties in a bunch. You started a thread with the intention of trolling. Like an idiot, I engaged you. You have less than 3 months on here and nobody knows you from Adams off mule. I've been here 3 years and just about every regular member on this forum has either spoken to me in person, on the phone, or in chat. I stood up for my beliefs, and your answer was to call for me to be locked up in a mental institution, then to call me a terriost. Immediately after calling me a terriost one of the admins banned you. Also you may wanna check your last thread, and notice TGO David's last post on that thread. He mentioned he checked your profile and noticed very little contributions in the way of firearms related postings and mostly it was #### stirring and BS. He also makes mentions that that is a very bad thing for him to take notice of. So you may wanna just find the block button, and play nice from now on.

Sent from the backwoods

It doesn't, I'd just rather not associate with someone that uses terroristic threats to get their way. I had no intention of trolling, I stated my opinion from the very start. You however wanted to argue about it and get your threat of criminal violence out there. Oh, I see. So it just playing favorites and if the new guy calls you on your action they have to be silenced so that the established hierarchy isn't exposed? 

Again, I didn't say you need to be locked up because you don't like flag burning, I said you needed to be locked up because you threatened violence against non-violent people. IE You want to cause harm to someone who is not threatening you or anyone else.
I also call BS on him actually reading my post. The only thing that could be considered "#### stirring" was the last post. Everything else was pretty cordial until you came along.

Perhaps read the full text of the rule.

Maintain a good fellowship with others. Members should treat each other as they would like to be treated themselves. Name calling, flame posts, racial slurs, and other insulting remarks meant to cause conflict will not be tolerated. You should always try to maintain good fellowship with the other members of this community and be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

Debate is welcome and encouraged, but you must always stick to attacking the issues rather than the person or profession. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Keep in mind that in life there is no guarantee that others will agree with your thoughts or comments. You absolutely must try to handle disagreements, criticisms or opposing viewpoints with tact and maturity.

I didn't name call. I used a word as it is defined. He threatened violence against someone because his delicate senses were offended much like the people who attack those that would draw Mohammad. Replace "draw Mohammad" with "burn a flag" and you have the exact same thing. There is no distinction between what the reasons are, if you use the threat of violence to further your own view then that is terrorism.

First, the punishments members receive is between the staff and that member only. We, as staff, only discus punishments with those being punished. Because of that you have ZERO clue regarding anyone else's punishments, perceived or real.

Second, you, and only you, are responsible for your own actions. No one forced you to post anything, at least no one in that thread. Regardless of what anyone else posts you are the only one that will be held accountable for the rules YOU break.

Third, rule #2 is a very important rule. So if you decide to not to be nice you will be punished even if the other person is not nice either. If you feel someone has broken the rules report it and let the staff deal with it.

And finally, you have no right to free speech here. The 1st amendment protects you from the government and guess what, we are not the government.

Sure I do as I can visit their profile and see that they weren't suspended during that time frame.
No they sure didn't. I still didn't break any rules. As for rule #2 I didn't "name call", I used a word as it is defined. Would you have prefered me to call his actions terroristic rather than actually calling him a terrorist? Because that is the literal definition of it. That is even why I posted it, to show that I wasn't attacking him but that what he was doing was terror.
No one said I did. I was just calling you out for banning me after following the rules. You just don't like that someone called your friend out for something they did so you silenced them in hopes it would go away. Bottom line is that you are letting your friend slide by rules while twisting them to whatever angle you need to to protect them.

Participates in thread that gets locked, starts another thread in order to continue the locked thread, that thread gets locked, gets a TGO vacation and then starts another thread asking why. Are you a member of Congress by chance?

No, I didn't participate in the first one. Maybe research before opening your mouth and making false accusations?
Didn't continue the locked thread, was an entirely new topic. Again maybe research before opening your mouth and making false accusations?
Even if that were true there is no rule against doing so is there?

What I take away from this is that the rules are only there for new members and not the established members. Even when followed they will be twisted to silence anyone who dares to call out the established members for their own breaking of the rules.

Yeah, you guys sound like a great community to belong to! /sarcasm

• Moderators

What I take away from this is that the rules are only there for new members and not the established members. Even when followed they will be twisted to silence anyone who dares to call out the established members for their own breaking of the rules.

Yeah, you guys sound like a great community to belong to! /sarcasm

I have been here many years. Best forum on the Internet, period.

I doubt you will have to worry about it much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Let's recap. Two mods and owner posting and this thread still active and no ban. I want what they are drinking today so I can chill out. This thread is better than bersaguys corny joke threads IMHO ;)

Bersaguys corny jokes are the highlight of my day! :)
  • Like 7

Just so there is a cache of your hypocrisy for future generations. :)

I'm glad you will be able to show this thread to your grandchildren. "Look Timmy, this is where Grandpa admitted he was gutless and didn't give a damn about burning an American flag "

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 4