Flag Controversy reaches my street.

soapy

It won't but there could be incidents.  15 or so years ago some redneck boy up in Kentucky got shot dead by a black for flying that flag on the back of his truck.  The "oppressed" are far more bold now.

There will always be racial tensions, and there will always be small and insignificant groups like the New Black Panthers running their mouths. But in the end it would be suicide based upon numbers alone. So, I don't foresee the highly anticipated race war that Obama has never mentioned, but whites are always talking about. Some people must go to bed disappointed every night.
  • Like 2

Hope TN doesn't follow VA and remove the Confederate flag from state license plates.  TN has the "Sons Of Confederate Veterans" plate available and it says "available to TN residents" (I thought it might only be for descendants of Confederate veterans).  My current registration expires in July.... I think I'm gonna switch plates. :pleased:

Hope TN doesn't follow VA and remove the Confederate flag from state license plates.  ..

Haslam has already said he wants them gone, so they probably are. Along with bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest from state house.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Looks like they stood in the same place I did.  I should have hung around and gave a speech.  They always find that one goober to interview,  I was that close....

Edited by soapy

Hope TN doesn't follow VA and remove the Confederate flag from state license plates.  TN has the "Sons Of Confederate Veterans" plate available and it says "available to TN residents" (I thought it might only be for descendants of Confederate veterans).  My current registration expires in July.... I think I'm gonna switch plates. :pleased:

they are available to anyone membership is not required, though you would be welcomed to join. The state is the one who will be damaged most by removing them if they do, as half the extra goes directly to the state and the other half goes to the Sons of Confederate Veterans who send it directly to the TN state museum for the purpose of conserving the many original flags they have in their inventory. It can cost thousands of dollars to conserve each flag and this revenue stream is used for that.

you may swap your tag any time you like. They prorate the cost so you won't be out any more if you change at your normal renewal or any other time.

Edited by seez52
  • Like 3

And NASCAR has joined in on it too:  http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/6/27/brian-france-statement-nascar-ceo-chairman-confederate-flag.html

We will be as aggressive as possible to disassociate NASCAR events from an offensive and divisive symbol.

Really NASCAR?  Your fan base is already dwindling... want to turn off even more fans?

What next?  Will CMT edit out scenes of the General Lee on the Dukes Of Hazard reruns?? :grouchy:

We moved to Tn. last year from Mississippi and as you may know we had a referendum in 2001 to keep the state flag that has a battle flag as part of it and it passed with something like 65% voting for it. I knew people that had never registered to vote and that was enough to get them registered. And btw there were plenty of black voters that voted for it also. For crying out loud it is part of the history of the state. If you don't like it, move to NY, Cali, or Mass. Phil Bryant the governor of Mississippi said he would uphold the referendum that the people had voted for. All of these PC governors and politicians need to be voted out. You can try all you want, but you cannot change history. That is being whittled on by the PC/liberal teachers and the like though. I am not a racist and I don't like being labeled as one just because I happened to be born a white, male that likes guns!! My view is if you don't like looking at a Confederate statue, flag, etc. look the other way!!! There are a lot of things I don't like to see, but you don't see me whining to get it removed from view. I for one am fed up with this crap. And that IS the nice version.

In accordance with my firm conviction that sometimes the only way a man can keep his self respect is to pin a big piece of mistletoe on his shirt tail and walk right down the middle of the street for all to see, I bought a Confederate flag this morning. I guess that's my gentlemanly way of dropping my drawers and showing the bas....ds what to kiss.

Damn S1. You're a full fledged redneck now :)

Me... I'm gonna see if I can get Spike's to do a stripped lower. Nothing will make liberal heads explode quicker than the stars and bars engraved in the magwell of an AR-15.

Damn S1. You're a full fledged redneck now :)

Me... I'm gonna see if I can get Spike's to do a stripped lower. Nothing will make liberal heads explode quicker than the stars and bars engraved in the magwell of an AR-15.

If you need someone to get a second let me know, because I'd really, really like that.

It's all part of the "big ____ hate machine" fill in the blank for the topic of the day.
The progs have had people on the payroll since 08 (probably longer) to stir crap up. Create more categories for people so they can be divided in to more groups.

Everyone but white male Christian conservatives needs their own protected class.

In honor of this thread I will fly a CSA flag tomorrow and post a pic here.

If people spent half as much time worrying about important #### the world would be a better place.

Make sure you're in the pic too, with a beer in one hand, and a Hi-Point carbine in the other.