Explanation?

Guest Spru

If everybody saying something is awesome is the measure of being awesome, then this thread is awesome. I have a different measure. This thread is mediocre at best. One guy speaking his mind(or trolling, I don't know), a bunch of guys calling him names, a bunch of other guys encouraging it. This feels mean.

70c3be5d451795497c2733ec99e48829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If we're getting explantations, I got some questions too.

1. Too, two, to, WTF? I mean really? Explain that!

2. Magnets, how do those even work? Witches?

3. If Ted left his house at 6:35AM and arrived at work at 7:40AM, worked 3 hours before lunch and then worked another 4 hours after, how much pizza did Ted eat for lunch?

4. Potato or potato? Why?

5. Remember that guy form MacGyver? Not MacGyver, but his one friend who helped him out sometimes, what was his name?

6. Can you feel the love tonight?

7. Will we ever have a gay black albino women president? Would being a "little person" hurt or help the campaign?

8. Why do I always get so sleepy right before I go to sleep?

9. Have you seen my wallet?

10. Can I have $20.00?

Since there is apparently a secret TGO hierarchy I wasn't aware of and I've been here longer than the OP, I think it would be in poor form to address his grievances before tackling my list. 

You didn't have anything important to do anyways today, right David? ;)

Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 6

If we're getting explantations, I got some questions too.

1. Too, two, to, WTF? I mean really? Explain that!

2. Magnets, how do those even work? Witches?

3. If Ted left his house at 6:35AM and arrived at work at 7:40AM, worked 3 hours before lunch and then worked another 4 hours after, how much pizza did Ted eat for lunch?

4. Potato or potato? Why?

5. Remember that guy form MacGyver? Not MacGyver, but his one friend who helped him out sometimes, what was his name?

6. Can you feel the love tonight?

7. Will we ever have a gay black albino women president? Would being a "little person" hurt or help the campaign?

8. Why do I always get so sleepy right before I go to sleep?

9. Have you seen my wallet?

10. Can I have $20.00?

Since there is apparently a secret TGO hierarchy I wasn't aware of and I've been here longer than the OP, I think it would be in poor form to address his grievances before tackling my list.

You didn't have anything important to do anyways today, right David? ;)

I will attempt to answer all your questions when I get home from work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Lighten up on the guy. He hasn't been around long enough to know that this group protects its own like no other group on the Internet. Ask me how I know. :) I believe that I'm the longest tenured liberal communist on the site. Mikegideon, 6.8AR (miss him, smart guy) and a few others would routinely take me to the octagon whenever they felt that I had gotten the wrong impression about a member or took their comments out of context. I've since learned that mikegideon can find humor in almost any situation, but he will always give reliable advice when it comes to guns. I think he once told me something to the effect of "I look after my friends". That statement changed my entire opinion of the forum and how I interacted with other members.

In time the op will have met a few members, shot a few thousand rounds, conducted a few transactions, had a beer/coffee while chatting and getting to know that TGO is a band of brothers who scrap a little amongst ourselves, but will destroy anyone from the outside who threatens a brother or the integrity of this forum. I hope that he sticks around because a few more spices will enhance the flavor of the stew. If we all always agreed on everything we would have nothing more than a big circle jerk, and we are better than that. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 6

Lighten up on the guy. He hasn't been around long enough to know that this group protects its own like no other group on the Internet. Ask me how I know. :) I believe that I'm the longest tenured liberal communist on the sight. Mikegideon, 6.8AR (miss him, smart guy) and a few others would routinely take me to the octagon whenever they felt that I had gotten the wrong impression about a member or took their comments out of context. I've since learned that mikegideon can find humor in almost any situation, but he will always give reliable advice when it comes to guns. I think he once told me something to the effect of "I look after my friends". That statement changed my entire opinion of the forum and how I interacted with other members.

In time the op will have met a few members, shot a few thousand rounds, conducted a few transactions, had a beer/coffee while chatting and getting to know that TGO is a band of brothers who scrap a little amongst ourselves, but will destroy anyone from the outside who threatens a brother or the integrity of this forum. I hope that he sticks around because a few more spices will enhance the flavor of the stew. If we all always agreed on everything we would have nothing more than a big circle jerk, and we are better than that.

The way I look at it, if you can't handle the ass kickin' you begged for, you should probably go over there  and hang out with the girls. It's pretty simple... folks lighten up when you quit pissing them off. First thing this bunch does with anybody is welcome them, especially if they bother to post in the new member section.

