.303 British at CTD

My favorite vendor CTD [emoji6] has some really cheap surplus .303 British that appears to be mostly HXP in the 480 round cases that are still remaining. The cost is less than Mosin 7.62x54R and HXP is brass cased and boxer primed ammo. I bought some of the grade A that they had last Fall and it was really nice stuff, but almost twice this price. Some of this will probably need to be cleaned up, but still a great price while it lasts. I'm surprised they still have any of it left since they've been selling it for about a month now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They aren't bankrupt yet? Darn. I wouldn't let cheaper than dirt ship me ammo for free. Caving to political correctness and pulling their guns from the site when the panic happened, then deciding PC be dammed and charging $80 for pmags? CTD can choke on it.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 6

They aren't bankrupt yet? Darn. I wouldn't let cheaper than dirt ship me ammo for free. Caving to political correctness and pulling their guns from the site when the panic happened, then deciding PC be dammed and charging $80 for pmags? CTD can choke on it.

Sent from the backwoods

I agree. :up:

this stuff?

...It contains multi headstamped loaded cartidges from reputable countries and facilities.

This is genuine military surplus Grade "B", expect the rounds to have pitting and bullet discoloration. There is corrosion on the brass casing. Some rounds may be unfireable. This ammunition is being bought in "as is" condition and is not returnable or refundable for any reason. All sales are final on this B grade ammunition. 

As with any surplus ammunition, each and every round should be carefully inspected before use and we recommend cleaning your weapon after every use. This ammunition has the possibility of being corrosive.

I've never bought ammo that has this many warnings in the description. Is this normal? I have no clue.

this stuff?

I've never bought ammo that has this many warnings in the description. Is this normal? I have no clue.

For repacked, surplus ammo were it is known some rounds might be a little sketchy, yes.

Regardless, for Enfield shooters it's worth the risk.  Surplus .303 is pretty much gone.

• Like 2

Good to know about CTD....I've bought a couple of things from them as I didn't know.  PMAGS at $80 are outrageous.  When H&K VP9 mags were $200 on ebay, I sold an extra I had for what I paid for it, which was $50 or $60, to a TGO member. 

Good to know about CTD....I've bought a couple of things from them as I didn't know. PMAGS at $80 are outrageous. When H&K VP9 mags were $200 on ebay, I sold an extra I had for what I paid for it, which was $50 or $60, to a TGO member.

Yep pmags were $80, and went as high as $99. Surplus 5.56 went from $400 a case to $1000 overnight. They instantly pulled all their firearms, then added them back with some bullshit excuse. There was a lot of noise around the forums when it was all going down about how nobody would ever buy from them again. It was forgotten very quickly by most. I just dont like doing some business with those who don't support my hobbies and take huge advantage of a crisis.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 2
You know guys, there have been plenty of threads in the past trashing and bashing CTD, and I participated in the trashing and bashing. I stated my position on dealing with CTD above. There are lengthy threads on Surplus Rifle Forum and Gun Boards about this ammo, but I didn't see anything on this forum and I wanted to make sure anyone here that might be interested wouldn't miss out. If all you have to say is more CTD bashing...it's been done enough already and I get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You know guys, there have been plenty of threads in the past trashing and bashing CTD, and I participated in the trashing and bashing. I stated my position on dealing with CTD above. There are lengthy threads on Surplus Rifle Forum and Gun Boards about this ammo, but I didn't see anything on this forum and I wanted to make sure anyone here that might be interested wouldn't miss out. If all you have to say is more CTD bashing...it's been done enough already and I get it.

I've bought 2 or 3 times from CTD since their Big Gouge Period, including an AK pistol, cheapest anywhere at the time. It got a bit confused because the FFL I had it sent to, 6 or 8 showed up same day, as he'd bought the others to sell retail, were cheaper than he could get from any of his distributors.

Anyway, I don't care what CTD's biz model is ... it must work for them when they gouge, they're still in same biz, but that doesn't for me. Works for me when it's the cheapest, though. I do believe that's the 'Mericun Capitalism thang in which most folks here seem to believe?

- OS

• Like 2

I stopped ordering from CTD a few years ago, when I discovered that the only thing that was "cheaper than dirt" about them was their moral values.   I usually just buy a box of 303 British when my LGS has a box for around $25.   It's like a fine wine or a nice cigar or box of chocolates, only used on special occasions.    Hopefully, I'll get to start reloading for the 303 British this fall or winter

There are a bunch of reasons why I will NEVER support CTD. I don't care if they have the cheapest guns, ammunition or accessories I will not buy because of what they did to me long, long ago. Back in 1997 I happened upon CTD and got their catalog to see if they had anything I wanted. I jumped on their website to place an order for some stuff. The order went fine no problems. Over a year later I was looking at my bank accounts and noticed "reservation rewards" for like $10 a month. I figured it was something my wife was part of so I never really looked into it. A few months later I asked her was the "reservation rewards" was for and she said it wasn't her. So I started investigating and called "reservation rewards" to figure out what I was paying for. It was some sort of BS thing to get discounts on HIGH dollar vacations, definitely something I would not sign up for because I could not afford a vacation nor would I ever pay to go to some third world country to "relax". They said I was signed up by CTD when I placed an order with them. I asked them for a refund because I did not join and they refused but they did cancel it. I called CTD and they were adamant that the "reservation rewards" did not come from them. Well a few months later I ordered from CTD again and once again I was enrolled in the "reservation rewards". I called CTD to ask why and they were, again, adamant it wasn't part of their website. I asked for a refund of the current and past payments and they refused. I called again and cancelled the "reservation rewards". I have not ordered from them since.

At one point I considered ordering a few things from them but then I heard this.

This was relayed to me by someone who I trust 100%. The owner showed up at a gun show, I think it might have been the Waco show or one of the other big shows. He went around and bought every single pound of a particular type of gun powder and paid for every purchase with a credit card. Then Monday morning he disputed EVERY single purchase he made for the powder. Most of the vendors didn't think it was worth the effort to fight it but one did. It took him several months but my friend eventually got his money back from the owner of CTD. But even so the owner of CTD probably made out with what was probably several hundred dollars worth of powder for free. And that is the biggest reason why I will not support him, his company or anyone affiliated with CTD. Crooks run in packs so I view anyone doing business with CTD in the same way I view CTD.

And because of that I would never consider spending one red cent with CTD. They are not a company that supports the shooting community, especially those who actually shoot for fun. They look for any excuse they can find to raise prices to panic levels hurting those who do not have sponsors and just shoot for fun.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've bought 2 or 3 times from CTD since their Big Gouge Period, including an AK pistol, cheapest anywhere at the time. It got a bit confused because the FFL I had it sent to, 6 or 8 showed up same day, as he'd bought the others to sell retail, were cheaper than he could get from any of his distributors.

Anyway, I don't care what CTD's biz model is ... it must work for them when they gouge, they're still in same biz, but that doesn't for me. Works for me when it's the cheapest, though. I do believe that's the 'Mericun Capitalism thang in which most folks here seem to believe?

- OS

CTD can choke on my capitalism. They haven't received a penny from me in years and won't receive one in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1