Good news!!!

I guess most of you read the post I made about the guy blocking his number and then calling me up and threatening to beat my head into mush about week or 10 days ago. The police were actually able to do a back check with the information my phone server provided and tracking where the voice mail originated from his phone. They found out who he is and also that he has an arrest record and is on probation right now. He lives in Westmoreland. They have issued a warrant for his arrest because of the threats he made on my life. The Gallatin Police Officer told me that they will be making an arrest very soon and ask if I would be willing to testify at his trial and I assured them that I would. At the present time I cannot reveal his name and to be all honest I never thought any more about the issue until the officer just left my home a few minutes ago. I am glad for the great police work which I didn't think would happen did happen.......... :up: :up:

• Like 17

Well, hopefully he'll get some hard time for violating his probation. Because rest assured if he doesn't, you've likely made a new best friend.

They're likely a moron who would blame you for going jail instead of their own stupidity. 

Well, hopefully he'll get some hard time for violating his probation. Because rest assured if he doesn't, you've likely made a new best friend.

They're likely a moron who would blame you for going jail instead of their own stupidity. 

I wish I could tell how many times I have seen this. One thing I have learned is that no amount of jail time, punishment, threats of life in prison, etc. will make a damn bit of difference until a person decides for themselves that they need to change their behavior. Then, and only then, will they begin to act like an adult.

• Like 1

I asked the officer what he was on probation for and he was not able to tell me. He did say that he might get some jail time for the violation but said he couldn't guarantee that either. I know either way he is not going to be happy with me and I surely hope he is not stupid enough to try and get even because I got him busted. I hate looking over my shoulder every time I go out but should he be so stupid and come after me he better be sure that he is successful the first time because if he fails he will never be able to try twice........jmho

I wish I could tell how many times I have seen this. One thing I have learned is that no amount of jail time, punishment, threats of life in prison, etc. will make a damn bit of difference until a person decides for themselves that they need to change their behavior. Then, and only then, will they begin to act like an adult.

Same way with alcoholics and drug addicts, it's nothing more than the lack of wanting to stop or willpower.

I asked the officer what he was on probation for and he was not able to tell me. He did say that he might get some jail time for the violation but said he couldn't guarantee that either. I know either way he is not going to be happy with me and I surely hope he is not stupid enough to try and get even because I got him busted. I hate looking over my shoulder every time I go out but should he be so stupid and come after me he better be sure that he is successful the first time because if he fails he will never be able to try twice........jmho

Arrive to court early and note what he drives. Study his face and mannerisms and commit them to memory. Become extra vigilant in your daily activities. You never have to look over your shoulder if you have good situational awareness. You will see it coming.
  • Like 1
If he is on probation in Sumner County chances are he will get some time. I would go ahead and get a order of protection or restraining order along with the judge orderinghim no contact or stay away. Judge Hunter doesn't like people disobeying a court order.
  • Like 3

If he is on probation in Sumner County chances are he will get some time. I would go ahead and get a order of protection or restraining order along with the judge ordering him no contact or stay away. Judge Hunter doesn't like people disobeying a court order.

I have zero use for that piece of paper telling a bad guy to stay away from someone. That piece of paper has gotten way to many people killed as they will feel a false sense of security and let their guard down. I already know what he drives. An old beat up light tan Toyota Pick up. Many a woman has been killed by a bad guy that has all kinds of papers telling the bad guy to stay away yet the woman is still dead. I am guessing the judge may order a restraining order against him without my asking because of the voice mail where he threatened me if he ever saw me again. Like I said earlier, if he tries anything he better be successful the first time cause he won't get a second chance. He also won't get to see another courtroom.

If he is on probation in Sumner County chances are he will get some time. I would go ahead and get a order of protection or restraining order along with the judge orderinghim no contact or stay away. Judge Hunter doesn't like people disobeying a court order.

