This "Confederate Flag" Controversy is Funny!

Still a great piece of work.

The "Ride" was totally great! Moving and thought provoking. I'd say you have a gift for video creativity.

Thank you. Im finding it hard to come up with another idea like "The Ride" video. I think its my best work to date and thats why I only have that one and this General Lee video on Vimeo........YouTube is just YouTube lol 

Yeah, that video rings true on letting your inner child run free of all of the instilled do this, think this, be this crap! Just be for crying out loud. Live in the now and be free. Life is to short, don't waste it.
  • Like 1

Yeah, that video rings true on letting your inner child run free of all of the instilled do this, think this, be this crap! Just be for crying out loud. Live in the now and be free. Life is to short, don't waste it.

Agreed 

Is it sad I knew exactly what kind of car it was based on what I could see of the interior?

What? The 1969 Charger? Of course the orginal GL was an R/T IIRC and a lot of the GL clones we see are rebuilt and customized Chargers with a lot of the R/T upgrades installed after the fact. Your right about the surrealistic feeing of knowing first hand about a car from its inception, long before a silly TV show. Of course I was all about Camero's and Firebirds at that time, not that silly MOPAR stuff LOL.
  • Like 1

I grew up in the late 60's and 70's watching the Dukes, listening to Charlie Daniels with a rebel flag on the album cover, seeing it at NASCAR races and remembering no one, white or black getting all that bent out of shape about it. Now I don't "know" how it feels but I guess I can understand why some black Americans who grew up in the south during the 50's and 60's would view it offensive, maybe bringing up bad memories of being harrassed or threatened, assualted and just treated horribly, maybe had the flag shoved in their face so I personally wont display one but I seriously doubt the motivation of many who do or did in the past was to promote racism, I just can't see Charlie Daniels or the Duke boys as raging racists. I think the attitude was better back in the 70's and 80's somewhat, most people white and black didn't waste their time and energy caring all that much about the rebel flag and could even joke somewhat about silly stereotypes in movies and TV shows. Think they could make Blazing Saddles today? Or even some TV shows like Sandford And Son, one of my favorites, or the Jeffersons. Some people today are trying to force their political ideology on others by labeling them racist and phobes ect., thinking that will magically make them see the world the way they do, all that's doing is pissing them off going in a step backwards.

• Like 3

I grew up in the late 60's and 70's watching the Dukes, listening to Charlie Daniels with a rebel flag on the album cover, seeing it at NASCAR races and remembering no one, white or black getting all that bent out of shape about it. Now I don't "know" how it feels but I guess I can understand why some black Americans who grew up in the south during the 50's and 60's would view it offensive, maybe bringing up bad memories of being harrassed or threatened, assualted and just treated horribly, maybe had the flag shoved in their face so I personally wont display one but I seriously doubt the motivation of many who do or did in the past was to promote racism, I just can't see Charlie Daniels or the Duke boys as raging racists. I think the attitude was better back in the 70's and 80's somewhat, most people white and black didn't waste their time and energy caring all that much about the rebel flag and could even joke somewhat about silly stereotypes in movies and TV shows. Think they could make Blazing Saddles today? Or even some TV shows like Sandford And Son, one of my favorites, or the Jeffersons. Some people today are trying to force their political ideology on others by labeling them racist and phobes ect., thinking that will magically make them see the world the way they do, all that's doing is pissing them off going in a step backwards.

I couldn't agree more sir!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, funny video by the way, I saw it when you first posted it a couple of months ago.

I saw the video a few month ago in Maryland when I still lived there.  I literally laughed out loud when I first saw it.

Thanks

Robert

I like that last line. As a kid I was never allowed to have motorcycles but always wanted one. In my late 20's my mom came to visit and I came down the drive way to meet her on a hopped up CRF50 that had a ton of mods, she then saw the other five bikes in my garage and I told her "all I wanted as a child was one of these (pointing at the crf50,) but I didn't get one so I made up for it by getting these."

Like the video both times too and agree that the controversy is hilarious. 

To me, it's similar to the fact that a Native American with a swastika tattoo does NOT mean the same thing as a neo-Nazi with a Swastika tattoo, but a Jewish person may not appreciate the difference.

Edited by BigK