Picture comparison on G27 & G23

I have been meaning to get around to doing this for a while now. I know the subject comes up often about the size comparison between the 23 and 27 glocks. I have both and thought I would take some pics for those of you that have need to see them compared.

Some of the pics have my mag with the pinkie extension and some have the regular mag. in them, my extension does not give me any more capacity.

I find that the 27 conceals easier for me because the back of the grip is what usually prints when carrying IWB and as you can see from the pics the grip of the 27 with the extension is not as long as the 23.

DSCN0078.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me that is very little difference and you have a full grip with the mag removed with the 23.JMO.

It makes a lot more difference when put in a holster than the pic would indicate. I would rather carry a 23, but sometimes go with this exact setup for better concealment. That extra 1/2" of backstrap on the 23 sometimes pokes out at the worst of times. Bobtail 1911s use the same logic. Here are two pics I took a while back illustrating the same thing:

g27_008_25.JPG

g27_007_mod.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.