USPS tracking.....WTF??!!!?

It appears this package left Pennsylvania, cam to Tennessee, went back to Pennsylvania, and came back to Tennessee. I wonder where else this well traveled package will visit before I get to see it in person.

I guess everyone makes a goof up once in a while. All in all, I've had good luck with the post office.

Do you think it got left on a truck or something?

SORTING/PROCESSING COMPLETE

Aug-10-15, 07:51 AM, LAFAYETTE 37083

ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Aug-10-15, 07:16 AM, LAFAYETTE 37083

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

Aug-09-15, 16:35 PM, MEMPHIS 38136

Aug-08-15, 23:26 PM, PHILADELPHIA 19116

Aug-08-15, 12:43 PM, PHILADELPHIA 19116

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

Aug-05-15, 20:00 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

Departed USPS Facility

Aug-05-15, 06:02 AM, LANCASTER, PA 17604

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

Aug-04-15, 15:19 PM, LANCASTER, PA 17604

Departed Post Office

Aug-03-15, 15:00 PM, FAWN GROVE, PA 17321

Acceptance

Aug-03-15, 09:36 AM, FAWN GROVE, PA 17321

I ordered some stuff from a company in eastern Texas one time,it made it to Memphis. The next time I checked it was somewhere in west Texas. I called Usps and asked about it, whoever I talked to had apparently never looked at a map of the US before. I gave up trying to explain it to them. I think it was two days late when I got it.

Someone had a fun thread going a couple of years ago. I think it was nicemac, but I'm probably wrong about that. He had a package that went back and forth between the Memphis sort facility and a few others places several times. The routing list was at least twice as long as CZ9mm's above. IIRC, the seller (Amazon?) shipped out a replacement one that arrived quickly. I don't recall if the original one ever made it or not.

ETA: Found it!

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/41816-why-the-post-office-is-doomed

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
I had a package bounce between Miami and Nashville several times once. The post office had put a label on with the incorrect zip code. The actual address was correct. Took multiple calls by both sides and over 20 days (for a 2 day delivery) before USPS got straightened out.
All shipping companies have the dumb.

I live in Fairview. Every time I order from MidwayUSA it goes to Knoxville. That makes about as much sense as me driving to Memphis on I65 south. There are major hubs in both Nashville and Franklin. MADNESS!

My experience with USPS is that I receive the package before the tracking updates. :shrug:

With me it's either this or no tracking updates after they receive it. Either way, I very rarely receive the package early, and generally never on time. Once had some IRS stuff I paid extra to get there in two days, but it took at least two if not three weeks to get there. After that, USPS has always been my last choice unless I'm not on a timeline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Strange, I've never had a priority mail letter or package get delayed...you guys aren't trying to ship perishable, hazardous, explosive or dangerous right wing conspiracies are you?

I'm kind of in the same boat... I ship USPS flat rate every week and have for a couple years. I have never had something not arrive when it was supposed to. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never actually seen it.

Edited by Metalhead

A few years ago, I ordered a couple of vacuum tubes (yes, vacuum tubes) from a guy in MN.  After two weeks and they hadn't arrived,  I ran the tracking number and saw it was going back and forth between Knoxville and Greeneville, TN for about a week.  I went to the Post Office and they said there was nothing they could do about it.  The shipper would have to handle it.  The shipper was unable to resolve it and refunded my money.  Just for the heck of it, I kept checking the tracking number.  A month later, it arrived in my mailbox in perfect condition.  :huh:

Worked for USPS for 21 years. Make mistakes? Yep! Every other shipper in the industry make mistakes? Yep! Sorry to say €#%}{? happens. I will pit the delivery record of the post office against any other service. It's cheaper and faster. No, your tax dollars do not substain it. Mistakes happen, show me a business that it doesn't happen.
  • Like 3

It appears this package left Pennsylvania, cam to Tennessee, went back to Pennsylvania, and came back to Tennessee. I wonder where else this well traveled package will visit before I get to see it in person.

I guess everyone makes a goof up once in a while. All in all, I've had good luck with the post office.

Do you think it got left on a truck or something?

Since it came from Pennsylvania, they were probably trying to ship it to LafayETTE instead of LaFAYette... I'm sure that you know how everybody pronounces it "incorrectly" outside of Tennessee... :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by tartanphantom

And we are regularly advised they are going bankrupt.  Wonder why!

Actually besides the obvious, the Post Office's monetary problems are the result of Congress requiring them to prepay retirement benefits. Which is completely the opposite of how both business and the Federal Gov do it.

• Like 2

I've had terrific luck with USPS Priority Mail over the years. Last year I did have a package leave PA and it went to Boston, Chicago and Minneapolis before it ever got to Nashville. :lol:

You must have paid for priority mail...

• 2 weeks later...