Any Civil War Reenactors?

UncleJak

I'm not wanting to get into it...but I am looking for a Union artillery shell jacket (with the red trim) for a new project I am working on. Online they seem pricey and was wondering if anyone had a lead on some good deals...

Ummm, I believe the preferred term these days is "living historian" as opposed to "reenactor". :whistle:

That being said, if you live in Nashville, you are only about 45-60 minutes away from one of the best stocked Civil War sutlers in the south--

http://www.blockaderunner.com/

They are located right off of I-24E between Bellbuckle and Wartrace, and are very well stocked on just about everything you could imagine for Civil War Buffs... both Union and Confederate gear, uniforms, accessories, relics etc. Well worth the drive for anyone interested in this stuff.

What's more, they are very 2A friendly and welcome legal licensed carry-- with a "FIREARMS PERMITTED" gun-in-green-circle (the opposite of a gunbuster sign) sign right by the front door! :up: And no, I do NOT work for them, but it's one of my favorite places to spend a lazy Saturday.

If you visit the store, you can get a new artillery shell jacket for around $120-- usually they have several sizes in stock, so that's about half the cost of a custom-make jacket. Not sure that you'll find a new one cheaper than that online, besides, better to keep your $$ in Tennessee instead of sending it to some Yankee up north...

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 4

tartanphantom: thanks for posting that link. :up: Quite a selection they have and that Mosin Sporter is tempting (too bad they're out of stock) And look at all those flags they have!

They're about 3 hours away from me, but I may have to make a road trip.  I should stock up on a few battle flags for my trip to the Bristol night race. :dirty:

tartanphantom: thanks for posting that link. :up: Quite a selection they have and that Mosin Sporter is tempting (too bad they're out of stock) And look at all those flags they have!

They're about 3 hours away from me, but I may have to make a road trip.  I should stock up on a few battle flags for my trip to the Bristol night race. :dirty:

You're welcome... one of the best things about Blockade Runner is that they have just about everything in stock in the store that is listed online... so the e-store and the "real store" selections are pretty darn close. And yes, they do have an FFL, and often have a small but very random assortment of real firearms in stock.

Edited by tartanphantom

Ummm, I believe the preferred term these days is "living historian" as opposed to "reenactor". :whistle:

That being said, if you live in Nashville, you are only about 45-60 minutes away from one of the best stocked Civil War sutlers in the south--

http://www.blockaderunner.com/

They are located right off of I-24E between Bellbuckle and Wartrace, and are very well stocked on just about everything you could imagine for Civil War Buffs... both Union and Confederate gear, uniforms, accessories, relics etc. Well worth the drive for anyone interested in this stuff.

What's more, they are very 2A friendly and welcome legal licensed carry-- with a "FIREARMS PERMITTED" gun-in-green-circle (the opposite of a gunbuster sign) sign right by the front door! :up: And no, I do NOT work for them, but it's one of my favorite places to spend a lazy Saturday.

If you visit the store, you can get a new artillery shell jacket for around $120-- usually they have several sizes in stock, so that's about half the cost of a custom-make jacket. Not sure that you'll find a new one cheaper than that online, besides, better to keep your $$ in Tennessee instead of sending it to some Yankee up north...

Only a 40 min drive, and me with no work or school for a few weeks...yeah I'm making a trip down there before long.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Only a 40 min drive, and me with no work or school for a few weeks...yeah I'm making a trip down there before long.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Based on your sig line picture I'm guessing you'll be shopping in the Union section...   :)

• Like 2

Based on your sig line picture I'm guessing you'll be shopping in the Union section... :)

Also known as the winners isle. :)

I did like some of the books I saw listed on the site. Can see myself walking out with a few. Also want to check out the things on display. I'm a huge history nerd, so this place seems very cool indeed. Edited by btq96r