Ruger Precision Rifle

Sniper hide, on youtube, does a one minute test out to 450 yards against a 7,000 dollar AI rifle. I think he was 18 for 18 with the AI and 14 of 14 with the Ruger. There are some other test of the rifle on youtube as well. I have custom 700's and several other sniper systems I plan on shooting against it in the future to see how it compares. One things for sure the price is great! I got mine for 920 so another 880 on a Burris scope and some nice rings for 150 and I will take a bipod of another rifle and I am still under 2,000. 

These look pretty cool. I would like to see an unbiased test against something like the Remington 700 VLS or a comparable Savage. If that is possible. biggrin.gif

• 4 months later...

Picked one up in .308 today!!  ... maybe in honor of the SOTU Address.  ??

Anway, it is a .308 bolt in a 20" barrel, ... a little heavier than what I might put together, but I couldn't touch it for the price.   I had shyed away from the idea after holding a 6.5 creedmore (26" barrel)... it was heaaavy.   This is the first one in .308 I had laid hands on, and it felt perfect.   

Now to decide which brake/supressor host to put on it... hmmmm....

most places cant hold on to them and few selling right msrp.  Cant think of the guys name that does a lot of reloading videos and unboxing stuff is it Gallen Tube?  Anyway he did a review with the 6.5 guys might find it on utube, been keeping my eye open for one as well.

Picked one up in .308 today!!  ... maybe in honor of the SOTU Address.  ??

Anway, it is a .308 bolt in a 20" barrel, ... a little heavier than what I might put together, but I couldn't touch it for the price.   I had shyed away from the idea after holding a 6.5 creedmore (26" barrel)... it was heaaavy.   This is the first one in .308 I had laid hands on, and it felt perfect.   

Now to decide which brake/supressor host to put on it... hmmmm....

Peace , Did they have a 6.5 in stock as you said it was heavy?

No dice on the 6.5, though they did have one back before Christmas...      *AND.... it was the .243 that has the 26" barrel.  That's the one I remember as being heavy as an anchor.

All that said, with glass mounted and a bipod, this .308 is pretty hefty itself!   ... if it's a shooter, I won't care.

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

Yep, I’m actively looking for one myself. $399 looks like street price.

Online, it's sold out/out of stock. 

It'll probably be better to search in person locally until the supply builds up. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1