WTB: Handgun

conn_air7

I just recently bought a G 19 for my first carry gun. I love it and enjoy it very much. However, I am looking for my 2nd pistol now, so I am in need of some opinions. This time I'm on a budget, so I'd like to be under $350. Please shoot me any opinions on good guns for that price, or anything you might want to sell, thanks.

-Conner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not post WTB ads outside of the classifieds

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Stoeger Cougar $299 at Academy. 9 or 40. Look 'em up. Great gun, screamin' deal. Under $340 after tax and bg check.

That, or the S&W SD pistols. Same price and caliber choices. Honestly though, at that price I think the Cougar is the better bang for the buck, even if it just comes with one mag. Edited by musicman
  • Like 1

I just recently bought a G 19 for my first carry gun. I love it and enjoy it very much. However, I am looking for my 2nd pistol now, so I am in need of some opinions. This time I'm on a budget, so I'd like to be under $350. Please shoot me any opinions on good guns for that price, or anything you might want to sell, thanks.

-Conner

So basically, you don't want to pony up for even a 6 mth membership in order that you can post in the correct place (WTB/WTS/etc) and this is a way of skirting around it.

I can see a thread about what to buy, but you crossed the line when you ask what people here may have for sale.

Real smooth.

So basically, you don't want to pony up for even a 6 mth membership in order that you can post in the correct place (WTB/WTS/etc) and this is a way of skirting around it.

I can see a thread about what to buy, but you crossed the line when you ask what people here may have for sale.

Real smooth.

IIRC you can post a WTB in the classifieds without being a benefactor. The fact that he is wanting opinions of guns to purchase in his price range is totally acceptable and his post is in the correct section in that regard.

I saw no mention of him wanting to sell anything outside the classifieds.

I may be missing something but I see no rules being broken.
  • Like 1

Real smooth.

I am relatively new to this forum, why be disrespectful to somebody for no reason? We are here to help each other out are we not?

budget?   Used gun at a show or reputable shop! 

As to what ... what do you want it for?   I mean I can recommend 30+ guns at you but without knowing...   its just randomness.  Ruger mk .22 or other target .22 range gun?   RIA 1911 9mm target pistol?   Something smaller for light carry days?  A revolver, just cause (uberti .45 breaktop?  Ruger gp 100 357?  --- most revolvers unless used are gonna break the budget though )

Dunno.  More input, feedback, or anything to help us help you?  

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1
Sorry for not elaborating, was just looking for ideas. I'm looking for something similar to the Glock. I don't have a preference really, 9mm, .45, .380, anything really. Something that's a comfortable carry. I usually prefer semi-auto, not looking for a revolver of any kind.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a reliable semi-auto pistol that will treat me well for under $350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by conn_air7

mm glock is like another glock :)  They sort of have a unique grip angle and overall frame shape and a weird trigger, nothing else is really identical.  The closest non-glock that is easier to carry would be shield, IMHO, someone already said that.  

If you are on a budget, avoid 380.  The ammo costs almost twice as much for half the power, just get a 9mm.  380 reloads sweet, if you get into that, but buying it sucks.

Sorry for not elaborating, was just looking for ideas. I'm looking for something similar to the Glock. I don't have a preference really, 9mm, .45, .380, anything really. Something that's a comfortable carry. I usually prefer semi-auto, not looking for a revolver of any kind.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a reliable semi-auto pistol that will treat me well for under $350.

S&W SD9VE. Under that price, no frills, dead nuts reliable and shoots an affordable caliber.

So many choices, how much would you guys give for a shield? I see them typically for around $400 or a little more.

They're routinely found new for $369 and up. I've seen them used locally for $350 and that usually includes whatever type of holster the seller bought for it. The Ruger LC9s PRO is in the same price range as the Shield. The LC9S PRO has a better stock trigger than the Shield. Be sure to get the PRO version because it doesn't have the magazine disconnect saftey, or the manual safety. Id shoot them both before you decide. A good range/home defense gun in yout price range is the Ruger P95. I bought one for $289 new about 6 years ago. It's one of the most reliable and accurate firearms I own. It's a beast to carry though. OWB all the way. Edited by cgun86
  • Like 1

mm glock is like another glock :) They sort of have a unique grip angle and overall frame shape and a weird trigger, nothing else is really identical. The closest non-glock that is easier to carry would be shield, IMHO, someone already said that.

If you are on a budget, avoid 380. The ammo costs almost twice as much for half the power, just get a 9mm. 380 reloads sweet, if you get into that, but buying it sucks.

Thanks for the advice, that's exactly why I went with G 19 for first handgun.

Ive always been partial to Smiths but the Shield is real nice, as everyone has pointed out. Granted for a few extra 20s you can get a G43 :D

The SW9VE has good reviews, one of my soldiers has one...it handled alright didnt get to fire it.

Tried out a Canik TP9 and the reviews are well worth the hype, really solid.

I also like the Ruger SR9...had two of them, the trigger out the box on mine sucked really bad but they loosen up and can be had for cheap on Armslist. For carry I reccomend the SR9C.

At that budget you are going to be hard pressed to find a good .45

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Stoeger Cougar. As mentioned. Have one and like it.

Canik TP9. Never fired one but they get good reviews.

Taurus PT111. I want one of these.

Stoeger Cougar is a fantastic pistol. I wish I'd not sold my Beretta 8045 Cougar a few years back.

I have a Canik TP9sa. Steelharp raved about his so much I bought one. Great pistols at a tremendous price.

Look online and find around 299. Great trigger and a fantastic reset that puts Glock to shame.