Tell me why you suck.

Not sure if serious or trolling LOL. So I'll answer for both instances. Yes my wrist got more limp.....and yes I wasn'tbreaking my wrist over as far now that I'm aiming with my right eye

I never troll.

I tried to see if I could shoot with my right eye but realized that my grip must change, and I am still shooting with my left eye.

You know you can change that. I was right handed and left eye dominant but by forcing myself to aim with my rift eye for a period of time my dominance has changed

That's interesting. What was the period of time it took to adjust?

And as to this thread, I'd have to find a new reason to suck if I fixed that...

That's interesting. What was the period of time it took to adjust?

And as to this thread, I'd have to find a new reason to suck if I fixed that...

I'm sure everyone is different, but it took me about a year to get to the point where I no longer had to think about it
Keep doing what your doing, too many people think there shooting is bad form eye dominance when it's just poor fundamentals. I'm a left eye dominant, right handed shooter. I just make it work. You may want to switch eyes but I'm not sure it will help you, dry fire and proper training will let you overcome the eye dominance issue. That's just my 2 penny's worth!
  • Like 1

"Shooter are you ready?"

:squint: (me) - "front sight"  "front sight"  "front sight"

"Stand by"  BEEP!!

:squint:   "Oooo targets!!!!" :dirty:   :rock: POW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW . . . . . . . :ugh:   :ugh: 

:censored:  "front sight"  "front sight"  :wall:

• Like 2

Where do you wanna start?

I'm fat

Out of shape

Old

Had a four way bypass and 2 neck surgeries

Tired of driving an hour and 15 minutes to shoot

Been shooting Practical Pistol for 15+ years

Either been and RO,CRO, or MD for 13 of those 15 years

Blah, Blah, Blah

Gunwriter/author Evan Marshall was competing in a PPC match and while checking targets a younger shooter next to him started telling him how the wind was affecting his sights/blowing his rounds off center/he had too much caffeine before the match, etc.  He looked at Evan's target and said what happened to you?  Evan's reply was, "I missed".

As for me, the truth of the matter is that I'm not a young pup any longer, and I got so farsighted that I couldn't see the sights clearly at all, so I fixed that with Rx shooting glasses.  I guess my main excuse is the onset of "essential tremors" in my hands.  It's partially controlled with the use of Propranolol.  If I shoot in the morning it's not too bad, but as the day goes on and the drug wears down, things can get worse.  The last classifier I shot was held in the afternoon and by the time I was called to shoot I literally couldn't hold the sights on target and actually had misses at 7 yards!  Fortunately, they're not always that bad.  I normally end up about middle of the pack in our monthly IDPA shoots and I realize that unlike wine, I'm not getting any better with age.