Motown residents answer police chief's call to arms

It's good to see logic in society for a change. It's a shame that crime is so bad there though.

It will change the crime rates in Detroit. What will be interesting to see is how the left spins it when the crime rate drops from the Chief's urging for all of Detroit's citizens to carry. There will be a overall decrease in crimes but mostly violent ones because citizens will fight back, they will kill some criminals and then the criminals will begin to realize that their free for all heyday has come to a screeching halt.

I honestly wish there was a legal requirement for every single citizen to own at least one firearm, doesn't mean you have to carry it, use it or even take it out of storage because knowing that everyone you come in contact owns a gun would make a lot of bad guys think twice about committing crimes, especially violent ones. Or better yet take all the old surplus firearms and reissue them to the citizens of the country. Make it a lot like a civilian version of the 1033 program for LE except for civilians and call it the "militia program". Use the Second amendment as the justification to create a militia, arm the members of the militia and train those who agree to join a militia. Send a militia, not military, ID card with every gun letting the owner know that along with the gun comes the responsibility to protect the nation, themselves and their loved ones with their newly acquired firearm. Let active duty military train the small groups of militia members in basic firearms, survival and fighting skills. The active duty military can use it as an exercise in training indigenous people.

So many things I would change about this country if I could.

• Like 4

The active duty military can use it as an exercise in training indigenous people.

So many things I would change about this country if I could.

We can call it "Jade Helm"   :panic:                         :hiding:

They have handgun registration in MI and have had as long as I can remember. It used to be disguised as a "safety inspection", but everyone knew what it really was.

Yep. I have an uncle in the Warren area, and we talk about it occasionally.

They have handgun registration in MI and have had as long as I can remember. It used to be disguised as a "safety inspection", but everyone knew what it really was.

This is my answer to anyone wanting or demanding I register my guns.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Register%20This2_zpsdnisz6h2.jpg.html]Register%20This2_zpsdnisz6h2.jpg[/URL]

I was PC and censored the pic so no one will know what he's holding up.  :)

Edited by K191145