Recommend me a IWB holster

Can you explain the differences in the different models?

Not really, I just read all the descriptions and picked the one I thought was best for me. Don't want any IWB that has attachment point or points on the already thickest part of the thing, so loops on each end a must.

The "mike's special" sits lower than some of his others,  which I liked. Have been quite pleased with it, wore it daily for about a year, but admit I've gotten in the habit of carrying a Kahr in the pocket most of the time for years now (but I miss the 13+1 capacity, really do):

Kahr-Stellar-new.jpg

- OS

I made my own as well others here have done, and there are a few members here that can make something for you if you want to reach out to them. You can find the post in the general conversation thread and the title is who has made their own homemade holster, or that might give you some more ideas any.

I made my own as well others here have done, and there are a few members here that can make something for you if you want to reach out to them. You can find the post in the general conversation thread and the title is who has made their own homemade holster, or that might give you some more ideas any.

Thanks. I'll check it out

I've worn a Crossbreed Supertuck for a number of years.  I wear it at about 4:00.

Me too and so does my wife. We both carry large CZ 85B 9mm's, me at 4:00 and she at 8:00 (lefty). Take a look at the horsehide models.

I grabbed a Milt Sparks VMii for my G30 the other week and love it. It would be absolutely perfect if it rode 1/2" to 1" lower, but that is just a preference really.

I also have a Pure Kustoms holster for my 1911 - it is an IWB/OWB leather holster and the 1911 absolutely disappears (not that they are very difficult to conceal anyways since so thin). 

With either of those I can carry all day and no discomfort.

I have used several different hybrid or full kydex holsters. I liked some, didn't care for others (Blade Tech Nano is absolute garbage IMO for example). Kydex is very convenient with a single clip, simple to put on and take off even when sitting down in a vehicle.

I ordered a hybrid Raw Dog Tactical holster for my G26 a week ago, it should be here tomorrow. Good price and good reviews on it.

I personally like the com-tac mtac holster, but I also own a crossbreed, alien gear 2.0, n82, Glaco king tuk, and several others, the only thing I can tell you is the iwb choice is personal, and if you have access to friends who have samples of each, try it first... Otherwise you will have "the box", full of holsters that you bought but didn't quite like completely.

I think I'm going to go with the TT Slim XC. I've never been happy with any kydex owb holster I've owned or tried, so I'm leery of trying one now. Now to decide if I want it for my 22 or 42?

Tim's stuff is a shame to hide IWB, but that's a beauty and should serve ya well:

DSC07447.JPG

I highly recommend the Alien Gear 2.0 and the N82 Tactical. The N82 is probably more comfortable, but I get a better grip on my handgun when drawing out of the Alien Gear. YMMV.

I also like the N82 Tactical (have one for my 75B and P01)

I would opine that most holsters with a full sweat shield or low-ride design add the challenge of getting a proper grip (without practice)

For a low cost option, I also use High Noon's light duty line. Specifically the Upper Cut for my P01 - higher riding so I get a very positive grip and the Hidden Ally for my MK9 and 2" SP101. The Hidden Ally is tuckable which I didn't like; gjohnsoniv modified it to a non tuckable setup for me
  • Like 1

What brand is this one?

Stealthgear. It's 100 bucks, but doesn't trap sweat like all the other hybrids. About the same lead time as the Alien Gear 3.0. One big difference... it's not designed for shell swaps to a different gun. 

http://stealthgearusa.com/

http://www.thebangswitch.com/stealthgear-onyx-iwb-holsters/

http://www.thebangswitch.com/stealthgear-onyx-iwb-holster-part-2/

Stealthgear. It's 100 bucks, but doesn't trap sweat like all the other hybrids. About the same lead time as the Alien Gear 3.0. One big difference... it's not designed for shell swaps to a different gun.

http://stealthgearusa.com/

http://www.thebangswitch.com/stealthgear-onyx-iwb-holsters/
http://www.thebangswitch.com/stealthgear-onyx-iwb-holster-part-2/

Have you received it yet? I was wondering how you liked it?

Have you received it yet? I was wondering how you liked it?

Got it. Just wore to the home depot. Much better than the Alien gear. More comfortable, and the air venting works well. The real beauty of the thing is that you just wash it in soapy water and let it air dry.

Edited by mikegideon
  • 3 weeks later...

I ended up finding a stealthgear for my G23 on fleabay. I really like it so far, very comfortable. This is my first IWB, so I don't really like it while driving but love it everywhere else.

I LOVE mine. More comfortable than my Alien gear, and can just be washed when it gets dirty

• 3 weeks later...