CZ 1911A1

She has arrived !

I am not sure what these guys were thinking when they came up with this GI model idea, forged frame,no MIM.hand fitted

slick looking ww2 copy for low $700s? A super tight well machined classic that has the looks of a boring GI pistol with the 

engine of a turbo vette under the hood,....This thing is a sleeper !  Quality is amazing and talk about tight,this thing is tighter

than any 1911 I have ever picked up .

Going to hit the range today and try this baby out !

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 5

Is it the series 70 style ?

of course...  Id never buy an 80 series personally 

So this is a CZ that's USA made?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

USA ! USA ! USA !

Silly question... are these basically CZ branded DW made 1911s?

Im pretty certain DW has some sorta hand it it,it does look very much like

my Valor inside

• Like 1

I sent an email to CZ Support to try to get some clarification on the MIM parts question.  Here is the response I just received:  

Yes it does have MIM parts in it.  Although many people will say MIM parts are a much lower quality, there isn’t really much difference in the process when put through actual testing.  I don’t have the exact list of which parts are MIM, but it is probably the best 1911 for the money on the market right now.  We are also only producing the 1,000 we planned, and not making any more.

Christopher Watson

Sales Assistant

800-955-4486 x 354

fax: 913-321-2251

MIM parts or not, still looks like a great gun - and if you want one, you better jump on it now...

I GOT ONE!!!!

Called Christopher Watson, and he helped me find a dealer with one in stock. Every CZ rep I have spoken with has been fantastic. These guys know how to please their customers.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2

I sent an email to CZ Support to try to get some clarification on the MIM parts question.  Here is the response I just received:  

Yes it does have MIM parts in it.  Although many people will say MIM parts are a much lower quality, there isn’t really much difference in the process when put through actual testing.  I don’t have the exact list of which parts are MIM, but it is probably the best 1911 for the money on the market right now.  We are also only producing the 1,000 we planned, and not making any more.

Christopher Watson

Sales Assistant

800-955-4486 x 354

fax: 913-321-2251

MIM parts or not, still looks like a great gun - and if you want one, you better jump on it now...

Thanks for posting the CZ information. That pretty much solidified my decision on the pistol.

I called Chris, and surprisingly got to him immediately. Very friendly fellow. Told him what I wanted, and I knew that they most likely wouldn't sell direct on this.

But Chris was very helpful, above and beyond the call I would say. He went thru dealer listings for me and found one that showed to still have one available.

Gave me their phone number and said good luck.

Can't get much better in customer relations that this.

So...I have one on the way.

Thanks CZ, Elk County Ammo & Arms and of course the man responsible for this today...mhl6493! 

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

I heard someone say the grip safety and mag release might be cast but the hammer and ignition parts are tool steel

as well as the rest..even the sales guy does not know..LOL

Is it safe to call this a poor man's Dan Wesson then? :)

Without a doubt,,,,,,Its a GI DW ... 

FYI they are only making 1000 units ......after that 

its over .. I am considering not even shooting mine now  LOL

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 2

FYI they are only making 1000 units ......after that
its over .. I am considering not even shooting mine now LOL

This has got to be a "soft launch". Why run a limited production of the barest bones 1911 of all time? Definitely don't shoot it though, till you see what happens with them, lol.