Marlin 336 RC 35 Rem.

Sidinman

Here's a couple more pics. and one of a target from a day ago.

The target is at 50 yds. using a 200gr. lead pill and 24.0 grs of IMR4198, in the first six shots. and the last 2 at top were 24.5 grs. Then 2 at the bottom were the first after getting it on paper then the 4 in the middle were after another slight adjustment of the rear sight.http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/sidinslinger/Mobile%20Uploads/20150710_094624_zpscrjt60gz.jpg~originalhttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/sidinslinger/Mobile%20Uploads/20150711_134216_zps7ok0kesh.jpg~originalhttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/sidinslinger/Mobile%20Uploads/20150710_092035_zpsrhcymco2.jpg~original

• Like 1

My neighbor deer hunts with one like it. I've shot it before. It's a fine rifle. Ammo's getting a bit tough to find, but I love the older Marlins. At one time, they were the best deal going on the used market. Today, it seems people have learned this, and they command a pretty good price. A quality rifle indeed.

• Like 1

back in 72/73 i got one for $75.00 new with several boxes of ammo.  i guy i knew got it and had rent coming up.  his wife pitch a fit when she found out he got a new deer gun and could not pay the rent.  he did not even get a chance to shoot it.  i paid the rent, took the gun and ammo home.  still got it, one hell of a gun for just about anything you can get into around here.  i get my ammo from wal mart and sometimes reload it.  the 35 rem and 30-30 lever guns are the best all around rifle in my book. 

• Like 1
I had a '72 model that I used for several years. I loved that rifle but for some reason traded it off. I recently ran across an '81 model that looks like a new one. It cost me but I brought it home. It is hard to beat the 35Rem, especially in a Marlin, for close range deer hunting. I usually carry my 308 or 6.8SPCII but I look forward to getting the 35 back out this fall.
  • Like 1

My younger brother has dad's old .35 336C with the half magazine tube, nice walnut ... cool gun. Ammo seems hard to find though. Dad killed his deer every year with this rifle, the only rifle he ever owned and did it since the early sixties when he bought it.

Seems nowadays, me included, we feel we need at least three of four deer rifles. It was just a different generation back then on needs and wants.  :pleased:

• Like 1
200g lead pill? Well that won't cut it. What mold?

If you ain't using an RCBS 35-200 your cheating yourself. It may be the finest 35 caliber bullet ever designed for the 35 remington. I kept mine just in case I ever get back into 35 remington. I ended getting into 358 Winchester so I still use it on occasion but prefer a 230g Thor. The 230g probably wouldn't feed in the Marlin though. Too long I'm betting.

A 35 Remington with a 200g cast bullet is a bang flop cartridge. Put it in the engine room and deer just die, right there.
  • Like 1

Caster I'm lookin fer one as we type.

I have the Lyman 358315, use it for practice.

Bought a couple hundred of the 35-200's from a fella over on castboolits last year.

Runnin a little low. Been trying to find a used mold.

But always seem to be a day late.

Guess I'll have to break down and buy a new one.

I have the 358315 too. Never cared for it, too much unsupported nose. It's not really a bore rider so the nose can and will wander under the stress of heavier loads. ....but then again, I don't much care for bore riders either.

Hit me up this winter and I might cast you a few 35-200's when start casting again. Until daytime temps top out around 50 degrees, I ain't casting nothing! Lol!
  • Like 1

I have the 358315 too. Never cared for it, too much unsupported nose. It's not really a bore rider so the nose can and will wander under the stress of heavier loads. ....but then again, I don't much care for bore riders either.

Hit me up this winter and I might cast you a few 35-200's when start casting again. Until daytime temps top out around 50 degrees, I ain't casting nothing! Lol!

LOL! I need to cast some more 520 gr, .459s but todays temp was 95 with a feels like of 105 degrees.  I'm waiting for it to get down to 92 or so :D.

• Like 1