PS, It ain't a good idea to call a Marine a terrorist, especially one that plays with knives :)

• Like 2

TGO members DO INDEED stand together and 'take care' of each other.  That even extends to a few members who weren't fly by night trolls.  I don't hate the new guys who come in and stir up trouble NEAR as much as I hate the low down SOB's who've posted for years and turned out to be thieves, liars and douche bags.  ...and yeah, we've had a senior member or two turn out to be JUST that.  Good riddance.  

New members: Don't be deceived or assume that because someone has 5,000 posts, you can't call them out for BS.  Just make sure it's genuine BS and maybe try the PRIVATE channels of communication FIRST.  

• Like 1

Lighten up on the guy. He hasn't been around long enough to know that this group protects its own like no other group on the Internet. Ask me how I know. :) I believe that I'm the longest tenured liberal communist on the sight. Mikegideon, 6.8AR (miss him, smart guy) and a few others would routinely take me to the octagon whenever they felt that I had gotten the wrong impression about a member or took their comments out of context. I've since learned that mikegideon can find humor in almost any situation, but he will always give reliable advice when it comes to guns. I think he once told me something to the effect of "I look after my friends". That statement changed my entire opinion of the forum and how I interacted with other members.

In time the op will have met a few members, shot a few thousand rounds, conducted a few transactions, had a beer/coffee while chatting and getting to know that TGO is a band of brothers who scrap a little amongst ourselves, but will destroy anyone from the outside who threatens a brother or the integrity of this forum. I hope that he sticks around because a few more spices will enhance the flavor of the stew. If we all always agreed on everything we would have nothing more than a big circle jerk, and we are better than that.

I think this is well said.  I understand that someone new coming in and making what some may consider to be egregious statements is not recommended, but I also think some are too quick to jump on the crucifixion bandwagon.  I think a simple word of warning from the admin's (which I am sure does happen) will slow down a lot of these threads, but part of the blame also goes to those who know better than to egg them on and make it a bigger issue.  Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but it isn't productive.  Nothing wrong with stating a disagreement of opinion, but attacking someone usually isn't necessary.  If they are an obvious troll, just ignore them.

I admit that at times, it seems like there is a double standard applied based on how popular someone is or how long they have been here, but I think it has more to do with those members having an established baseline of reasonable discussion.  It isn't even about agreeing, it is about having an intellectual discussion.    

I hope we all take this chance to think about what we are posting and how it could be perceived.  Some are better at conveying emotions or facetiousness than others. I am sure we all have those who we like and relate to, and those who we know what they are going to say before even reading their post and shaking our head, but that is simply how life works.  

I won't be bullied by anyone on this forum or in real life, but there is a time to pick your battles.  We are all passionate about something, but that doesn't mean that others can't have a contradictory opinion.  I think some need to learn the idea of "we will agree to disagree" and move on.  This board is much more fun when we are talking guns, joking, and not always worried about when the sky is going to fall.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
I agree we need different view points. Everyone here has probably read to orginal thread by now. Here was my issue. In his post, he said he would defend someone's right to burn a flag, then asked the question "How about you?". So he was looking for different opinons. I know my view points are old fashioned to most, and that violence isn't the answer to everything. I am normally a calm and fairly light hearted person. But there will always be things that touch us down to the very core. Burning that flag is one of them for me. So is insulting my wife or mother. If we are with friends and we are cutting up and joking I'm not gonna just fly off the handle. But if someone on the street calls my wife a slut in an argument we are gonna have major issues. It's a lack of respect issue. I know some people think using violence over a lack of respect is bullshit and I'm fine with that. But we had at least one President and several high ranking politicians who would quickly call a man out to a duel if they were disrespected. So while I value his opinion, you can't ask for differing opinions and then get your panties in a wad when someone gives them to you. I wasn't raised with one damn ounce of backup anywhere in my spine. I am what I am and most of the time I will keep my mouth shut about inflammatory topics, but if you ask, I will give it and I won't back down from my beliefs. On the internet or in person

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 4

The way I look at it, if you can't handle the ass kickin' you begged for, you should probably go over there  and hang out with the girls. It's pretty simple... folks lighten up when you quit pissing them off. First thing this bunch does with anybody is welcome them, especially if they bother to post in the new member section.

