What's up with all the dragonflies?

jh225

They're microdrones.  First they fly around and record your habits, next thing you know, you've been classified as an untrainable and the MRAPS will be showing up soon to shuffle you off to the FEMA death camps.

• Like 4
Seems to be a plethora of all kinds of bugs this summer. Wasps, slugs, spiders. Dragonflies. I've even seen Japanese beetles. I haven't seen those in years.

Oddly, but fortunately, I have yet to see the first yellow jacket. It's an odd year. Nature can be funny sometimes.

Some pretty funny replies. :pleased:

Crazy how there are folks who have none, and other's like myself have a zillion. I have a stock pond, but they are all over, not just near the pond. Freakin' crazy how many there are. Just like with the stupid cicada's a month ago.

Seems to be a plethora of all kinds of bugs this summer. Wasps, slugs, spiders. Dragonflies. I've even seen Japanese beetles. I haven't seen those in years.

Oddly, but fortunately, I have yet to see the first yellow jacket. It's an odd year. Nature can be funny sometimes.

Didn't even think about the Japanese beetles. Went through 5 bags filled up.

I think the insect apocalypse is here. :ugh:

I have noticed more dragonflies at the River by my house than last year. The river is full of Hydrilla and the Bass love to try and eat them off the mats, makes for great Frog fishing.

What river would that be XxthejuicexX? I live in the B'oro also. Would love to get in on some of that bass fishing. Are you talking about the Stones River?

Not just west TN.  I have noticed a larger number of them than usual this year, as well.  Not so much in the city but out in the rural area on the Roane/Loudon County line where I live.  I normally see them mostly around bodies of water when fishing with only a few elsewhere but this year I have seen several in my yard and other places not right around the water.  Not an inordinate number but certainly more than I normally see.  Some of them have also been noticeably larger than I normally see, as well.  I guess conditions were just 'right' for them this year.  On the way home the other day, on one of the back roads I drive getting there, I noticed a really big one flying alongside my truck for quite a distance (hmmmm - maybe they really are robotic drones!)

Edited by JAB

I think ya'll are talking about Willowflies and not dragonflies. They are everywhere that has water anywhere nearby. They actually come every year but as the water in many areas have became cleaner it has caused an increase in the amount of Williowflies in many areas also. Every state along the Mississippi River said that are having record amounts of them this year from Minnesota to Mississippi. We are also having an abundent crop of Cicada's this year in many areas. Who ever said the fish are happy hit it on the head. Fish love Willowflies and Cicada's............................... :up:   

12f88de621c4ac751f0e1a4da7bd052f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

I think ya'll are talking about Willowflies and not dragonflies. They are everywhere that has water anywhere nearby. They actually come every year but as the water in many areas have became cleaner it has caused an increase in the amount of Williowflies in many areas also. Every state along the Mississippi River said that are having record amounts of them this year from Minnesota to Mississippi. We are also having an abundent crop of Cicada's this year in many areas. Who ever said the fish are happy hit it on the head. Fish love Willowflies and Cicada's............................... :up:   

We always called them may flies.... 

Willow/May fly

SDC11317.jpg

Dragon fly

images%5Cdragonfly.gif

Dragon flies come in every color of the rainbow, have huge eyes, and they have 2 pairs of wings.