What judge DOES like it? :squint:

I have zero use for that piece of paper telling a bad guy to stay away from someone. That piece of paper has gotten way to many people killed as they will feel a false sense of security and let their guard down. I already know what he drives. An old beat up light tan Toyota Pick up. Many a woman has been killed by a bad guy that has all kinds of papers telling the bad guy to stay away yet the woman is still dead. I am guessing the judge may order a restraining order against him without my asking because of the voice mail where he threatened me if he ever saw me again. Like I said earlier, if he tries anything he better be successful the first time cause he won't get a second chance. He also won't get to see another courtroom.

Bersa, it's not about simply giving someone a false sense of security.  Anyone who believes a piece of paper will protect them is ignorant, but that isn't the issue.

It's about having a legal means to prosecute the guy again for being stupid if and when he does something he shouldn't.  Get the restraining order, it may end up alleviating more issues down the road.  And on another note, I would recommend you edit your responses.  If something should happen by some off chance, that is premeditation.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I have zero use for that piece of paper telling a bad guy to stay away from someone. That piece of paper has gotten way to many people killed as they will feel a false sense of security and let their guard down. 

Letting your guard down is bad.  Having the piece of paper to help prove you were in fear for your life a bonus on the the Prosecutor lottery if you happen to have to defend yourself.  Anything that helps you if you have to defend yourself in a wrongful death suit or manslaughter trial is a good thing.

Thanks

Robert

Well, had our day in court. He was told by the judge that he is already on probation for another charge so evidently you don't learn to quick. I'm sure you might learn a lesson with 30 days in jail but because the person that you were so stupid as to threaten has requested to not want you to serve any time. He is only doing this because he has learned you have a family and a mortgage and are self employed. For this you can thank him because I was going to give you 30 days in jail. The only thing he requested was that I extend your probation for another two years. The judge added two more years to his probation and told him if he he came back up in front of him he would serve 11-29 in county jail. After court the guy made it a point to find me in the court house and thank me personally because he was really struggling to make ends meet right now and 30 days in jail would have cost him several small jobs he has scheduled that will help him dig out of the hole he is in. I had a friend in Sumner County Sheriffs look into the guys back ground and it was pretty much what I figured. Guy was just going through a few rough times and that was why he did what he did but after speaking with him for a few minutes I don't think he is the kind of guy that would smash anyone's head in. I know some folks here are not going to agree with my actions but it is hard for me to kick someone when they are already down...............jmho

• Like 4

dude is not going to do anything.

He is shooting off his mouth and making threats to get a rise out of you.  If he wanted to bash your head he would have already done it.

My guess is he is a gutless punk.   

I have had to deal with a pillhead up the street.  He has threatened me in the past.  I told him to bring it.   Have not heard a peep out of him since.

dude is not going to do anything.

He is shooting off his mouth and making threats to get a rise out of you.  If he wanted to bash your head he would have already done it.

My guess is he is a gutless punk.   

I have had to deal with a pillhead up the street.  He has threatened me in the past.  I told him to bring it.   Have not heard a peep out of him since.

Well, it might not but I am willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and I think with what the judge told him about doing a year if he broke probation might help. I think everyone has bad days and good days and he is not laying on his ass doing nothing. He is working hard to take care of his family............jmho

I knew folks might think I did not do enough but the judge added more to his probation and added the year in jail if he messed up again and I think that may have meant more than a piece of paper that almost nobody honors anyway. I just have a hard time kicking someone that is already down.............................. :shrug: :shrug:

What you choose to do or have already chosen to do in the case in question is your business, your choosing to share the end results is equally your business. I will say I'm in agreement with EssOne but also understand your viewpoint in this matter. I'll also speculate this individual you encountered has some serious anger control issues that are compounded by the position he's already placed himself in. It is charatible to hope he gets his life turned around and continues to provide for his family. But on the other hand experence has taught me such individuals generally have to age out of their perdeliction for such actions.