Fear The Walking Dead (Los Angeles spinoff)

Was the whole "Open your mouth to reduce the pressure, or you'll pop a retina" thing nonsense while shooting the 50 cal, or can that really happen?

Total BS

Now shoving your peeper one inch from the scope might do it!

Yeah the retina is fucked, not from pressure,  but so is all their ear drums.  So now they're all deaf and one is half blind and bleeding from the place where his eye used to be.  All to shoot a Zed trapped inside a diner.  Useful 

“Cobolt” episode begins to make sense of the entire season.  I recall in the first episode of TWD when Rick leaves the hospital goes outside to see row after row of bodies with a blood mark at the head of all the sheets.  The undesirables were put down by military order.

The con man in the detention center; he got the bearded mentally challenged guy worked up to get him out of the cell.  Can’t figure out if this guy was a business man making big $$$ deals or a pimp with street wise sense???  If a business man, why he is in the undesirable center?  True, the heroin addict can get and find things of need, but that is from an addiction.  I could imagine once out of the cell, he’ll be kicked to the curb.

Daniel has a grasp of the entire situation and will do what it takes to survive.  His wife is gone, (but doesn’t know it yet) but can he go on when is daughter doesn’t make it.  She is not cut out for it at this time.

Now that we know Travis and Madison know what the military is up to, what will they do next?

I liked the idea of the military squads going out on the hunter-killer mission seeking out the walkers and killing them.  But with the “Cobolt” code word and they will kill the non-walkers, how long will the military stay on focus?  Remember when the Gov. and company ran across the Guardsman in Georgia?  They ambushed them immediately, maybe this was the standard practice nationwide and why survivors later didn’t have any trust with those wearing ACU’s??  

Dumb question... how do you shoot a Barrett if you can't look through the scope?  Do you use one of those pistol-type scopes... I can't think of what they're called.

There's enough eye relief on scope to move your head back a good bit.

I did same thing the only time I got to shoot a .50bmg. Even though I knew to keep my noggin back from the scope, I apparently leaned head toward it just a bit too close while squeezing, for whatever reason scope caught me on bridge of nose rather than around eye though. No bad, just enough to break skin with slight lump. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

You do look through the scope. But you don't do it with your eye pressed up against the scope. Same as any other scoped rifle.

Yeah, it's just that distance you can get away with on a lesser caliber, a .50 pushes your shoulder back further, while your noggin is staying in same place!

- OS

I noticed the scope thing too. Mentioned it to my wife. I would like to think that they were trying to portray him as an inexperienced shooter who felt pressured into taking (or trying to take) the shot. I learned about the scope creep from a friend that made that mistake.

Black guy in the cell will probably use him to get things in dangerous places. Addicts can be controlled if you have what they need and will do about anything to get it.

I think the officer was fragged. The way the others were looking at him made that seem like the reason.

Yeah the retina is ####ed, not from pressure,  but so is all their ear drums.  So now they're all deaf and one is half blind and bleeding from the place where his eye used to be.  All to shoot a Zed trapped inside a diner.  Useful 

Total BS

Now shoving your peeper one inch from the scope might do it!

I was yelling at the TV during this scene! LOLOLOL

I think the officer was fragged. The way the others were looking at him made that seem like the reason.

Just watched the episode again, and I don't believe there was any intention to suggest that. The group in the vehicle was all pretty much gung ho about the whole thing, and the chatter on the radio ("get out... there's too many! etc) would indicate to me the squad simply ran into more than it could handle.

Or of course you could be right :) -- if so, I imagine we'll hear confirmation at some point.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Good ol Daniel letting those walkers out of the arena. :up:  About time Travis manned up.... or snapped. :pleased:

So now we have to wait 10(?) months to see what happens.  Bet they get on Strand's yacht and end up on Zombie island.  Or will Strand end up being like the governor? :-\

Good ol Daniel letting those walkers out of the arena. :up:  About time Travis manned up.... or snapped. :pleased:

So now we have to wait 10(?) months to see what happens.  Bet they get on Strand's yacht and end up on Zombie island.  Or will Strand end up being like the governor? :-\

Well, pretty apparent he's not a Good Guy, but a user. On the other hand, he's largely saved all their asses so far.

- OS

Why did we have to wade through 5 episodes of boring to finally get a good one, only to have it be the last one?

I'm thinking Season 2 is going to be much more fun. I figure an episode or 2 will be spent just trying to get to Abigail. Then they'll find they're not the only ones with that idea....

Anyone notice that they drove off and left the gate to the neighborhood open? I know they mentioned the neighbors never helped them.... but that's a low blow.

Overall I'm unimpressed. The writing isn't very clever. It's like the writers decided ahead of time that everyone in this universe is a bad person (besides the main cast). They're either a cannibal, a rapist, a murderer, or a crazy person. Is it so hard to fathom that there might be normal people left in the world? I guess it's easier to write in a villain than to come up with something clever. Why not introduce some variations on the zombie? Maybe fast ones or something.

Edited by NoBanStan