Fear The Walking Dead (Los Angeles spinoff)

Andrea was put down prior to death.

But she chose to kill herself.  We all heard that single case fall out of her revolver after the deed.

In the current group's defense, they don't really know how much time someone has to live after they are bitten, and the only one with any experience in the matter was basically trying to kill herself.

Andrea was also pretty close to death. She got tore up pretty good by the walkers. It wasn't like her sister who got scratched and then lingered for quite a while as the fever took over, or the same with the guy in season 1 they left under the tree with the revolver on the way to Atlanta. Rick's group's approach seems to have evolved over time. It went from "keep them comfortable and maybe they'll pull through" to "you're a gonner. Want me to off you or is this a DIY moment?" FTWD group has jumped right to the later. Rick's group made that move after Atlanta and learning that everyone's infected. FTWD has that information already from the doctor at the base, so I suppose it's reasonable they'd make that leap sooner. It still seems fast to me given the statements by Robert Kirkman that the concept of zombies doesn't exist in TWD universe prior to the outbreak. Rick's group had been seeing it for themselves for a while before they got that info from the CDC. FTWD group hasn't been at it as long. Maybe they've never heard of a second opinion and are taking the doctor at her word. If it were me and it was that early in the process (remmeber, they don't have the knowledge that we viewers have) I'd be doing anything I could to keep my family alive and find a way to try to communicate with the military/government to find a cure. Travis gave up way too quick. But like I said, he's got a boat to catch.

Edited by monkeylizard

Travis did switch quickly from, "Take some antibiotics for that!" to "Oh well, I'll euthanize you" based on just his ex-wife's understanding of the infection.

Personally, I would try to pass on as much of my knowledge as possible to the survivors, but she was probably afraid that she would turn and become a threat to her son (and that Travis wouldn't be able to do the job).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, what say you on the new (first real full) season premiere?

I missed about a third of it due to an ill timed phone call I needed to take,  but my initial main impression remains -- I still just don't "like" any of the main characters, 'cept maybe for Strand, so it's hard to "care" about them.

- OS

I pretty much feel the same way. While it is interesting to see how the apocalypse unfolds, I just can't get into these characters. Daniel and Strand are survivors. But they're stuck with a these losers which kills their chances.  

The rest would have been dead long ago. This whole groups survival up to this point is based on pure dumb luck. Nobody is that lucky.

I now support a crossover between this and TWD.  Hopefully the guy (Jack?) that Alicia was talking to is from Negan's group. :biglol:

I was hoping for more action but instead it felt like a one hour funeral... then again it was with Chris staring at his Mom's corpse for the majority of the show.

They should've ended with season one.  All we watched was the collapse of society. We still don't know how it started. We had just about as much info when Rick was at the CDC.  Daniel & Strand should dump the rest and head for Graham Island, BC.  :2cents:

The Talking Dead was so boring I fell asleep.

• Like 1

Seemed like too many holes in that boat to be anything but automatic gunfire. Since it's CA, nobody has more than 10 rounds in their magazines, right? So,it must've been the gov't that sank shot up the boat. Has it been long enough for organized harriers to band together?

As lame as this group is, it makes you want to pull for the zombies.

That family is remarkably unlikeable - you have to wonder what they were thinking

Daniel and Strand are interesting - beyond that....meh....

We were wondering what kind of swimming the zombies were capable of, then determined they could only do the Dead Man Float!
  • Like 2

...That family is remarkably unlikeable - you have to wonder what they were thinking

Daniel and Strand are interesting -

I keep forgetting about Blades for some reason...he was sort of main attraction when first heard about the series, as I've liked his work for years.

- OS

I watched the first season. Didn't really get to like it. I watched the first episode this afternoon. Nothing has changed.

If nothing else is available, I might continue. But I sure won't loose any sleep if I miss an episode.

I'd say there's some action coming next week. The boat crew seems to be in trouble with a faster boat coming towards them after the girl let herself get fooled into giving up their location to the guy on the radio. I've not seen anything at all concerning a weapons stash on the boat. I'm thinking that Victor probably has one though. He seems to have everything else. He's just not giving it away until necessary.

I can't figure out why I keep watching this lame show. Maybe its one of those shows you know has to get better, but never does. Last night could have been shown in a 1/2 hour time slot and still had 20 minutes left for commercials. Just my :2cents:

• Like 2

I can't figure out why I keep watching this lame show. Maybe its one of those shows you know has to get better, but never does. Last night could have been shown in a 1/2 hour time slot and still had 20 minutes left for commercials. Just my :2cents:

I was really hoping that catherine dent (Melissa) would become a regular character- loved her on The Shield. Would have really upped the acting ante on the show

Oh well

It seems to me this show is moving away from the repeated "knife through the zombie head"  fetish that the walking dead drove into the ground for the past 6 years and moving towards the even more real dangers in that kind of world which is the living, the anarchy that would exist and the evil that anarchy breeds in mankind. I'm going to give it some more time and see where it goes. I didn't fast forward at all in this episode. That is my go / no go gauge. LOL

Edited by Randall53

It seems to me this show is moving away from the repeated "knife through the zombie head"  fetish that the walking dead drove into the ground for the past 6 years and moving towards the even more real dangers in that kind of world which is the living, the anarchy that would exist and the evil that anarchy breeds in mankind. I'm going to give it some more time and see where it goes. I didn't fast forward at all in this episode. That is my go / no go gauge. LOL

I would like to see all the dangers, anarchy and evil they can muster take out that pansy Travis....all at once.

• Like 2