TGO SBR build done! *ADDED RANGE REPORT!!*

After having the stamp for almost a year, I finally, FINALLY got my first sbr build done. I got derailed from this build several times by house renovations and various other life events. All I need now is a CMT bcg. I forgot to put the charging handle in the rifle before I took the pictures as well. Oh well, you guys get the idea. As you can see, this is my TGO lower set that we have had for what, almost 2 years now?

Parts used are:

VLTOR imod stock kit
CMMG lower build kit w/o fcg
Geissele sd3g trigger
Tango down bg-17 grip (love it)
SLR Rifleworks 10" solo ultra lite hg
SLR Rifleworks sentry 7 adjustable gas block
Rainier Arms 10.5" select 5.56 barrel
Eotech xps2

Im sure some of you notice the YHM Phantom QD muzzle brake on the end of the barrel. Just a hint of things to come shortly!

Needless to say I cant WAIT to shoot it and get the gas block tuned. This thing should run like a sewing machine. Anyways on to the pics. Sorry for the lack luster cell phone pics. Im by no means a photographer!

d93c382ffa06488dd61f891fa7bb4561.jpg

62124643348fdff29305672d9b9a2501.jpg

54c7d4b4032a3d1d032d0db1ec24ae83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by reed1285
  • Like 7
Thanks guys. Its been a long time coming, so glad to be done with it. I will probably just throw my BCM bcg from another ar of mine in this rifle until CMT bcg's get back in stock.

Dude. Super sweet! I haven't really cared about SBRs before, but now I got one buddy tempting me, and then you post THAT. Geez.

Good thing I just bought a box full of lowers, huh? :-D

Go for it man! You wont regret it!

Dude. Super sweet! I haven't really cared about SBRs before, but now I got one buddy tempting me, and then you post THAT. Geez.

Good thing I just bought a box full of lowers, huh? :-D

After a year of owning an SBR, my 16" AR feels like it's the size of a musket.  SBR's are awesome to shoot, and very practical for home defense.  Not that I'm happy with all the rules around them, but from a cost benefit analysis, it's worth the hassle of the process to get one.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice build. I have a keymod on my 308 but I kinda felt like they were like Jorts...trying to be many things but accomplishing none of them. In any case you are like the Kevin Smith of jorts. Owning it. I like it. Geissele, CMT, CMMG, VLTOR....great ingredients.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

thanks Warpig.I went with the SLR keymod handguard because of two reasons. It was one of the lightest handguards I could find, and I was using SLR's gas block, and wanted guaranteed fitment. The fact that it is a keymod is just by coincidence. I highly doubt I will ever put anything on it, and if I do, it will be a surefire weapon light. 

Well I FINALLY got to go shoot the beast today. It is an absolute blast to shoot. Speaking of blast....oh man. The muzzle blast and concussion you get from the 10.5" barrel and YHM muzzle brake on this thing is insane! Even in broad daylight I was seeing intense fireballs. After I got the slr gas block adjusted, I didnt have a single malfunction. I shot both standard 223 and XM193 out of it today, and figured out where the gas block needs to be for each. Extremely high praises go to SLR for the gas block! Dont even get me started on the Geissele SD3G trigger either. As per pretty much every review I've read on it, it really is like pulling a trigger on the smoothest ball bearings around, with no break at all. Needless to say I am 100% happy with the build and can see myself going through a LOT of 5.56 ammo with this thing. I only shot around 120 rounds today, and ended up wishing I had brought more. I got the Eotech sighted in at 50 yards, and am perfectly happy with the accuracy the gun has. I think for a 10.5" barrel and XM193, it did fine. It is an SBR after all, not a precision rifle.

94cafe37cee731b0a08e86144a91a882.jpg

ccce6bd6cf00a1ca7881b9a267efa815.jpg

3770d2eee4158c66826a9caffba1d68d.jpg

336b91d7b5d91f2cd9c2849c832f0611.jpg

Edited by reed1285

thanks Warpig.I went with the SLR keymod handguard because of two reasons. It was one of the lightest handguards I could find, and I was using SLR's gas block, and wanted guaranteed fitment. The fact that it is a keymod is just by coincidence. I highly doubt I will ever put anything on it, and if I do, it will be a surefire weapon light.

Glad to see the efforts pay off. My keymod is on a CMMG MK3 CBR in 308. Trying to get a bipod to mount sturdily on that thing was a pain...but a light will be a lot easier since its not load bearing. (like mounting a mount on a mount) 2746f7daa34f78230ac19be9eddfc5dc.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk Edited by WarPig
  • Like 1