looks like we're getting a new dog

dunndw

back story- House next door is rental property. The owner does a good job screening the people pretty well. The current renter(s) are college girls who didn't want to stay in the dorms. Friends over, no problems.

They love dogs...especially Boxers. One of them brought one home as a rescue.

Now...they are moving out. The dog left, was brought back, left again, and now is back again. He looks awful, skinny, bad breath, no food or water. My wife nad her sister flew into a FIT when they saw him. They cleaned up the trash he strewed all over the yard, took him some food and water.

Now...my wife comes home, calls the girl...1st words out of her mouth to the girl is "what the H#LL is going on with Laredo (The Boxer)

Long story short, the girl tried to take him back and they won't answer the phone or the door now so she had to bring him back. She's moving a apartment had can't keep him. She was going to put him on Craigslist.

My wife said screw that...I want him. They evidently came to some arrangement

So...now we have a 14 year old Shelard/Chow mix with hip dysplasia and apparently a 3 year old Boxer will be coming to live with us sooner rather than later. I was in the office working when the wife came in, kissed my face and said I'll be right back, I'm taking *Rob* to the vet to see why he's so skinny.

So much for waiting until Simba (Shepard/Chow mix) passes on, and getting Dobermans....:D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a 20 month old Boxer named Maggie. She is my wife's dog, really! I did not want a dog, but we did the research anyways. Boxers make awesome pets. Ours is a 55lb lap dog. She loves people, our 13 yr old son, and other dogs too. You will be happy with your new dog, and you new gun!! Let us know what you get.

Talk about a coincedence,I am reading this and my Boxer comes in the room and walks around and then goes out again like he was summoned or something.I think he is pisssed at the smell of the pine sol(I just mopped the house).

Guest superdrew4000

I love Boxers. My parent's and all of my mother's side of the family all have boxers. Amazing dogs. I'm waiting until my wife's dog goes to her eternal reward before we get one. Can't wait! Boxers rock!

Guest pjblurton

Taking care of God's creatures is one of the things we're here for. That's going to be a nice chunk of Karma on your side. I am sure you (and your wife's) kindness will be returned to you sooner than later.

He's a good boy. He's still living next door until we make sure he doesn't have worms. Don't want our other dog to get anything.

We went over last night with water and milk bones. It was the 1st time I actually met him. Hind of stand offish, but sweet once he figured out my pocket was the milkbone storehouse. :-) he's dehydrated and is only 590 pounds according to the vet. The wife have no problems with him at all taking him to the vet by herself last night.

I think...as long as our current dog doesn't have any issues we'll be fine.

I've decided his name is now Zeus.

He's a good boy. He's still living next door until we make sure he doesn't have worms. Don't want our other dog to get anything.

We went over last night with water and milk bones. It was the 1st time I actually met him. Hind of stand offish, but sweet once he figured out my pocket was the milkbone storehouse. :-) he's dehydrated and is only 590 pounds according to the vet. The wife have no problems with him at all taking him to the vet by herself last night.

I think...as long as our current dog doesn't have any issues we'll be fine.

I've decided his name is now Zeus.

590 lbs?! He should be quite the crime deterrent...

Boxers are great dogs and Dobermans are too, my fav are the Dobes but Boxers are next on the list.

Maybe once your senior dog passes you can slip a pretty female Doberman into the mix. :D Not another male though cause they will fight and it ain't pretty.

Congrats on Zeus, he will make a great addition.

So far...not any REAL problems. Simba..the queen/diva of the home is not taking to him very well yet. No real fights..but tons and tons and tons. or barking. I've had to intervene twice so far. He's trying to be a good member of the pack until I have to scold Simba, then he decided to get into it.

Right now I've got Simba at my feet just staring at Zeus who is curled up on his bed snoring at everyone

He's not going to like me very much in a couple of weeks when we take him into the fex to get fixed.