Nashville Armory / Permit Class

I have had my permit for at least 6 years , I think I had to hit a target at least 10 out of 15 shots at 5 yards when I got it. My wife called NA today because she and two other nurses wanted to take the HCP class. The lady that took her call told her $95 and they supplied 100 rounds of ammunition. She also said if you don't know how to shoot don't bother coming because they didn't want to turn a 8 hour course into a 10. REALLY ?

My wife knows how to shoot but that's real customer relationship work on their part. I WILL MAKE SURE THESE THREE LADIES TAKE THE COURSE ELSEWERE.

What is the shooting requirement now after the class ?

She also said if you don't know how to shoot don't bother coming because they didn't want to turn a 8 hour course into a 10. REALLY ?

My wife knows how to shoot but that's real customer relationship work on their part. I WILL MAKE SURE THESE THREE LADIES TAKE THE COURSE ELSEWERE.

Wow! I guess she's met her monthly sales quota already, lol. $95 seems steep anyway. I bet they can find a group rate somewhere.

I have had my permit for at least 6 years , I think I had to hit a target at least 10 out of 15 shots at 5 yards when I got it. My wife called NA today because she and two other nurses wanted to take the HCP class. The lady that took her call told her $95 and they supplied 100 rounds of ammunition. She also said if you don't know how to shoot don't bother coming because they didn't want to turn a 8 hour course into a 10. REALLY ?

What is the shooting requirement now after the class ?

I took my class twice about 5 years apart b/c I moved out of state briefly and came back, by the second time the class members had changed dramatically and MANY were completely inexperienced with firearms and several didn't own one yet. That second time I took the class I had to ask the RO/instructor to shoot later since the woman in the lane next to me kept sweeping me with her muzzle. The instructor finally asked her to stop and finish after the rest of the groups were done so he could take some time to work with her individually. I have noticed that since then they have added not one but TWO classes for beginning shooters that can be taken before you get to the permit class to give the new shooter a chance to learn before the larger group class that is the permit class. 

That said, it sounds like the lady representing NA could have likely mentioned the primer classes in a much more inviting manner.

• Like 1

I have to say I love Nashville Armory, but I have had some less than stellar interactions with one of the gals there. I have to imagine it's a symptom of "being a woman in a mans world" cause she's managed to be both wrong and condescending about it on more than one occasion. :rolleyes: Everyone else there has been awesome, maybe it was her?

Yea , she also told her to bring them out and practice on their range .....

Don't bother coming to our class so we can help you, but by all means come shoot wildly on our range! It's almost like certain people don't want the extra business! She literally just lost NA $300 over the phone! Unbelievable!
  • Like 1

I have to say I love Nashville Armory, but I have had some less than stellar interactions with one of the gals there. I have to imagine it's a symptom of "being a woman in a mans world" cause she's managed to be both wrong and condescending about it on more than one occasion. :rolleyes: Everyone else there has been awesome, maybe it was her?

If this is happening on a regular basis and she's not owner/co-owner they need to let her go. If she is owner/co-owner they still need to let her go! You can't teach someone how to interact with people, it's natural.
  • Like 1

I went there once looking for a Shield for my wife. The service is less than stellar, and I do not plan to return. I think the problem is that they feel like they have enough business already.

Don't bother coming to our class so we can help you, but by all means come shoot wildly on our range! It's almost like certain people don't want the extra business! She literally just lost NA $300 over the phone! Unbelievable!

No, no....If you shoot wildly, you'll be charged an additional $8 for every wild shot above their magic line.

• Like 1

I liked the class at GnL. If you're in Williamson Co., the Sheriff's dep't used to do classes too. Don't know if they still do.

I took mine at the G&L in Greenbrier.  Retired LEO taught and I want to say he was from Sumner Co.

I went there once looking for a Shield for my wife. The service is less than stellar, and I do not plan to return. I think the problem is that they feel like they have enough business already.

Service varies.  Like most places, it's according to who you get.

Having taken two separate CCW classes in two different states, and narrowly avoided being shot by inexperienced shooters in both classes, I actually appreciate her comment here.  To me, it seems common sense that someone with no firearms experience would never dream of trying to get a HCP.....but it happens in every class.  Not only is it disruptive, but it's dangerous.  

I think they have their strategy wrong in the first place. They should really be selling a package class to inexperienced shooters. 2 hours of private training plus the handgun permit course.

And I know exactly what girl you're talking about...no she is not an owner, just an employee. I got into a squabble with her once about unholstering my carry gun to shoot it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No, no....If you shoot wildly, you'll be charged an additional $8 for every wild shot above their magic line.

Dude I was in there yesterday and they rented an AR to a young woman who clearly had no experience with firearms. She spun around with TWO fingers on the trigger, safety off, and flagged the shit out of me (literally, I thought I was gonna have to change my underwear). All that went through my mind was, "I made it through a war zone to get killed by a sorority girl in Nashville." It amazes me they don't require fundamentals training to shoot on their range....or any range for that matter.

Dude I was in there yesterday and they rented an AR to a young woman who clearly had no experience with firearms. She spun around with TWO fingers on the trigger, safety off, and flagged the #### out of me (literally, I thought I was gonna have to change my underwear). All that went through my mind was, "I made it through a war zone to get killed by a sorority girl in Nashville." It amazes me they don't require fundamentals training to shoot on their range....or any range for that matter.

It's not funny, but :rofl: just the same. What cracks me up about that is I can't shoot there without getting a safety lecture and attempted walkthrough on the manual of arms for whatever I'm shooting by their RSOs. To be fair I do always need help setting up the target in their machines and making their computers work, but here nor there.

I guess when I'm being really honest with myself I've had a few less than stellar experiences there, BUT I've had far and more positive ones so there is something to that. To their credit, the retail staff has always been exemplary to me with the one exception. The first time I went in there I had my brother with me and he was in a funk and wearing pajama bottoms and a ripped up iron maiden tshirt at 3pm or so on a tuesday. I took him in on a lark to get him a new light to cheer him up and the guys there never batted an eye, we could have been two professional looking mid 40's in polo shirts and khakis instead of the late 20's early 30's slackers we undoubtedly looked like based on how they treated us. <ost gun shops are put off by the long hair, I guess they think I'm a hippy there to protest baby seal clubbings or something :rofl: .

• Like 1