Congratulations to Everything Weapons

• Administrator

Saw this posted on Facebook earlier this evening: Everything Weapons has entered into a deal to buy The Outpost Armory and merge retail operations.

That's huge! Please join me in wishing them both the best of success.

251a0b556546dcabc7ae6d147dc27fd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
Smart move by Barrett. The gun store was really just a notion at first, taking space in a convenience store they owned, and repurposing it for gun sales. At first they still had both operations running plus the restaurant!

It grew quickly and they ditched the gas and c-store and restaurant quickly to create more room the gun shop.

It was a brilliant example of the power of capitalism - taking an asset and raising it to a higher value.

Now they recognize that it can be more but is taking their time away from their core business, so its sold - and both parties will benefit
And no one from the government was needed to create this wealth

God Bless America
  • Like 4

Smart move by Barrett. The gun store was really just a notion at first, taking space in a convenience store they owned, and repurposing it for gun sales. At first they still had both operations running plus the restaurant!

It grew quickly and they ditched the gas and c-store and restaurant quickly to create more room the gun shop.

It was a brilliant example of the power of capitalism - taking an asset and raising it to a higher value.

Now they recognize that it can be more but is taking their time away from their core business, so its sold - and both parties will benefit
And no one from the government was needed to create this wealth

God Bless America

They didn't build that.

• Like 1
I've been in the Outpost a few times. Always a bunch of Dbags behind the counter.

I've been in Everything Weapons MANY times, both locations. Very very nice guys who act like they give a :poop:

This will certainly be a good thing. Everything Weapons has the friendly service to do this and do it well. Awesome!!!

I've been in the Outpost a few times. Always a bunch of Dbags behind the counter.

I've been in Everything Weapons MANY times, both locations. Very very nice guys who act like they give a :poop:

This will certainly be a good thing. Everything Weapons has the friendly service to do this and do it well. Awesome!!!

Thats interesting- my experience has always been the exact opposite.
  • Like 6

Thats interesting- my experience has always been the exact opposite.

No doubt, I've heard that from more than jus you.  Chances are, I should gave it more than two or three attempts but I didn't.  Besides, Everything Weapons is MUCH closer to me.  All moot now though :up:

I wonder if they'll have 2 pallets of. 22 LR ammo for sale at $89 per brick again, to celebrate the merger? I'll have to make a few trips to the outpost soon to get anything I need, before the new Franklin / Brentwood pricing goes into effect there.

I thought I remembered something about that, but wasn't sure if it was the same folks.
  • Administrator

Guys I am not going to mess around here, so listen up:

-- There exists NO retail operation that hasn't let someone down, pissed someone off, or otherwise dissatisfied at least one customer.

-- The Internet makes it entirely possible for one unhappy person to malign a business to financially damaging degrees, just because they have an axe to grind.

-- The retail public these days (you and ME) can be some of the most ungrateful, demanding, whiney-assed babies any of us have ever seen.  What seems like no big deal to 9/10 people may be the end of the damn world for that 10th guy and then he starts grinding that axe (See point 2 above).

When it comes to complaining about not being recognized with a smile, or thinking a gun was priced too high, or ammo was too scarce, or someone didn't stroke your fur the right way, really that is all SUBJECTIVE to the person doing the griping.  But for some reason, misery loves company on the Internet and people are all too happy to jump into the dog-pile and ruin the reputation of a business and hurt the finances of the PEOPLE working at, reliant upon, and owning those businesses.

I'm really just sick of it.

And more importantly, when it comes to a paying vendor who SPONSORS this site, I just am not going to allow it.

If you have a legitimate beef with a sponsor of TGO, take it up with them privately.  If you think a sponsor poses a significant risk to the physical or financial well-being of the TGO members at large, present your case to ME PRIVATELY and I will consider it and take action if it is warranted.

But if you're just sour that someone had an item you wanted, at a price you weren't willing to pay... put on your big boy pants and realize that life isn't fair and a business can charge whatever they want.  It's capitalism, baby!  It's what makes America awesome.

Jeez frickin Louise!!!   Can't even have a nice thread congratulating two of our local shops on becoming an even bigger operation to serve the local shooters.  We've gotta sit around and figure out how we can eat our own.

:rant:

• Like 9

But if you're just sour that someone had an item you wanted, at a price you weren't willing to pay... put on your big boy pants and realize that life isn't fair and a business can charge whatever they want.  It's capitalism, baby!  It's what makes America awesome.

Funny, I've been saying the same thing about .22's since the crap started.  Few seem to agree.  

• Like 2

obama would say "You didn't build that business".  However with the help of obama and clinton it's done well.  Each has contributed to our success. 

:usa: I have several items from Outpost Armory that without them I might not have.  Congrats to those putting this together and hope this venture goes well. :usa:

• Like 1

A few months back I took a girl I was banging to Outpost Armory when she was looking at buying her first gun.  The staff there were top notch in dealing with us.  We had as much time as we needed to let her get a feel and work the action on about a dozen models of guns. 

Once she picked out a gun she liked- a Glock 19- I explained to her that on a common brand like that, online ordering and the FFL transfer process could save her money with research and patience.  I even went so far as to research an FFL in her hometown that could handle it, but she didn't care.  She wanted the gun that day, so we could go shooting the next day, and that was that.  There was more involved in the value of the sale for her than just the price comparison on the gun.  She also appreciated that they were willing to be so patient with a new shooter, and that they had so many models to offer her for comparisons sake.  She said those things helped Outpost earn that sale as well.

Bingo.  If you aren't willing to pay what they want, you took yourself out of the sale by your own decision.  Maybe if the business closes their doors due to pricing themselves out of a market you can have a hearty "told you so" moment, but who wants to be that petty?

Edited by btq96r

Well, I admit I mighta shoulda give 'em more than two chances but like I said, Everything Weapons has been great to me thus far.  No need to drive further.

I called them out for Dbags because both times, I couldn't get them to stop BS'ing amongst themselves long enough to be bothered by me.  If they had been with another customer, I wouldn't have a thing to say about it.  Everything Weapons has ALWAYS asked me if I need something as soon as one of their associates is free to do so.  

The vindictive Ahole in me is actually quite glad to see this business deal.  I like supporting Everything Weapons and it's cool to see them taking over places I didn't care for before.  

Two thumbs up for E.W.   :up:  :up:

A few months back I took a girl I was banging to Outpost Armory when she was looking at buying her first gun.

Quit showing off :bored:

I have had mixed experiences with the outpost. I purchased my M&P from them last year after they voluntered to give me the sale price that expired a week or so before, with tax it was the same price as buds. I have also been there when the guy behind the counter wanted to argue about their over priced WASR  with me. It did not have a price tag so I asked and he told me what they wanted for it and asked how many I would like to have.... told him none at that price becuase I could get them online for a way less. He did not believe me and wanted me to show him the website. I showed him and he said that it looks like they should be ordering from them because they are selling them cheaper than he can buy them for. He was a bit of an ass even before that.