Flag Controversy reaches my street.

soapy

Smyrna Tn. this afternoon.  Just a few hundred yards from the Police Station on Enon Springs.

Flag%202_zpszpdjglpe.png[/URL]

[url=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/insanecreepy/media/Flag%201_zpsa3f6z3zu.png.html]Flag%201_zpsa3f6z3zu.png[/URL]

You ain't just a whistling Dixie!

Edited by soapy
  • Like 2

I've seen several pickups in the last few days driving around with great big confederate flags flying from their beds. They'll fare well here in Lafayette, but let them go into the the wrong neighborhood in another town, and the race war Obama wants is on.

I don't wish to see it, but it's gonna happen shortly.

• Like 5

In accordance with my firm conviction that sometimes the only way a man can keep his self respect is to pin a big piece of mistletoe on his shirt tail and walk right down the middle of the street for all to see, I bought a Confederate flag this morning. I guess that's my gentlemanly way of dropping my drawers and showing the bas....ds what to kiss.

Edited by EssOne
  • Like 5

what kills me is how these idiots always need to blame some 'thing' and not the crazy lunatic thug that committed the crime.

On one hand I'm thankful they're not going after the guns blindly again (because he wasn't using one of those evil black rifles of mass destruction), but on the other hand, WTF does that flag have to do with anything?  Because the thug had one?  He also had an American flag, and obviously had a digital camera, why not ban cameras so no one can take photographs of things that offend people.

good grief.

• Like 5

When ebay finds out it is there it will be pulled.

Yep, grab it in a hurry if you want it.

This is similar to the hicap magazine frenzy there after Sandy Hook ... they can only play whack-a-mole since there are so many. The actual listing words should have caught it in filter, but for some reason that mostly failed during the mag flood too for some reason.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

As a multigenerational child of the South who's ancestors served and bled in a lost civil war I have mixed feelings about the entire Rebel Flag issue. Inescapably I'm firmly of the opinion its use by NGA and individuals is a freedom of choice matter not subject to governmental influence. But personally seeing people act an ass flying the thing irritates the hell out of me, but in the end its their choice. As in all things your own choice is simply that so choose accordingly.

• Like 1
Standing on the side of the road out of traffic, flying a flag that is disappearing from stores under pressure and being removed from availability on license plates and dropped from battlefields isn't acting an ass. Acting an ass was in Ferguson and Baltimore with smaller reenactments daily in most big cities.
A week ago these flags were spotted here and there and nobody noticed them, but now it's being attacked as if it was one of the bullets in the church. Not only are people attacking it, govt and businesses are acting against it so fast it's head spinning.

With the lack of confederate flags in Chicago and its peaceful utopia , it's obvious that hiding it and removing it will make the country better :down: Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 5
No more than waving an American flag is PATRIOTIC. This is not the America of our founding fathers. Hell, it ain't even the america of the 80's when I was a kid.
Patriotism doesn't mean much any more. .....unless you're proud of Amerika.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there more "unrest" during the 60's?  Why wasn't the Confederate flag banned then?  The Confederate flag has been around 150+ years and now it's an issue?? :squint:

it's an issue because the professionals always seem to need to blame some thing and not some one. 

• Like 6

I bought myself a Confederate flag today.

My family were Union zealots and I personally can't think of a worse cause than the Confederate cause. I think the Confederacy cost us 800,000 lives without good reason and I could never support it, then or now. I think it is wise to remove the Confederate flag from government buildings in places where its presence causes offense. But there it ends. Removal of Confederate memorabilia from our Battlefield Parks, our cities, and our stores, vandalizing Confederate monuments, pressuring schools to change their names from those of Southern leaders, and even pressuring the Army to rename posts named after Confederate generals is political correctitude run amuck and weak-kneed cowardice unbecoming this nation. The Confederacy existed and it influenced the nation and its history- get over it. 

I bought that Confederate flag because the Confederacy is a major part of American history, a part that helps define us as a nation, and a part every American should know about. That being the case, no dictatorial bunch of feather merchant liberals in denial about its importance as something more than a symbol of racism will have my support in banning that flag from its rightful place in our national heritage. About all I can do to help preserve it is to buy a Confederate flag. So I did. 

• Like 4

Pretty sure I have an old tattered one somewhere, used as a sleeper curtain in semi in my youth, but couldn't find it ...

Anyway, this spurred me to grab a couple off eBay just before they starting nuking them. They were still cheap, one from USA vendor and one from Chinese. The second listing got zapped soon after I bought one, but transaction already done so still a go.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

My family were Union zealots and I personally can't think of a worse cause than the Confederate cause. I think the Confederacy cost us 800,000 lives without good reason and I could never support it, then or now. I think it is wise to remove the Confederate flag from government buildings in places where its presence causes offense. But there it ends. Removal of Confederate memorabilia from our Battlefield Parks, our cities, and our stores, vandalizing Confederate monuments, pressuring schools to change their names from those of Southern leaders, and even pressuring the Army to rename posts named after Confederate generals is political correctitude run amuck and weak-kneed cowardice unbecoming this nation. The Confederacy existed and it influenced the nation and its history- get over it. 

I bought that Confederate flag because the Confederacy is a major part of American history, a part that helps define us as a nation, and a part every American should know about. That being the case, no dictatorial bunch of feather merchant liberals in denial about its importance as something more than a symbol of racism will have my support in banning that flag from its rightful place in our national heritage. About all I can do to help preserve it is to buy a Confederate flag. So I did. 

And that pretty much sums up my opinion on the where and how of the Confederate Flag (that really is only a battle flag) issue. It should be historically remembered, that period of history should never be forgotten, we should honor the solders who served and died under both the Union and Confederate flags. Oh yeah, I'm a Civil War buff, my father was as well, he was buried under an American Flag but had a Confederate Flag placed in his hands by a loving grandson who shared the love of Civil War history..

Edited by TNWNGR

I've seen several pickups in the last few days driving around with great big confederate flags flying from their beds. They'll fare well here in Lafayette, but let them go into the the wrong neighborhood in another town, and the race war Obama wants is on.

I don't wish to see it, but it's gonna happen shortly.

No it's not.
  • Like 3

No it's not.

It won't but there could be incidents.  15 or so years ago some redneck boy up in Kentucky got shot dead by a black for flying that flag on the back of his truck.  The "oppressed" are far more bold now.

• Like 1