Glock 43

willis68

IMHO, horrid little guns with TERRIBLE triggers. 

You got the wrong gun. The trigger on the LC9 sucks so badly that they had to redesign the gun. The 9S is a striker gun, and is the result of the redesign. I agree about Bill. Need to dig him up and beat his ass again. Libtards are STILL stuck on 10 rounds.

As a very happy Shield owner I will not bother to replace the Shield with a 43, but the 43 is a nice piece. If you can get a 43 on the blue Label discount it makes sense; otherwise I have seen Shields for $339. I have not actually shot a LC9s but there is no way that the trigger improvements over the D/A LC9 help with the snappy recoil. Not that it matters but the finish on the LC9 can not even compare to the finish of the 43 or Shield.

IMHO, horrid little guns with TERRIBLE triggers. Opinions, huh?? Besides, I haven't owned anything with the Ruger name on it since old Bill sold us out on the AWB.

38e4250a9f066d939f917b8cc4b4d4e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what sights are those?

I own both, and greatly prefer my shield. Better trigger, higher capacity. And at least for me, better shooting. (Not to mention that the shields are $100+ cheaper around here).
Also, my 43 magazines tend to snag in the mag well, because Gaston's ghost hates me.

Picked up one 3 weeks ago and it's my new belly band/running/bike riding gun.  Trigger was noticeably heavier than any other Glock I've dry fired, so I put a Ghost Edge connector in it and now it feels normal.  Also put a Vickers Tactical extended slide stop on it and now I can actually drop the slide with the slide stop (southpaw).  Still waiting on sights from Ameriglo.  It's my new favorite gun and I'll probably get another soon for the blond.  Can't wait to get rid of the Kahrs. 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 2

As a very happy Shield owner I will not bother to replace the Shield with a 43, but the 43 is a nice piece. If you can get a 43 on the blue Label discount it makes sense; otherwise I have seen Shields for $339. I have not actually shot a LC9s but there is no way that the trigger improvements over the D/A LC9 help with the snappy recoil. Not that it matters but the finish on the LC9 can not even compare to the finish of the 43 or Shield.

I've owned a Shield for a couple of years. Great little pistol, but like others, the only reason that I purchased it was because Glock wasn't offering a single stack 9mm at the time.

$.25 trigger job and the Ghost Edge connector in my 43 and I have a very nice 5 1/2 lb trigger. And I love my 43, so much so that I sold both my Shield and XDs.

I'd like to sell my Shield, but my wife likes the pretty little green laser on it and wants to keep it in the safe.

IMHO, horrid little guns with TERRIBLE triggers. Opinions, huh?? Besides, I haven't owned anything with the Ruger name on it since old Bill sold us out on the AWB.

Bill's dead. Get over it. Ruger makes very fine guns with increased capacity mags now.

Bill's dead. Get over it. Ruger makes very fine guns with increased capacity mags now.

Yeah. The Glock clones trifecta and KT clones. Then there's the 22 RF's. But on the plus side the aforementioned are fairly priced good quality pistols.   

I own a 43 and have ran about 100 rounds of +P through it as thats what I intend on carrying once I get my HCP.  I'm extremely happy with it. I think it's heavily criticized as its late to the game, but coupled with the +2 baseplates, I think its ONE of the best options in the single stack 9mm carry realm.  I wouldn't hesitate to get one at all!

• Like 1

Nah, I'll stick to my principals on that one. Even if I didn't, Ruger doesn't build a pistol that even remotely interests me, even if I might save $75.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 1 month later...

Just got a 43 . I like it except the heavy trigger. I'm going to give it around a 100 rounds or so then see what happens before I polish anything or use a Ghost item in it. I want to keep it all stock. It may say 5.5lbs on the box but it's waaaayyyyyy heavier than that .

Edited by tercel89
Willis, I second FTE's setup. We have almost identical carries with Taran +2 and +1 grips and Trijicon HDs. I'm 6'1 with decent sized hands and I carry the +2 in the gun and it fits my hand perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1