Flag Controversy reaches my street.

soapy

Damn S1. You're a full fledged redneck now :)

Me... I'm gonna see if I can get Spike's to do a stripped lower. Nothing will make liberal heads explode quicker than the stars and bars engraved in the magwell of an AR-15.

Naw. Been one for a long time. :pleased: But thanks for the compliment.

• Like 2

I heard a report on the news today where someone went to a major grocery store chain and wanted a cake made with a Confederate flag, and the store refused. Then they came back later and asked if they could get a cake made with the ISIS flag. They were told "Sure, no problem"

I heard a report on the news today where someone went to a major grocery store chain and wanted a cake made with a Confederate flag, and the store refused. Then they came back later and asked if they could get a cake made with the ISIS flag. They were told "Sure, no problem"

That was a Wal Mart in Louisiana.

The manager said they were standing by the decision not to have Confederate memorabilia but said the worker "didnt know"

What a sham. I need me some rainbow flags to burn.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Link???

I've seen several pickups in the last few days driving around with great big confederate flags flying from their beds. They'll fare well here in Lafayette, but let them go into the the wrong neighborhood in another town, and the race war Obama wants is on.

I don't wish to see it, but it's gonna happen shortly.

They were selling confederate flag bed sheets at the flea market off the #407 exit this weekend (where you get off the interstate to go to Dollywood) and they were selling like hot cakes!

They were selling confederate flag bed sheets at the flea market off the #407 exit this weekend (where you get off the interstate to go to Dollywood) and they were selling like hot cakes!

Hmm. Never thought about the bed sheets, have seen beach towels, swim suits, boxers, T-Shirts, pillows, hat's and wall hangings of the "CBF" as well as belt buckles.

The rainbow flag in the second picture doesn't offend me, heck I may be weird but I can't really think of anything that offends me anymore. I do have a question though, why is it not offensive to fly a Japanese flag or a Mexican flag or even a British flag but it is to fly a Confederate States flag? Edited by toby1304

Maybe I've missed the point, but I look at people with the Confederate flag the same way I look at people waving flags like the Cuban or Mexican flags. It seems a bit unpatriotic to me.

I mostly agree with this.  It belongs in history books, and historic sites, which is of all things where it was removed.  It even belongs on the general lee car, that is, if not really history, a classic and part of Americana and such.    

But at the end of the day, what does it SAY about the person flying it?  Are they in rebellion against the USA?  Are they trying to revisit the defeated state's right's cause and go to war over it?   Why would one fly the flag of, what is now a defeated enemy?   And the bulk of the people doing it would tell you in a heartbeat they love America & are patriots.   It does not make any logical sense.    To me, it really is on par with flying a Nazi flag and saying "well nope, Im no Nazi, I don't hate the jews, and I am a patriot who loves America, but this here flag is *cool looking".

Okay why is it that the left liberals want everyone to be tolerant of each others feelings and such, I guess folks who happen to like a Confederate flag, or a monument with Nathan Bedford Forrest are non people and they should just be treated like dirt. How about treating us as good as the effin illegals coming into the country. Only in Amerika can a kid get sent home for wearing an American flag a Confederate flag, but be celebrated for wearing a Mexican flag?? I don't currently own a Confederate flag, but I will be buying and flying one along with the Gadsden flag "DON'T TREAD ON ME" just leave me alone please.

• Like 1

In the "people have no clue about which they speak" dept:  Our SCV camp maintains the First National flag above the Confederate Field of Honor in East Hills Cemetery, where many, many "unknowns" were buried after they passed in the Confederate hospital here in Bristol (rail brought the injured out of the Northern VA theatre as far south as it went, which was here.  We've identified and erected markers to over 220 so far...)  About three weeks ago, the pulley at the top broke, so the flag came down.  This past Friday, a bunch of us worked to put up enough scaffolding to get up there and replace it, and then raised the First back up.  Our camp adjuvant told me yesterday that a nice young lady came up to him earlier that morning (knowing he was part of the SCV, and we maintained that end of the cemetery) and thanked him for helping to put the Tennessee flag back up on the pole....

They are going to keep the Jefferson Memorial and the name, they are just going to change the statue to a painting. They say it's all about moving on up.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Jefferson_zpsxdvndwdp.jpg.html]Jefferson_zpsxdvndwdp.jpg[/URL]

They will put a smaller painting of Weezy beside it.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 8

First Amendment. Flying the Confederate Battle Flag might be considered insensitive, but it isn't against the law. Not much chance of it ever being against the law. 

I'd like one or two of the Confederate Historians to research the Civil War Paroles and Amnesties. I bet it's not against the law to fly the Confederate Battle Flag, and everyone was amnestied out a long time ago. 

There were more than 1.5 Million casualties the last time the Confederate Battle Flag was fought over, and I don't think we want to try that over again. 

• Like 1

Might be a totally different outcome the second time around

It would be much worse. Think of the casualties from a full scale conflict using muskets and cannon. Imagine that same amount of force going after each other with M1A1 Abrahams, Cobra and Apache Attack helicopters, belt fed medium and heavy weapons and M4's. A force on force battle between to similarly equipped military units would result in horrendous casualties in minutes.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 2