Fear The Walking Dead (Los Angeles spinoff)

Viewed the premier last night.  It was a slow start and I was disappointed the the cause or orgin on the microobe or virus is still unknown. If we recall in TS-19 episode in Season One of TWD, Dr. Jenner stated that the virus came out several weeks prior to the global outbreak.  There was a kid in the school that had suspecion that something was going on and he was dismissed, only to be thought to be right.  I go to thinking that in today's Internet, Infowars, Drudge and other like sites would be reporting on a mysteries virus long before an outbreak.  

I liked it.   I think it will the pace will quicken up next week.  

Tobias knows what is going on, he reads the internet.  Maybe he will become a bigger player in the story.

Did anyone do the story sync?  I think that is one of the best things about watching these shows on AMC.

I liked it.   I think it will the pace will quicken up next week.  

Tobias knows what is going on, he reads the internet.  Maybe he will become a bigger player in the story.

Did anyone do the story sync?  I think that is one of the best things about watching these shows on AMC.

They made enough of the character Tobias, that there is little doubt he will play a part in the following episodes.  I haven't done the sync since most times I catch it on dvr, what does it do?

I haven't done the sync since most times I catch it on dvr, what does it do?

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/story-sync

They ask questions, want you to rate situation, and at the end they tell you if you lived or not and which character you were most like.

I work nights, and when Better Call Saul was on I watch the 11 pm rebroadcast, you just kind of have to click along to keep pace with the show.  When doing it live it is supposed to move along on its own. ( usually does, sometimes you have to prompt it)  I think it adds a lot of entertainment value to the shows.

Check it out.

I agree with Caster very slow start.  

That said the potential to expand on HOW society devolves and deconstructs as the true nature of the problem evolves might be interesting and is hinted at in the promos for the next episodes.  

TWD is all basically post apocalyptic after first episodes of season 1 ending at the CDC in Atlanta, so maybe FTWD can draw out the issues society faces in the downward spiral, kind of a "One Minute After" mindset.

Drugboy reminds me too much of a young Johnny Depp...hope he comes around!  He did grow a pair when he ran down his old buddy, and seems to be the first to realize the situation with those infected.

• Like 1

I did find the heroine addict teenage Tom Riddle quite humorous.

What did you find humorous about him?  Character crossover?  I did not know him from Harry Potter.  Only found that just now.

I thought his part as a drug addict was spot on.

What did you dislike about the show?  I liked it but am trending to yawn.  I think it has possibility's, can't wait for societal breakdown.  Mac mentioned it was renewed for a second season.  Someone with money has watched and thinks it is good.   

I finally watched and liked it. I agree it's a slow start. I think they are trying to establish the feeling of boring, everyday life dramas faced by many American families. As the disease spreads, the everyday problems will pale in comparison to the new problem of just staying alive. Slow start, but I think it's necessary to transition from "normal" to the breakdown of society.

What did you find humorous about him?  Character crossover?  I did not know him from Harry Potter.  Only found that just now.
I thought his part as a drug addict was spot on.

What did you dislike about the show?  I liked it but am trending to yawn.  I think it has possibility's, can't wait for societal breakdown.  Mac mentioned it was renewed for a second season.  Someone with money has watched and thinks it is good.

My wife and I have this thing where we identify who did what. The mor obscure the character and/or person playing the part, the better.
It was funny to see a teenage voldemort on smack.

If the show had been on lifetime or hallmark it would have been acceptable. Being a zombie flick, it was quite slow. I guess people love details. I could care less about people's family relations and the tensions involved.
  • Like 1

My wife and I have this thing where we identify who did what. The mor obscure the character and/or person playing the part, the better.
It was funny to see a teenage voldemort on smack.
If the show had been on lifetime or hallmark it would have been acceptable. Being a zombie flick, it was quite slow. I guess people love details. I could care less about people's family relations and the tensions involved.

Maybe they include the family relations and tensions just to show how irrelevant their current problems will become :shrug:

I hope the next episode picks up. I'd like to see them show some true preppers kicking their plan into action

The drug addict practically necessitates a series of plot points:  First having withdrawal effects when he has to go without; maybe finds a stash on Walker at some point, and his addiction drives him to risk his life to obtain it; then some other danger element when he ventures out to look for heroin; and possibly someone gets killed trying to get him something to keep him even, which finally makes him kick the habit.

It seems so predictable, but they can't just have him addicted one day and then free and clear the next, because that would be less realistic than zombies.  It would be nice if they didn't resort to the above plot points, but the only way I could see how to avoid them is he either stays an addict and lucks into a mega stash, or he just dies.

That sick guy in the next hospital bed combined with the son's restraints was a good misdirect since the expected result would be him fighting for his life against the recently risen Walker, but they deliberately did not do that.  I think they may still have that old guy wandering around as a Walker, either as an Easter egg or as a wake-up call to the son (perhaps if he denies the whole zombie thing as a hallucination or something).