Glock 43

willis68

Any of you own a Glock 43? If so How do you like it? I am strongly considering picking up one of these as long as Plus P ammo will work I plan on keeping it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense I know all other Glocks can handle this I just want to be sure the mighty little 43 can 

I don't have one, I have two :-)   I love the gun for concealed carry, and I bought one for my wife as well.   Both have been perfect in function so far, and they're just the right size to be comfortable, but easily concealable.  Basically, it's the carry pistol I've been waiting for for years. 

Cheers,

Rusty

• Like 1
I got my 43 eleven days after it was released. I love it! I use Critical Defense ammo in all of my Glocks with zero issues. The only things that I have added to the 43 are Talon rubber grips and TFX night sights. The pistol disappears when worn iwb and has become my go to pistol when I don't care to carry my 19.
  • Like 1

Any of you own a Glock 43? If so How do you like it? I am strongly considering picking up one of these as long as Plus P ammo will work I plan on keeping it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense I know all other Glocks can handle this I just want to be sure the mighty little 43 can

Looks like we aren't too far from each other. I typically shoot in Gallatin but PM if you want to handle/shoot it before you get one.
So far what I'm seeing and hearing from others is the 43 is doing pretty good overall. It's not per say a pocket gun but can go that route with the right pants pocket set up. Here are the pluses I've determined: it's fairly ergonomic with enough of a grip angle to feel good in hand. Aftermarket sights and accessories are available and so are factory magazines. It will handle as much +p ammo as your hand can comfortable shoot through said gun.
I've been on the fence about the 43 or the Shield and both have + & - that are more subjective then inherent so at the end of the first production year I'll start looking for a 43.

I'll be at the TWRA range tomorrow at 10:00 if you want to try my G43.  It has the Dawson Precision Optical sights.  (look for the old guy with a black hat and CMP patch) 

-Ron

I really like that Glock 43 myself and been fondling one at the local gun shop. The sales guy behind the counter wears one in his OWB holster. 

I'm trying to convince myself why I need one as... I have a G-26 that I like and is about the same size as the G-23 and has just a little more stopping power. Neither pistol will fit functionally or comfortably in my pockets. My little Ruger LCP is just the right size for pocket carry and be able to get a purchase on it "while standing". 

Another of my considerations is the price of .380 practice ammo vs. 9mm cost. I'm really, really trying to convince myself why I need that 43  :yum:

If I didn't already own a G-26 I'd be the proud owner of that neat little popper topper.

Let's do a little comparison:

Glock 43: 6+1, sort of typical thickness, but single stack kind, really stiff trigger, price +/- $499.

Ruger LC9s: 7+1, thinner, MUCH better trigger, price +/- $399.

So, what's to like about the 43? Nothin' I see.

(I know; some guys hate it when I'm right. ;) )

Edited by Steelharp

Glock 43: 6+1, sort of typical thickness, but single stack kind, really stiff trigger, price +/- $499.

But... it ain't a Glock. :) I'm going to wind up getting a 43 as well. Already have a 42.

yes I love mine. Put Talon grips on and it runs well with all ammo I tested . I did not try Hornady. I run Federal HST 124gr. I am waiting for the +2 extensions.

I just put the Talon grips on my Tavor, it is outstanding!

• Like 1

IMHO, horrid little guns with TERRIBLE triggers. Opinions, huh?? Besides, I haven't owned anything with the Ruger name on it since old Bill sold us out on the AWB.

38e4250a9f066d939f917b8cc4b4d4e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Some people are unteachable... ;)

Disregard all comments from this former Glock fanboy. lol He's highly fickled in his leanings on firearms.

Why he even convinced me to get a Walther PPQ and a Canick. How can you trust him??? :rofl:  :rofl:

Seriously though, Steelharp is pretty gun smart. Don't discount his comments that quickly.

I've had a lot of the "pocket" nines in my personal search for the "perfect" one. It's all very much an individual decision.

I'm happy now with my Shield...for now. And I have the opportunity now to wring out an LC9s, so I'll see how it strikes me. 

As far as the G43, not really liking the trigger. But that's a personal taste sort of thing. But...I've had to retract comments before, so I'll see what happens next.

• Like 1

Glad you like the LC9s so much but I don't care for it and that's the way it is with particular guns, some folks love a particular gun others don't. Initial cost of a handgun can be deceptive unless you factor in its anticipated service life and how well it holds its value over time. As to the typical thickness, the G43's slide and grip are narrower then the G-26's which depending on the end purchaser can be the deciding factor.  

• Like 1