Ashley Madison Hacked

• Admin Team
Between this and the Adult Friend Finder breach earlier this year, hackers may be sitting on some valuable data. Unlike your typical retail breach which may provide a credit card number that is worth a dollar or two, these sites contain personal details that can be used for blackmail.

Assuming some overlap in their datasets, they've got data on approximately 10% of the population. How many people with security clearances do you think are in there? How about elected officials with access to sensitive information?

While this may seem like simple revenge on its merits, there's a lot more to this one.

All the same, though - I bet a lot of people are sweating right now - for a lot of reasons.

Figure this, too. 10% is a big number and data sets like this are generally representative of the population at large - accounting for some duplicate accounts. Even so, you can figure they've got the data on 2000-2500 TGO members.
  • Like 1

This attack wasn't based from a moral dilemma, it was a bunch of thugs trying to extort money out of a company.  medals?  please.  I don't agree with anything that was going on, on that site but I don't wish them ill.  Same principle with the anti-gunners, I don't sit at the desk twiddling my thumbs hoping someone breaks in their house, ties them all up and robs them of everything at gunpoint.  I just say they're retarded and go about my business.

• Like 1

In TN it's a civil, not criminal violation...IOW you cannot be arrested for adultery here. There's no question that adultery is despicable but its just as despicable for the male violator as it is for the female violator. Try to list adultery as cause for divorce in TN and let me know how that works out for you. I'll clue you in...you'll spend a ton of money for little or no satisfaction in a no fault divorce state.  

???

Adultery is one of about 15 of the possible grounds for divorce in TN.

If one party does not agree under the irreconcilable differences ("no fault") clause, then one of the others must be used as the grounds. Certainly, adultery is not necessarily more difficult to prove than some of the others.

- OS

I took a vow 20 years ago to remain faithful to my wife until death do us part.

It is a shame that in today's society most people's word is worthless.

You can damn religion all you want, but the absence of it is the root of this country's downfall.

The absence of religion has nothing to do with adultery.  At one point, It must have been widespread enough to require a commandment against it...whenever the exact date that was actually written down, it was still a long, long time ago.   So this isn't a new societal issue by any means.

Even in our countries most religious times, men and women cheated on their spouses,   Sites like ashleymadison.com just make it a modern thing like TGO is a modern equivalent of the taverns where people met to be social back in the day.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

???

Adultery is one of about 15 of the possible grounds for divorce in TN.

If one party does not agree under the irreconcilable differences ("no fault") clause, then one of the others must be used as the grounds. Certainly, adultery is not necessarily more difficult to prove than some of the others.

- OS

Yep it's there. It's also a lengthy, expensive process which can still be amended to irreconcilable differences with the possibility of marital misconduct being attached as well. Divorce Courts in TN now require Mediation, its easier to get a divorce but some instances can bind things up. In the end it comes down to who has the most money for the best attorneys most of the time.       

Yep it's there. It's also a lengthy, expensive process which can still be amended to irreconcilable differences with the possibility of marital misconduct being attached as well. Divorce Courts in TN now require Mediation, its easier to get a divorce but some instances can bind things up. In the end it comes down to who has the most money for the best attorneys most of the time.

Is the legal system really so fucked up that if proof of adultery beyond a reasonable doubt is presented that it can just be downsized that easily? Marriage is essentially a contract of lifelong monogamy between two people, and if one of those two violates that contract they should be in deep shit. Simple as that. No technicalities or deviations need apply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk Edited by Ted S.

The absence of religion has nothing to do with adultery.  At one point, It must have been widespread enough to require a commandment against it...whenever the exact date that was actually written down, it was still a long, long time ago.   So this isn't a new societal issue by any means.

Even in our countries most religious times, men and women cheated on their spouses,   Sites like ashleymadison.com just make it a modern thing like TGO is a modern equivalent of the taverns where people met to be social back in the day.

Sure it does. The bible is the place where I got the idea to not cheat on my wife. :wave:

At the end of the day, what another adult decides to do in their life is no business of mine unless it directly affects me or my pocketbook.  If someone wants to cheat on their wife, that is on them.  I don't want them telling me how to live my life and I don't need to judge them on living theirs.  

I think everyone needs to worry less about what other people are doing in their personal lives and worry about themselves.  I guess that is asking for too much these days.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

So you were just born knowing right from wrong?

What Ted said.  I didn't need Christianity to teach me what's right and wrong.  I get that it can be helpful, but there are multiple ways to learn morality, and via religion is by no means the only one that works.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

Without a religious basis, what's the point?  

That's not meant in either a facetious or preachy manner.  I'm simply curious as to other peoples' thinking.  I can look at it from a couple of different viewpoints, but I really find myself coming back to Fyodor Dostoyevsky who may have had a valid point when he said that, "without religion, everything is permitted."

• Like 4
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian and used to be agnostic, but I know of plenty of people that live their life according to non aggression and non coercion, not because of God but because they understand how they would want to be treated by others and strive to live by that axiom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk Edited by Ted S.
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

Common sense. 

Common sense was a thing that left behind after we entered the 21st century for the most part. I fail to see it taught in schools, government or even by parents lately. I suppose you have to have some common sense in order to teach it though. Therein lies  the problem.

• Authorized Vendor

Without a religious basis, what's the point?  

That's not meant in either a facetious or preachy manner.  I'm simply curious as to other peoples' thinking.  I can look at it from a couple of different viewpoints, but I really find myself coming back to Fyodor Dostoyevsky who may have had a valid point when he said that, "without religion, everything is permitted."

I see and agree where you're coming from but be ready for a rebuttal from those that believe religion is either non existent or a waste of time.....just sayin'.

• Admin Team

I see and agree where you're coming from but be ready for a rebuttal from those that believe religion is either non existent or a waste of time.....just sayin'.

Expected, for sure.  I'm genuinely interested in how folks work through stuff like this.