TGO Fantasy Football League 2015

btq96r

I sent an email through the ESPN league site, but just to put it here as well...

I need you to let me know if you are in or out for this years league.  I would like an email either way to find out earlier.  The latest I would like to know is by 5pm on Monday the 31st.  That way I can figure out how many more people we need to get to an even number.  If I don't hear from you by then, I'll have to drop you from the league since we will be drafting a few days later. 

As for the draft, I'm thinking Thursday or Friday night of the upcoming week, sometime between 6-9pm.  Whatever is easier for the majority of the members.  I'm good to go either night.

I've got a guy if needed.

I'll let you know.  That can be our alternate plan if we have an odd number of teams.

Are we looking at 12 or 14 teams? What about the pot?

Either or for number of teams.  My line of thinking is I'd rather get one more guy like Xx has to avoid either an odd number or having to ask someone to leave.

As for the pot, I'm thinking $50 commitment, and we find a sponsor vendor to buy a firearm from with the prize money.  The winner can choose from their inventory, and either go pick it up, or have it shipped to their hometown FFL if they aren't in driving distance. 

Gonna tabulate the emails I've gotten and those who sounded off in this thread.  Will let you guys know where we stand on membership, potential prize total, and what needs to happen from there.

Is Thursday, September 3rd, say at 8pmCST local good for the draft?  If we need to move it up to 7pm CST, that's fine as well...just want to know what you all need as a group.

Still haven't heard from a few guys, or I've misidentified them...that could happen, I don't have a complete TGO Screen name/Real Name/Team Name list, which made this harder than it needed to be, lol.

If anyone is the owner of these teams, let me know.  Right now I only have 7 confirmed, and we need at least 8, though that would lower the prize from a nice gun to a decent ammo buy.  Anyone else who wants to join is welcome as well.

Teams I still need to confirm...

Deanburg Giants

Team Rotteys

Team babelt (he hasn't logged into TGO since 1 June, which may be a sign)

TN Eagle_Eye

Steeler Nation

Team Parrothead

Also, draft this Thursday 9EST/8CST...any objections?

I think I finally have all this straightened out...hopefully.  The only teams I don't have a confirmation on are Deanburg Giants (jtmaze) Team babelt (babelt) and Team Parrothead (Parrothead).  I sent messages to jtmaze and Parrothead, but babelt hasn't logged into TGO since June, so I'm not sure how much interest he would have. 

As it stands, we have nine confirmed teams, with two pending.  Hopefully we can get to an even number before tomorrow.  I'll leave it until about 7pm CST tonight for anyone to chime in with a preference for the draft time tomorrow before scheduling it through ESPN.

Everybody else is good to go.  For the new members of the league, I'd recommend you check out the league rules and settings.  Those from last year will remember how the specifics about scoring and roster spots were important, and I hope interesting.

Alright, we're down to 10 teams.  I adjusted the divisions and schedule to match.  5x teams per division, 4x teams make the playoffs, playoffs are two rounds of two weeks each with Week 17 in the NFL not used.

Draft settings as follows:

Draft Type: Snake Draft

Date: Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 9:00 PM ET

Seconds Per Pick: 90

Draft Order: Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time

Any requests for changes?

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

So apparently you didnt't take me out?  Looks like I auto drafted a team even though I didnt put one seconds effort into setting it up.  

I thought I did when I was taking out the others as well...but then we noticed it about two picks before your team went on auto draft.  With the exception of TE, it's not a bad team actually, so I'll just get someone to take it over. 

Edited by btq96r