Fear The Walking Dead (Los Angeles spinoff)

I know it's tv, BUT why do these people keep putting themselves in unnecessary danger? Like wondering off and entering a crashed plane with only one exit and no one watching your back. They should have paired up in twos, one could search the bags and one could stand watch. Then they stand around and let some of the slowest creatures on earth catch them when they have a 50yd head start.....These are not the "track star" zombies like on Resident Evil. 

I know it's tv, BUT why do these people keep putting themselves in unnecessary danger? Like wondering off and entering a crashed plane with only one exit and no one watching your back. They should have paired up in twos, one could search the bags and one could stand watch. Then they stand around and let some of the slowest creatures on earth catch them when they have a 50yd head start.....These are not the "track star" zombies like on Resident Evil. 

Like they mentioned on Talking Dead... Daniel; worst field trip chaperone ever.

Strand has the makings of being "Negan."  Cut the rope and set Alex adrift.

And how does a guy with a multi million dollar yacht not have a crew on board?  What did he do for maintenance when Abigail was docked at his mansion?  Yet he expects Travis to clean walker guts out of the intake and fix the filtration system.  Luckily, Strand just happened to have a diving suit on board. :rolleyes:

Like others, I've found the show lame and thankfully, I use DVR, using it, I fast forward the chatter parts.  

Travis:  I know where this is going, a "B" type positive personality, tries to appease everyone.  He's almost useless.  Overall, he does not get it.

Strand:  "A" type personality, want's everything his way.  Doesn't care about anyone else.  What is his goal?  Something is up with him as for he to end up in the military jail.  

Daniel:  He gets it, but not a good chaperone.  

Nick:  I still have issues that a herion addict is to become the hero.  To give benefit of the doubt, he does grasp the entire situation.

Rest of the kids, especially Travis' boy, they are grasping the situation.  

Slotted for another season?  I won't be suprised it ends after this season.  I'm watching it since there is nothing else on.

Nick:  I still have issues that a herion addict is to become the hero.  To give benefit of the doubt, he does grasp the entire situation.

When the show first I figured he would be dead long before now but somehow he's hanging on and seems to be stepping up somewhat. I still don't much like him but  maybe they have plans for him becoming a hero. 

On Talking Dead one of those trivia things mentioned that Nick said he already been living in his own Apocalypse; now everyone else was just catching up to him.  

That's what he told his mom on last episode of the season too.

- OS

I'm officially done with this show. This gay crap on every show is getting outta hand. Next thing the zombies will turn gay....Lesbian zombie's are fine though

Edited by Shug

I'm officially done with this show. This gay crap on every show is getting outta hand. Next thing the zombies will turn gay....Lesbian zombie's are fine though

Sounds like I have not been missing anything

First off let me say that I have nothing against gay people. Live and let live is my motto. 

What I am tired of is Hollyweird trying to force it on me. Seems like every show these days just has to have a gay character. Its gettin' real old. 

If it actually added something to the story line, it would be different. But Strand being gay adds absolutely nothing.  This is just another case of the liberal media pushing there own agenda. 

I've had problems with this show from the very beginning. None of these characters have the skills or the mindset to survive. Maybe Daniel, but the rest should be long dead by now. There's fiction, there's horror and there's fantasy. This show is just BS. 

Oddly enough, I'll probably keep watching. I'm not even sure why?

BTW: I have quit watching Talking Dead. This show just isn't interesting enough for me to spend the extra hour on it. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 2
As an experiment I asked my 17 year old what she thought the percentage of the population is gay. Her response was between 40 and 50 percent. She came up with that number based on the amount of rhetoric on the subject and amount of in your face activity. She was surprised when I told her it is around 4 percent. They are winning.
On 5/16/2016 at 1:30 PM, Monkeybat said:

Why does every show feel like they need to put a gay character in a lead roll?

Because that is the new formula for every TV show now. To be a successful show, they have to be racially diverse with at least one black person. they have to have a strong female lead that makes the male lead look like a doofus, and she can do anything the men can do, and do it better. And they have to have a gay character. Another show I watch recently revealed that the black female lead was also gay. They went for the trifecta.

What bugs me is the dramatic "Surprise!" that they always do to introduce them as lovers. It's almost like they have to dramatically reveal it and make a big deal over it. If it's so natural, then why make a big deal. And the fact that they have to keep showing it with way more regularity than they show straight couples being amorous. I'm sorry, but seeing two men kissing just skeeves me out. Let them be gay, I don't care, but I don't want to see that.

7 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

Because that is the new formula for every TV show now. To be a successful show, they have to be racially diverse with at least one black person. they have to have a strong female lead that makes the male lead look like a doofus, and she can do anything the men can do, and do it better. And they have to have a gay character. Another show I watch recently revealed that the black female lead was also gay. They went for the trifecta.

What bugs me is the dramatic "Surprise!" that they always do to introduce them as lovers. It's almost like they have to dramatically reveal it and make a big deal over it. If it's so natural, then why make a big deal. And the fact that they have to keep showing it with way more regularity than they show straight couples being amorous. I'm sorry, but seeing two men kissing just skeeves me out. Let them be gay, I don't care, but I don't want to see that.

Oh I think I already knew the answer.  Back in the day I think Survivor started this trend.  I quickly noticed how they made sure to cover every demographic in the entire country and have people from all across the country.