PS, It ain't a good idea to call a Marine a terrorist, especially one that plays with knives :)

Plays with knives, makes knives and honking big axes if I remember correctly. Plus shoots guns and does a lot of martial arts.

Probably would get into MMA if he had the time!

There have been a few threads lately about the “Good Ole Days”. One thing I see all the time that is significantly different from the good ole days is what people will say when they think they are protected.

When I was running around as a young man (circa 70’s, 80’s) we had all the things they have today. Road rage; we had it. But if you participated in it, it would usually end with someone taking an azz beating and the cops weren’t called. Arguments, bar fights, etc.; same thing, you either shut up, left, or threw down.

As a cop in the late 70’s and early 80’s I responded to many of those types of calls. We had what we called “Mutual Combat”. If you got in a fight in a bar or with your neighbor because you couldn’t keep your mouth shut, and then wanted the Police to arrest them; it generally wasn’t happening if you were a willing participant. I told them it was mutual combat and if they were adamant that they wanted to file a complaint I told them I would arrest them both and let the States Attorney make the call. (They wouldn’t prosecute two willing participants running their mouths that led to a fight anyway.)

I’ve seen many people say things and show disrespect that I’m sure they wouldn’t do in front of a person.

You have responsibility for the things you say and do. You have anonymity on the internet (to some degree) but not so much out in public. If you argue with someone to the point of name calling; you shouldn’t get to file a complaint if you get your azz beat. The cops should tell you “Don’t be stupid next time.” and leave. Of course with our liberal bleeding hearts making a big deal of it the cops can’t handle it that way anymore.

Today those bleeding heart liberals think they can say whatever they want and if someone punches them out; they will shoot them. That was murder in the good ole days.

Is my thinking messed up on this? biggrin.gif

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 5

There have been a few threads lately about the “Good Ole Days”. One thing I see all the time that is significantly different from the good ole days is what people will say when they think they are protected.

When I was running around as a young man (circa 70’s, 80’s) we had all the things they have today. Road rage; we had it. But if you participated in it, it would usually end with someone taking an azz beating and the cops weren’t called. Arguments, bar fights, etc.; same thing, you either shut up, left, or threw down.

As a cop in the late 70’s and early 80’s I responded to many of those types of calls. We had what we called “Mutual Combat”. If you got in a fight in a bar or with your neighbor because you couldn’t keep your mouth shut, and then wanted the Police to arrest them; it generally wasn’t happening if you were a willing participant. I told them it was mutual combat and if they were adamant that they wanted to file a complaint I told them I would arrest them both and let the States Attorney make the call. (They wouldn’t prosecute two willing participants running their mouths that led to a fight anyway.)

I’ve seen many people say things and show disrespect that I’m sure they wouldn’t do in front of a person.

You have responsibility for the things you say and do. You have anonymity on the internet (to some degree) but not so much out in public. If you argue with someone to the point of name calling; you shouldn’t get to file a complaint if you get your azz beat. The cops should tell you “Don’t be stupid next time.” and leave. Of course with our liberal bleeding hearts making a big deal of it the cops can’t handle it that way anymore.

Today those bleeding heart liberals think they can say whatever they want and if someone punches them out; they will shoot them. That was murder in the good ole days.

Is my thinking messed up on this? biggrin.gif

I still haven't figured out why a fist fight between 2 grown adults is illegal. If your man enough to run your mouth, then why go crying when somebody calls you on your bullshit. My dad grew up in the 60's and 70's and he talks about getting in a few fights. Generally if the cops got called, which was rare, they just told everyone to settle down. The internet and the modern day pussifcation of the American male has made it so most men and boys think of a fight as cussing each other and maybe a shove or two. You slug them and they are gonna just pull a gun ot call the cops am even though they helped escalate it
  • Like 1

I still haven't figured out why a fist fight between 2 grown adults is illegal. If your man enough to run your mouth, then why go crying when somebody calls you on your bull####. My dad grew up in the 60's and 70's and he talks about getting in a few fights. Generally if the cops got called, which was rare, they just told everyone to settle down. The internet and the modern day pussifcation of the American male has made it so most men and boys think of a fight as cussing each other and maybe a shove or two. You slug them and they are gonna just pull a gun ot call the cops am even though they helped escalate it

If there's one thing this society really needs, it's a lot of folks catching up on their desperately deserved ass whippings. Won't ever happen though. We live in the land of girlie men and participation trophies.

• Like 8