Best Metro-Nashville Gun Shops?

mhl6493

My family will be in Nashville for a conference Wednesday through Saturday. If I get some free time (not sure if I will or not), what guns shops in the area would you put on the "must stop and look" handgun list?

Since you might be limited on time, what section/area of Nashville is the conference?

The most interesting gun shop to "look around in" is Franklin Gun Shop.  Amazing selection of almost everything to hold and sample.

Now if you want to purchase something at a competitive price Franklin Gun Shop is not likely to be your place.

On the south side of Nashville The Armory near 100 Oaks and Everything Weapons in Cool Springs/Franklin will have much better prices on common items.  On the north side Guns and Leather. On the west side toward Bellevue Nashville Gun and Knife.

• Like 2
If you route up i24, you must stop at outpost armory. If staying in Brentwood, Franklin gun shop will kill some time. Very few deals will be found there but these two stops will equal a free gun show.

Lots of other good small shops around to buy from, but those are worth wondering through for entertainment.
  • Like 1

Lipscomb University area.  We'll be staying in Brentwood.

Your best bet between inbetween Lipscomb University (from which I am an alum) and Brentwood is the Nashville Armory at Harding & I-65.  Otherwise the others are a little bit south of Brentwood as mentioned below.  Everything Weapons and Franklin Gun Shop.  Guns & Leather would be very much out of your way (north of Nashville) but a good gun shop none the less. 

Edited by FJCrusing
  • Like 1

Lipscomb University area. We'll be staying in Brentwood.

Since you will be staying in Brentwood, it might be worth a drive to a new shop that just opened out in Bellevue called Regal Range. It used to be a movie theather until the flood of 2010. Not many folks know about it yet. They are still working on the ranges but the shop is fully stocked. Quite the selection IMO. The range will be 60 yards indoors when finished and at least some sections will be rated up to 50 cal, or so I'm told, if you need to do some test firing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yes, by all means, the Greenbriar Guns & Leather is a must see location. If you have the time for a bit of travel.

Without doing a mapquest search, I'm going to say that from The Lipscomb area, this shop is very close to 30 miles and about that in time from you.

both locations are really good, but the rebuilt Greenbriar store is great! Good selection and layout. Very friendly and helpful people. (Not that Hendersonville G&L is any less fun to visit, just a smaller inventory there.)

• Like 2

If you plan on shooting, then Nashville Armory is the place to go because they're close to you.  I don't visit too many gun stores (I have an addiction you see), but G&L in Greenbriar has one of the larger selections and very reasonably priced.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the recommendations.  We stopped at the Outpost Armory on the way up, and made a quick trip to the Nashville Armory once we got in town.  Both very nice stores.  Had been wanting to handle a Glock 26.  NA had a new Gen 4 for $549.  Is that a pretty good price based on the market right now?

Thanks for all the recommendations.  We stopped at the Outpost Armory on the way up, and made a quick trip to the Nashville Armory once we got in town.  Both very nice stores.  Had been wanting to handle a Glock 26.  NA had a new Gen 4 for $549.  Is that a pretty good price based on the market right now?

That seems to be the going rate for Gen 4s. They do come with 3 mags, so that helps.

• Like 1